It's Her!

Condemned Angel

~ Kim Jaejong~
I successful avoided So Eun for four days. I would always keep an look out for her to make sure she wouldn’t have the chance to speak to me. She was still being bullied, people would prank her. They think that she is amusing to toy around with but So Eun never stood up for herself or report to the teachers. She was just try her best to ignore them and clean up whatever mess they made. I find myself angry at them for doing hurtful things to her but mostly at myself for just being a bystander. Today was the sixth day since she came, how could I of came to care about someone just after few days of meeting them. I unconsciously waited for her to walk through the classroom door but she never did. Class started and she was still no where to be found. Is she late? Is she sick? Where is she? Had she finally had enough of the bullying? I looked at the door every fifteen minutes but she still didn’t show up. She wasn’t at school the entire day, I felt lonely somehow.

For a week So Eun has not been at class already. I was worried but I could not show it. Miss Jang did not know where she was also, she had ask the students if they knew where she was. Of course none of us knew, she had no friends after three days of being at school.

**After School**

Tiffany and our friends decided to go to the mall today since we had no school tomorrow. I needed to get my mind off of So Eun not being at school. We walked around the mall, I was bored, shopping with Tiffany and the girls in our group was not fun.

“Oppa, do you think this looks nice on me?” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Of course, anything looks good on you,” I said half heartedly.

Tiffany smile with joy after I complimented her on her too short of a skirt. I sighed and scanned around the mall and saw people happily walking around. I then looked toward a bookstore and saw people looking around. This is boring, I then looked at the register at the bookstore and saw her. Kim So Eun! She isn’t dead! I blinked my eyes a few times, it really was her. She was working at the bookstore. She looked tired though. Her face was pale and although she was smiling to the costumers her soul seemed to be absent from her body. I wanted to walk over but then I felt a hand slip into mine. Tiffany! I was here with her.

“Hey Tiff, I just got a call from my dad. He wants to see me about something important,” I said in a hurry.

“Oppa! We just got here,” Tiffany complained

“Babe, you go have fun with them. I promise I will make it up to you,” I said and gave her a passionate kiss.

“Oh ok Oppa, I will miss you though,” she said.

“Me too, have fun,” I replied while waving.

I walked toward the other direction and glanced back until I saw Tiffany and our friends disappear from sight. I then marched back toward the bookstore to search for So Eun but she wasn’t anywhere to be found. Another girl replaced her at the register. I strolled in quickly and ignoring all the people in line. I heard a few angry people.

“Excuse me, where was the girl that was working here a while ago?” I asked.

“So Eun’s shift ended. She didn’t leave too long ago. You can probably catch up to her if your fast, ” she said.

“ Thank you so much,” I said and bowed to the people that I cut in front of while saying sorry.
I ran toward the exit and glanced around for So Eun. Where is she? I looked over to the bus stop and saw her standing there. I quickly walked toward my car across the street hoping to out race the bus in which she walked on to already. Success! The bus left with me trailing behind it. For the next few stops I waited for So Eun to get but she didn’t until we reach the hospital entrance. I saw her tiredly walk out, what is she doing at the hospital? I saw that she bowed toward the bus driver and walk in the hospital. I quickly parked my car at the side of the street and followed her. She entered the elevator as I walked in, I quickened my pace and to the elevator and observed it stop in the third floor. I got into the next available and pressed the button for the third floor. Why was she at the hospital in the evening?