Chapter Two - The Problem

Over At The Frankenstein Place

The boys had an amazing time playing at the carnival. RenJun and ChenLe had even won a big teddy bear. Though they had a good time, the bus is currently filled with soft snores. It's just past eight o'clock and they are headed back to St. Adrian's. They had played hard all day and agreed to meet back at the bus at six thirty. Mark had made sure they were all accounted for once again and then they started the journey back to the school.

Once on the road, it had started to rain. Between the patter of the rain against the roof and the motion of the bus, the boys had all fallen asleep within fifteen minutes of travel. The bus had been traveling for about an hour and a half when the boys are startled awake.

The bus swerved before the driver caught control and carefully pulled over to the side of the highway. Mark quickly popped up from his seat and had to steady his balance as he made his way to the driver as the other boys tried to regain their scences and figure out what's happening.

"What was that bang"? The driver opens his window and pokes his head out. He brings it back inside and then turns his attention to Mark. "There seems to be a blow-out in the front, left-hand tire. You guys better stay here while I go call for help. I don't get reception up here, but maybe I can back down the hill. I'll be back soon". With that being said, the driver pulls the hood of his jacket up and makes a dash out of the bus.


 

Dammit Janet