Lee Family

Easy As 1-2-3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, you didn’t have buy anything for my family.” Jota looked at his girlfriend, who was shopping for some presents. “I know, but I want to.” Hayoon smiled at him. “Now, you make me look bad. I didn’t even get anything for your family.” “I already told you that you didn’t need to and not to feel bad. My parents weren’t angry or anything.” “But it was rude of me not to bring anything.”

Hayoon shook her head as he grabbed his hand, “Come here and stop complaining. I need your help. What would your family like?” “I think a basket of fruits is fine. You don’t have to get anything special for them.” “Are you sure?” “Yes, I’m very sure. Why are you even making this a big deal?” “Well, I am meeting your parents for the first time. I want to make a good impression on them.”

“You don’t need to worry about that. If I like you then they’ll like you too. You’re a very likable person.” Jota grinned. “Are you saying that to comfort me?” Hayoon asked “I am, so can we just get a basket of fruits and head out? I don’t want to stay I here anymore.” “Alright, you whiny baby, let’s go.” “Come, the baskets are this way.” Jota pulled her in the opposite direction.

“Are you doing this because you don’t want me to meet your family?” Hayoon asked suspiciously. “No, of course not. I just don’t want you to stress about it.” Jota answered. “I’m not stressing out over anything.” “Yes, you are. I can tell that you’re stressed. Trust me, you don’t need to worry about anything.” “We should hurry. I still need to get some stuff for ballet.”

“Oh, that’s right. I almost forgot that you needed to buy some stuff.” Jota stopped. “Then we can buy the basket later. Let’s go find your stuff first.” Hayoon looked at her boyfriend, “Are you sure?” “I’m sure. I don’t want to carry around the basket. It’ll be heavy too.” “Alright, then let’s go find my things. We still have time before we meet your family.” “Yeah, we do so I wish they’d stop texting me to come over.”

Hayoon laughed, “They’re texting you already?” Jota heaved a sigh, “They’ve been texting me nonstop since yesterday morning. I’m annoyed with them. They won’t leave me alone.” “They’re just excited as I am. Hopefully, we get along.” “You will, so don’t worry about it. Let’s just buy the things you need. That’s more important anyway. Plus, my family will understand if we’re a little late.”

 

------

 

“And we’re here.” Jota declared as they stepped out of his car. “Wow. You have a very nice house.” Hayoon said in awe as she looked at the house in front of her. “This is a big gate.” “It’s not that big. Honestly, my house isn’t all that either.” “We’ll have to see about that.” “Let’s go in.”

Before they could take another step towards the gate, it opened and showed a beautiful woman in her late 20s. “Welcome!” She greeted brightly with a big smile on her face. “I’m back Sumin noona.” Jota smiled as his older sister pulled him into a hug. “I’ve missed you, baby brother.” Sumin giggled. “I’m not a baby you know.” “You’ll forever be my baby brother, so don’t even deny it anymore.”

Jota chuckled as they pulled away from the hug. “Oh my! You must be Hayoon.” Sumin beamed as she took a step towards her. Hayoon smiled and bowed, “Hello.” “Come here.” Sumin pulled her into a hug, “I’ve been waiting to meet you.” Hayoon hugged her back, “I have too.” Sumin pulled away with a bright smile, “It’s so nice to finally meet you. I’ve been wondering what kind of girl would date my bothersome of a brother.”

“Hey.” Jota frowned. Sumin looked back at her brother before turning back to Hayoon, “I think you’re too nice. I would never date my brother if I wasn’t his sister.” Jota rolled his eyes, “Whatever.” Hayoon giggled, “I think he’s a good catch.” “I could always count on you, Hayoon.” Jota winked at her. “Well, I think you’re too good for my brother, Hayoon. I searched you up and saw that you’re a ballerina, am I right?” Sumin smiled as she linked arms with the younger woman.

Hayoon nodded, “I am.” “And you got recruited by this famous ballet dance group in England.” Sumin stated as she and Hayoon started walking towards the gate. “How did you know?” Hayoon asked surprised. “Everyone knows. It’s all over the media.” Sumin laughed. “Really? Already?” “Yes, it’s out everywhere. It’s a big famous ballet group, so there’s a lot of people who keep tabs on them. Also, you’re pretty famous here in South Korea too.”

“No, I’m not that famous.” Hayoon shook her head with pink cheeks. “You’re so humble, Hayoon. I’m pretty sure everyone in the ballet business knows about you.” Sumin smiled. “Are you into ballet as well?” “Did I give off the vibe?” “The only vibe you give off is the scary horror movie one.” Jota shuddered. Sumin shot her brother a glare, “Shut it.” Jota mimicked her jokingly.

Sumin rolled her eyes, “Sorry about that. Jota always finds a reason to make me bark at him. To answer your question, I am a ballet dancer myself and I’ve been following you before you started dating Jota. Honestly, I would have recruited you myself to teach, but going to England is a better opportunity for you.” “Oh gosh, I didn’t even recognize you. You’re Lee Sumin, the professor at Q Dance Studio.” Hayoon gasped.

Sumin laughed, “You finally recognized me.” “Sorry about not recognizing you sooner. You’re a lot prettier in person, so I didn’t recognize you.” Hayoon smiled. “Aw, thank you. It’s alright. I like to keep a low profile, so others don’t know much about my personal life.” “Didn’t you just recently come back from overseas?” “I did. I was in Germany for a month.” “Did you like it there?” “I loved it. It’s a very beautiful country, but my next stop is Ireland.” “Ireland?” “Yes, I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland and see what’s it like, so I’ll be leaving in three months to go there.” “Wow.”

“Sumin, is Jota here yet?” A motherly voice asked as Sumin and Hayoon stepped inside the house. “Yes mother. I have Hayoon here with me.” Sumin asked back as a woman in her late 40s walked out of the living room. “Oh my!” Mrs. Lee beamed as she set her eyes on Hayoon, who bowed. “Hello, I’m Nam Hayoon.” She greeted softly.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you.” Mrs. Lee walked up to her and beamed. “It’s nice to meet you too.” Hayoon smiled. “Come in, this way.” Mrs. Lee lead her daughter and Hayoon into the living room where Mr. Lee was waiting. “Dad, look here.” Sumin beamed. Mr. Lee looked up and smiled, “Ah, Hayoon, it’s nice to meet you.” “Hello.” Hayoon greeted with a bow. “I’m here too.” Jota chimed in as he came in after Hayoon.

“Look at this.” Mrs. Lee giggled. “It’s my precious son.” She hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Aw, I missed you too, mom.” Jota chuckled. “Hello dad.” “It’s nice to have you home, Jonghwa.” Mr. Lee smiled. “Sit, sit.” Mrs. Lee ushered. “You can sit here with Jota.” Sumin winked at Hayoon, who nodded.

“I hope my older sister didn’t scare you.” Jota searched Hayoon’s eyes as they sat down. Hayoon shook her head, “She didn’t. Plus, you didn’t tell me that your sister was a ballet dancer.” “Was that something I was supposed to tell you?” “Well, it would have been nice to know.” “Sorry.” “Too late now.” Hayoon poked his side.

“I’ll go bring the refreshments.” Mrs. Lee smiled as she headed out the living room. “Let me help you, mom.” Sumin followed her mother. “Should I go help too?” Hayoon asked about to stand up. “No, you’re our guest. Just stay seated.” Sumin smiled before leaving the living room. Hayoon turned to look at her boyfriend. “It’s fine, so just sit tight.” Jota gave her a reassuring smile.

“Hayoon.” Mr. Lee called. Hayoon looked up at him, “Yes?” “Please make yourself comfortable. This isn’t a formal meeting or anything. We’re very excited to have you here. Jonghwa has neve brought home a girl, so we’re happy that you’re here.” Hayoon nodded, “Alright.” “Here we are.” Mrs. Lee announced as she stepped in the room with a tray full of fruits. “And here are the drinks.” Sumin smiled as she set the tray of juices on the table.

“Oh no, we forgot to buy the fruits.” Hayoon turned to look at Jota in horror. “It’s alright. We have plenty here.” Mrs. Lee waved it off. “Thank you for the thought though.” Sumin smiled. “I told you it was okay.” Jota looked at his girlfriend, who was glaring at him. “So, how did the two of meet?” Sumin asked as she bit into the pear.

“We just bumped into each other at the school festival.” Jota answered. “Oh, that’s so romantic.” Mrs. Lee giggled. “Jota was very straightforward though. He hugged me right away.” Hayoon teased. “Oh my! Lee Jonghwa, how rude of you!” Sumin clicked her tongue. “W-What? I-I didn’t do that.” Jota defended. Hayoon smirked, “You don’t remember that? I clearly remember you hugging me.”

“Nam Hayoon.” Jota called her name sternly causing her to laugh. “Why are you so shy about it? You’re trying to deny the fact that you did?” Hayoon teased. “It was an accident. You’re making it seem like I did it on purpose.” “I bet you did.” Sumin snickered. “I did not.” Jota protested. “Sumin, don’t tease your brother.” Mrs. Lee scolded lightly. “How can I not? Your son practically pounced on Hayoon before they even knew each other. I thought I taught you better than else.” Sumin shook her head.

Jota heaved a dejected sigh, “I give up. I’m not going to defend myself anymore. It’s no use.” Sumin giggled, “Oh Lee Jonghwa, stop being such a baby. You can’t even take my teasing anymore.” “No, I can’t. I can’t handle your teasing. It’s too much for me.” “You’re so dramatic. Sorry Hayoon, that you have to see this side of Jota. I know he wants to keep showing you his manly side, but now you’ve seen his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter