It's Love

Easy As 1-2-3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Four and half years later…

 

“JOTA, COME HERE!” Sumin called. Footsteps were heard rushing down the stairs as Jota ran into the living room breathless. “What? Do you need to go to the hospital?” He asked trying to catch his breath. Sumin looked at his brother, “No, but can you get me a glass of water?” Jota straightened up and glared at his sister, “And you couldn’t do that yourself?”

“Uh, excuse me for being pregnant. Do you not see how round my tummy is?” Sumin pointed to her round stomach. Jota heaved a sigh as he started walking towards the kitchen, “You’re lucky your pregnant.” Sumin beamed, “Thanks baby brother.” “I told you not to call me that!” He hollered from the kitchen. Sumin giggled.

“Here you go.” Jota came back in the living room with a glass of orange juice. “Aw, how did you know I wanted OJ rather than water?” Sumin took the glass. “Because I’m your brother, duh.” Jota replied. “Thanks, you’re the best.” “I know. Do you need anything else?” “Nope, thanks again.” “Yup.” “Carry on. Go do your thing.”

Jota gave his sister a suspicious look, “Tell me why you’re here again when mom and dad aren’t home?” “What? I can’t visit my baby brother?” Sumin asked innocently. “You can, but something just doesn’t feel right. Where did Jooyoung hyung go again?” He asked taking a step towards the stairs. “He had to run a quick errand. He’ll be back in a bit.” Sumin replied as she took a sip of the orange juice. “Okay…well, call me if you need anything then.” Sumin nodded, “Oh I will.”

Jota gave her one last glance before skipping up the stairs and walked to his room. “Hayoon, you still there?” He asked as he walked over to his desk. “Yes, I’m right here.” Hayoon giggled as she waved her hand.

They were skyping each other. It was the first time they talked to each other in a week since Hayoon was busy practicing.

“Aren’t you tired?” He asked concerned. Hayoon shook her head, “No, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” “How can I not worry about you?” “You always say that. You should worry about Sumin unnie.” “She’ll be fine. Didn’t you hear her yell? She’s perfectly fine.” “But she’s pregnant. Not to mention, the baby is about to come any day now. Wasn’t her due date two days ago?”

Jota nodded, “It was. I guess the baby doesn’t want to come out yet. He’s probably scared of Sumin noona.” “Jota.” Hayoon called sternly. “I’m kidding. Jeez, why do you take everything so serious?” “Because I just do.” “I miss you.”

Hayoon softened as she stared at her boyfriend, “I miss you too.” “Can’t you come back sooner? I haven’t held you in a year now.” Jota pleaded. Hayoon gave him a soft smile, “I’ll be back soon.” “Who knew four and a half years would fly by so quickly.” “Right? Time does fly.” “You’re not wrong.” “Oh, how’s Jihyun unnie and baby Seol?” “They’re doing great. Dareum messaged me saying that they came home today.”

“Aw. I wish I could see baby Seol. I can’t wait to meet her.” Hayoon giggled. “Are you that excited?” Jota chuckled. “Of course, I am! I finally have a niece that I can spoil.” “Then what about Dojin? Do you not miss him?” “I miss him too! It’s just that Joohyuk oppa is a pain every time I call him. He never lets me see Dojin.”

Jota chuckled, “That sounds like something Joohyuk hyung would do.” “He’s so annoying. Why do I have an oppa like that?” Hayoon huffed. “Because you just do. I’m sure Joohyuk hyung wants you home too. He told me the other day that when he showed Dojin a picture of you, he cried.” “What? No, he didn’t.” “You don’t believe me?” “You’re annoying just like Joohyuk oppa.”

“I love you.” Jota sent her a finger heart. “You can take that back.” Hayoon waved it off. “Oh, come on. Do you not love me?” “Nope, not anymore.” “Nam Hayoon.” “Lee Jonghwa.” “Oh? Lee Jonghwa?” “Yes, Lee Jonghwa, you better watch yourself.” “I am. What are you going to do about it?” Hayoon narrowed her eyes at him, “You’re going to get it when I see you again.” Jota chuckled, “I’ll be waiting sweetheart.”

“I need to go back now.” Hayoon looked at her wrist watch. Jota frowned, “Already?” “Unfortunately, yes.” “Can’t you stay a little longer?” “Jota, we’ve been talking for the past five hours. I need to go to practice for a bit.”

Jota heaved a sigh, “Alright. Make sure you take your medicine. You just recovered from your cold.” Hayoon nodded with a small smile, “I will. I love you.” “I love you too.” “Bye. I’ll talk to you soon.” “Not soon enough.” “I love you, Lee Jonghwa.” Jota cracked a smile, “I love you too, Nam Hayoon.”

Hayoon waved at him before hanging up. Jota heaved a sigh when he saw his screen. He missed her already. “Why can’t you come back soon, Hayoon?” He whispered as he turned off his computer. Before he could get up, his phone beeped. He grabbed his phone and saw that Hayoon had sent him a text. Jota grinned and sent a text back to her.

He slipped his phone into his pocket before getting up. He stretched his arms over his head and made his way out of his bedroom. He walked down the hall to the stairs. “Sumin noona?” He called as he hit the bottom of the stairs.

“What’s up?” Sumin asked as she continued to watch TV. “Jooyoung hyung isn’t back yet?” Jota asked as he sat down next to his sister. “You just asked me that like ten minutes ago. What are you doing down here? Done talking with Hayoon?” Sumin raised a brow. “Or did you just want to spend some sister-brother time?”

Jota chuckled, “Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I want to spend time with my lovely noona?” “Because you never wanted to before.” Sumin shot back. “Do you want me here or not?” Sumin laughed, “Don’t be such a sour patch.” “A sour patch? Really?” “Should I call you annoying then?” “No, forget it. We’ll stick to sour patch.” “I thought so.”

 

------

 

“Hi oppa.” Hayoon beamed brightly. “Hello my sweet sister.” Joohyuk grinned. “Let me see Dojin. I don’t want to see you.” Joohyuk frowned, “How dare you?” “I’d prefer to see Dojin and Sungkyung unnie.” Hayoon smiled.

“Do you not miss me?” Joohyuk pouted. “No, I just want to see Dojin, so show him to me.” Hayoon ushered. “Did you want me to pick you up or not?” “I can find someone else to pick me up. You’re not the only one.” Hayoon stuck out her tongue. “Fine, I won’t pick you up.” Joohyuk huffed.

“Okay, I’ll have Hwasa pick me up.” Hayoon declared. “Then I’ll tell Jota that you’re coming home.” Joohyuk threatened. “How dare you?” She gasped. Joohyuk chuckled, “Should I call him?” “No, I just got off the phone with him.” “Oh, that’s even better. I’ll tell him all of your dirty secrets.” “Oppa, I don’t have any dirty secrets.”

“Hayoon?” Sungkyung asked. “Sungkyung unnie!” Hayoon beamed brightly. “Oh, Dojin!” “Look, who it is. It’s your Auntie Hayoon.” Sungkyung pointed at the computer screen. “Dojin!” Hayoon waved her hands. Dojin clapped happily upon hearing his name.

“Aw, you’re so big now!” Hayoon cooed. “Of course, he is. He’s already one.” Joohyuk boosted. “Oppa, can you get out of the picture?” Hayoon waved her hand. “How can you do that to me? Am I not your oppa?” Joohyuk gasped with a hand over his heart. Sungkyung slapped his arm, “Stop being so overdramatic.” “Ow.” Joohyuk rubbed his arm.

“Hayoon, don’t worry about your brother. I’ll make sure it’s a surprise for everyone.” Sungkyung smiled. “I can always count on you, unnie.” Hayoon smiled. “That’s why I’m here. To keep Joohyuk in check and help you in any way I can.” “I am blessed with the best sister-in-law ever.” “Oh, come on.” “I’m serious.” “Of course, it’s because I married the right person.” Joohyuk wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist.

Hayoon wrinkled her nose, “You’re disturbing our moment, oppa.” “Haha.” Joohyuk stuck out his tongue. “So childish.” Sungkyung shook her head. “But, you still love me.” He sang. “Your plane lands tomorrow morning, right?” Sungkyung asked. Hayoon nodded, “Yes, it lands around nine thirty tomorrow morning.” “Don’t worry. We’ll be there to pick you up.”

“Who are you going to see first, Hayoon?” Joohyuk asked. “You, of course.” Hayoon answered cheekily. “No duh, I’m picking you up.” Joohyuk rolled his eyes. “And, I finally get to meet Dojin too. I’m so excited to meet you, Dojin.” Hayoon cooed.

Dojin beamed as he blew bubbles in his mouth. “He’s excited to meet you, Hayoon.” Sungkyung giggled as she wiped the baby’s mouth with is bib. “I’m excited to meet you too, Dojin. Wait for auntie.” Hayoon cooed. “Okay, I think we’re done talking now. We’ll see you tomorrow.” Joohyuk stepped up. “Don’t be late oppa.” Hayoon reminded. “We won’t. Don’t practice too hard, okay?” Sungkyung smiled.

Hayoon nodded, “I won’t. See you tomorrow.” They waved once more before hanging up. Hayoon heaved a sigh of relief and walked over to her window. She looked out the window, “I’m going to miss this scenery. I’ve been here for four and a half years already.” She thought back to everyone who was back in South Korea. “I miss everyone, especially you, Jota.”

 

------

 

“This little girl. Why is she not out yet?” Joohyuk scowled looking around the airport. “Her plane just literally landed, so she’s going to need some time to get off the plane. Why are you so impatient?” Sungkyung asked as she patted Dojin’s back. “She said she was going to get off the plane and she’s not here yet.” Joohyuk huffed. “You act like you’ve never been on a plane before. She’ll be out soon, so calm down.” Joohyuk heaved a sigh and continued to look around hoping that his sister would come out of the gate faster.

Sungkyung shook her head as she looked down at their son, “Your dad can be so weird sometimes.” Dojin blinked at her before giggling. She kissed his cheek, “I bet your excited to finally meet your auntie, aren’t you?” Dojin beamed and ate his hand. “What are you two whispering about over there?” Joohyuk asked turning back to his wife and son.

“Nothing.” Sungkyung replied with a smile. Before Joohyuk could say anything, Hayoon walked through the gate. “Sungkyung unnie!” Hayoon beamed waving. Sungkyung perked up and walked towards her sister-in-law, “Hayoon!” “Dojin!” Hayoon squealed happily as she caressed the infant’s cheek. Dojin giggled happily. “Aw, you’re so cute.” Hayoon beamed brightly. “Unnie, it’s nice to see you again.” Hayoon gave her a hug. “You’re finally back.” Sungkyung hugged her back.

Joohyuk cleared his throat as his wife and sister pulled apart from their hug. “Oh, hey oppa.” Hayoon greeted flatly before turning to Dojin. “Uh, no happy greeting for me?” Joohyuk raised a brow. “Nah, you don’t need it.” She shook her head as she grabbed Dojin, who blew bubbles in his mouth.

“Gosh, why are you so cute?” She kissed his cheek. “You’re so big now.” “He sure has. He’s a lot to handle nowadays.” Sungkyung shook her head. “Honey, grab Hayoon’s suitcase.” She, Hayoon, and Dojin started towards the exit leaving Joohyuk by himself. He scoffed in disbelief, “How could she ignore me? Am I not her oppa?” He wrinkled his nose and grabbed Hayoon’s suitcase rolling it after them.

“The weather is so nice.” Hayoon beamed as she looked around. “You came back at the perfect time.” Sungkyung smiled. “I did. Everything still looks the same.” “Not a lot is going to change dramatically in four and a half years.” “You don’t know that.”

Sungkyung laughed, “You’re right. Our car is right there. Where did you want us to drop you off?” “Um, I’m thinking mom and dad. They’ve been harassing me to come home.” Hayoon laughed. “You’re not going to see Jota first?” “No, I’m going to save the best for last. Plus, I need to go see my girlfriends too.” “Mom and dad can’t wait for you to come home.” “You and oppa didn’t tell them that I was coming home, did you?”

“Of course not. Who do you think I am?” Joohyuk asked as they stopped in front of their car. Hayoon looked up at her older brother, “That you’re the best oppa ever. I couldn’t have asked for a better oppa.” Joohyuk couldn’t help but softened, “You and your sweet words.” “Jihyun unnie and I know how to get to you, oppa.” Hayoon laughed. “You two sure do.” Joohyuk chuckled.

“Oh, how is Jihyun unnie? I want to see her and baby Seol.” Hayoon looked at her brother. “They’re doing fine. Jihyun wants you to meet Seol too.” Joohyuk placed her suitcase in the trunk of the car. “Let’s get in.” Sungkyung opened the door. “I’ll put him in, so don’t worry about it.” Hayoon smiled as she placed Dojin in his car seat.

Joohyuk raised a brow, “Are you sure you know how to do it?” “I do. I have friends in England who has kids.” Hayoon rebutted. “Okay, I’m just making sure.” Joohyuk stated as he walked over to the driver side. “Let me know if you need help.” Sungkyung offered as she got in the car. “I got this. Don’t worry.” Hayoon assured as Dojin giggled.

 

------

 

“Thanks for picking me up, oppa.” Hayoon thanked as Joohyuk grabbed her suitcase from the trunk. “What can I say? I’ve missed my little sister, who got famous abroad.” Joohyuk chuckled. “I did not.” “Oh yeah? You’re practically the ballerina princess of South Korea. Everyone’s been keeping an eye on you.” “You’ll be surprised to know how famous you are here, Hayoon.” Sungkyung smiled.

“Well, I mean, you did lose a few fans because of that dating sandal. Jota was balling his eyes out too. Man, that was a sight.” Joohyuk shook his head. “That was just a misunderstanding. Plus, I already explained everything to Jota, so he understands.” Hayoon defended. “Sure, but that guy was pretty good looking. If I was a girl, I’d date him.” “Oh okay.” Sungkyung snickered.

“But, I’m a married man and I love my wife.” Joohyuk winked at his wife, who rolled her eyes. “Let’s go in.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter