A Star

Condemned Angel

~ Kim So Eun ~

 

Jaejoong oppa and I walked in silence but the silence wasn’t an uncomfortable one, I didn’t feel like I was suffocating. I blushed as I just realized I called Jaejoong, oppa! Omo! It slipped out without me noticing, this is embarrassing. Is it ok to call Jaejoong, oppa? Does he mind? I am already asking too many questions. He is the second person I called oppa after Kyuhyun of course but it wasn’t until So Hye forced my to call Kyuhyun, oppa, that I started. I was uncomfortable calling Kyuhyun, oppa a little before because I thought he had forgotten me but now that he was taking care of me it seemed ok. Jaejoong was a different case, I should go back to calling him Jaejoong.

 

When did feelings ever get this complicated? I don’t remember anything had been this confusing, it’s as if I am traveling through a maze I can’t seem to find my way. I think the only way I was going to get anywhere is to ask Jaejoong questions but I would be risking everything and my feelings if I were to ask or pondering too much on what can never be. I would end up getting hurt. As I wondered we had already arrived in front of the nurse’s office. I turned around and wait for oppa……….no….. I meant Jaejoong to catch up.

 

~ Kim Jaejoong ~

I stared at So Eun’s back, it was small and delicate as if any force would break her. I felt the need to protect her from any pain but could I do that? These feelings are new to me. What were they? Even though she was odd and awkward when I am near her I always feel comfortable. She was now turned around waiting for me to catch up to her in front of the nurse’s station. What to do I wasn’t really sick but she thought I was? As I stepped next to her, we both stepped into the nurse’s office. The old nurse was there again.

“ May I help you,” the nurse smiled and asked.

“ Yes thank you, Jaejoong is sick I think but I am not sure,” So Eun softly said.

“ Take a seat here young man,” the nurse gestured me to sit.

“ Hold, I need to use the restroom,” I said and she gestured toward the restroom door in the nurse room.

“ Thank you,” I said and walked inside.

Oh what to do? I guess I’ll have to make myself seem as warm as possible. I quickly rush to the sink and the tap to warm hot water and started to rinse my face a few times until there was hit of pink on my cheek and I could feel myself sweating. I never imagine myself to be doing such a thing. I then flushed and the tap to rinse myself once more before drying my face then walked out and the nurse and So Eun were still waiting for me. The nurse took my temperature.

“ Your temperature isn’t really high. Where are you not feeling well?” She asked looking at the small thermometer,

“ Well I have a migraine. I wasn’t feeling so well this morning, kind of warm but it has gotten better,” I lied and I didn’t like the feeling of lying. I never did but I didn’t want So Eun to think that I was lying.

“ I see, you might of have a slight cold. Why don’t you go home and rest. You will feel better tomorrow,” the nurse instructed.

“ Thank you,” I said and led So Eun out of the room.

“ Jaejoong you should call your driver to come pick you up. You shouldn’t be driving,” she suggested. She stopped calling me oppa and I didn’t like this.

“ Ok, can you come with me?” I asked with caution.

“ I have school, you should be ok since you have so much maids and servants,” she commented which was true but I wanted to spend more time with her.

“ Please, I’ll excuse you from school. I don’t want to be alone at home. My parents are away on a business trip,” I said which was true.

“ Uh….” she was thinking.

“ Please……..” I pouted.

“ Oh…ok,” she said quietly.

“ Thank you,” I smiled.

~ Kim So Eun~

“ Please……” Jaejoong begged while pouting. He looked so cute even though I knew it wasn’t the best idea but I couldn’t help but say yes.

“ Oh…ok,” I admitted defeat.

“ Thank you,” he said and reached out his phone and called his driver as we walked out to the front of the school.

When we arrived at the front of the gates, he was still on his cell. I think he was excusing me from school. I stared at his side profile, how can someone look so good when they’re sick? He then looked at me and caught me staring, I quickly looked away but I had already been caught.

“ So Eun were you staring at me?” he teased.

“ N..no….. you have something on your cheek,” I made of a lame excuse.

“ Really?” he leaned down to my level.

“ Ye..yes,” I stuttered. Why did I have to stutter?

“ Ok,” he simply said and chuckled abit.

I am beginning to doubt he was sick. Just then a black limo arrived in front of us and we climbed in. His life was glamorous and carefree. What did he have to worry about? He was smart without trying, rich, and good looking. I would be a burden to him wouldn’t I because I was full of drama and didn‘t have all the glitter things in my life? Having to always get me out of trouble.

“ Can I ask you a question?” I said and looked at him.

“ Yes,” he answered.

“ I don’t mean to offend you but why are you friends with someone like me?” I asked softly.

“ That doesn’t offend me but I think the question is why are you friends with me? I am not the nicest person in our school and you are very kind and considerate but I can tell you that I feel very comfortable around you. You give me warmth kind of like being hug even if you try to give a dark aura out but we’re not physically touching and I feel it inside of me,” he answered that I was expecting it made me really happy.

“ Really?” I whispered.

“ Yes, do you want to tell me your answer?” he asked and I was speechless

“ Another day, I promise to tell you,” I spoke because I was quite sure of my feelings.

“ Why?” he asked.

“ Because …. I don’t want to say it now,” I simply said.

“ You better tell me or I’ll tickle you,” he warned mischief tone.

“ Are you really sick?” I asked really wondering.

“ Yes but I did say I was feeling better and so you better tell me,” he said sticking his hands near my sides.

“ No I won’t,” I insisted. I wasn’t ready to answer this myself then he started to touch my sides and I started to laugh. I can’t remember the last time I laughed so carefree.

“ Jae please stop,” I begged while laughing.

“ Then tell me,” he continued to tickle.

“ Oh….ok… ok,” I whimpered and he stopped.

“ I am not sure myself but I do feel comfortable around you,” I said quietly and smiled. The rest of the car ride was quiet but I didn’t mind. He didn’t continued to ask me and he didn’t seem angry. I was now aware of my feelings, Jaejoong is a star in my life, a very bright and shimmering one that lit my world from the darkness that was about to completely take over. I was in love with Kim Jaejoong even if he didn’t like me, I know I can’t help myself. Although he was close enough for me to touch now which made me extremely happy but in reality he was far away. He was a distant star that if I get too close or longed for too much I would end up getting burned. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! ^_^