Caring

Condemned Angel

~Kim Jaejoong~
So Eun was walking behind and I did not like it. I wanted to see her face, I wanted to know that she was safe next to me. My heart took control over my body. I turned around and grabbed her hand. She jerked her face up but I just pulled her along. I pulled her to my car and opened the door and carefully push her in. I knew my behavior was odd and I know she thinks it is odd but I didn’t care anymore. I walked across the front of my car and reached the driver side and got in. I drove to her apartment. I parked my car in the parking lot and she got out of the car and walked to her apartment. She did all this quite swiftly. I’m guessing she was thinking I was going to leave right away talking her home. I followed her anyway.

“Oh, how did you know where I lived?” she asked.

I was caught off guard, I couldn’t tell her that I was following her.

“Oh….. The nurse gave me your address before she left,’” I replied hoping she would accept the answer.

“I see. Thank you for the ride. You can leave if you want,” she stated and started to open her apartment.

“I don’t have to leave……. I’ll make you something to eat. You fainted due to exhaustion. I’m going to make you something to eat while you take a shower,” I suggested.

“You don’t have to, the nurse isn’t here to see that you are taking care of me,” she said.

I wanted to yell. She thinks I am just doing this because the nurse told me to.

“I want to. So you go and take a shower then you eat then rest,” I said.

“Well….. Then… thank you,” she answered.

I sighed a relief, she wasn’t like a lot of girl that wanted my to go into their house and sleep with them. So Eun then opened the front door. I observed the apartment and I could see it was small but neat and tidy. It had a sense of a warm home and the aroma in the air was baked cookies. Similar to how she smells.

“The kitchen is that way. Our home is very small, it’ll be easy to find things but you can watch tv while I go take a shower. Then I can help you when I am done,” she said and ran upstairs.

I didn’t get to say a word before she disappeared. I looked around for a few minutes, the home was bright which was the opposite of what aura she gave off at school. I looked to the kitchen and looked in the fridge. It was practically empty with just a cube of tofu. I sighed how am I suppose to make her something to eat when she only has tofu. I closed the fridge and was shocked to see So Eun already done taking a shower. Her hair was still wet and she was in dark jeans with a comfy looking black cardigan. I pulled her hand again and dragged her upstairs.

“What are you doing?” she asked but I ignored it.

I walked down that small hallway until I reached the bathroom. I motioned her to sit on the toilet seat while I fumbled through the cabinets.

“What are you looking for? You can ask me, this is my home,” she said.

“Got it!” I exclaimed.

I pulled out an hair dryer. I plugged it in and turned it on and started to dry her hair. I could see that her cheeks flushed pink when I touched her head and I smiled.

“I can do it myself,” she told me trying to pull away.

“Hold still. I don’t want to yank off your hair,” I said trying to make her stay still.

She then stop struggling and let me flip her hair while I ran the blow dryer through it. I was done then I grabbed a brush and ran it down her straight, long hair. She was still blushing and she was looking away from me in attempt to conceal it.

“Done, now let’s go,” I said and pulled her hands again.

“Ummmm…. Where are we going?” she asked in a small voice.

“To the market, I can’t cooking anything for you if all you have if a cube of tofu,” I said.

“No, it’s ok. I always eat tofu. I also have so cup of noodles,” she explained as I was still pulling her downstairs..

“No, you cannot eat cup of noodles. You are sick and need something better,” I said.

I pulled her to the front door and she stopped me again.

“I still need to wear shoes,” she said in a gentle voice.

I then let go of her hand and chuckled because I completely forgotten that she wasn’t wearing shoes. I watched her put on her black converses. Why is everything she wears always so dark? She then stood up and looked at me.

“Ready? Let’s go!” I said and opened the front door.