Guarding

Condemned Angel

~ Kim Jaejoong~
I waited impatiently at the elevator to arrive at the third floor but it stopped at the second floor to load some nurses with a patient whose condition looked quite serious. I saw that she didn’t press any buttons. I then began to worry, the third was for patients that were not doing so well. The doors then opened and the nurses and patient went on to the floor first then I walked out and scanned for So Eun. I didn’t see her so I asked the nurse in the front desk.

“Excuse me please. May I ask is there a patient named Kim So Eun here?” I said hastily. I didn’t want to believe this.

“Sorry sir but there is no patient here by that name.” she answered.

“But I just watch her come on to this floor.” I said.

“Oh you’re talking about her. Her mother is a patient here. They are in room 316.” she explained.

“Thank you very much miss.” I said and bowed to her.

I sighed a relief knowing it wasn’t So Eun that got sick. I hesitantly walk to room 316. Should I go in? She would freak out and think that I am stalking her. I was in front of the door now, it was slightly opened. I peered in. So Eun was sitting at the chair holding on to a utterly pale women at the bed. The women was very pale and seemed to have trouble breathing. I could see that So Eun has her mother’s eyes cause the women in the bed although sick had warm, gentle eyes. I decided not to go in, it might freak them out. I was about to turn around when I heard So Eun began to speak.

“Mama, I am sorry I can’t do anything for you,” So Eun cried and I could hear trying to hold her tears in.

“So Eun, honey it’s ok. Mama knows that you have been a good daughter. I will not be here to long. Mama wants you to live a happy life when I am not here. Promise you will love yourself and let no harm come to you. I will be with your papa and So Hye in heaven and we will be watching you. Always remember to be a happy girl. Mama loves it when you smile, you have the sweetest smile,” her mom said in a powerless voice.

“Mama don’t say such a thing. The doctors can heal you. You will be able to leave the hospital in a few weeks,” So Eun sobbed even harder.

“So Eun, please be a brave girl for me, if mama leaves you must face the world bravely for us,” her mom hummed.

So Eun sat there crying. I felt my heart shattered in tiny pieces. Why was it hurting to see her cry? No! It cannot be, I must distant myself.

“Mama, I must leave for my second job,” So Eun said.

“So Eun, don’t work too hard. Remember you must go to school. I love you,” her mother gently voice.

“I love you too,” So Eun said still teary eyed.

I quickly went around the corner and I saw So Eun tiredly walk toward the elevators. I followed her silently and entered the elevator after she went down. Somehow I needed to follow her to her next job, I mean I don’t like her but I was a gentleman. I needed to make sure she got there safely. She was walking in the street and I followed until I saw her enter a bar. What is she doing here? She isn’t a bartender right? I didn’t like the thought of that. She would get taken advantage of by the drunk guys in the bar. I walked up to the front door, luckily I was mature looking that the guard didn’t question for a ID. I walked and searched for her but found her not at the bar where I thought her to be. I nervously scanned around. NO! She can be one the those girls that entertained the costumers. I sneakily peeked into the rooms one by one. She wasn’t in them. Where did she go? I wasn’t hallucinating when I saw her march in. I went to the bathroom to cool myself with some water.