Not A Marriage Meeting

Easy As 1-2-3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa. So, your families are meeting this weekend?” H.O asked looking at Jota, who nodded. “Yeah, I don’t know how to feel about it.” Jota heaved a sigh. “But shouldn’t that be something exciting?” Lee Geon asked. “No, not right before the semester is going to start. I’m like stressing out right now.” Jota ruffled his hair.

“It should be easy, shouldn’t it? You guys have already meet each other’s families, so it should be smooth.” Moos waved the matter off. “You guys just don’t get it. I’m worried that my parents are going to say something weird.” Jota looked at his friends. “Like what?” Buffy asked. “I don’t know. I’m just worried.” Jota heaved a sigh. “Maybe you’re just worrying too much.” Heojun stated.

“I don’t know. I’m just worried. I feel like this is a meeting for people who are getting married. Hayoon and I aren’t getting married any time soon.” Jota declared. “So, you’re not planning on marrying Hayoon yet?” Daewon asked. Jota shook his head, “No, I’m not. Maybe in a couple of years.” Jota answered. “Why won’t you propose to her now?” H.O asked.

“I just feel that if I propose to her now, she’s going to be stress. The semester is going to start soon, and this is a big year for Hayoon, so I don’t want her to be anymore stressed than she is already.” Jota pressed his lips into a thin line. “Then you shouldn’t stress out about it. If you stress about it, you’re probably going to stress Hayoon out.” Moos stated. “You think so?” Jota asked turning to look at his friend.

Moos nodded, “I’m sure.” “Just don’t stress about it. It’ll be fine this weekend.” Buffy patted his shoulder. “You guys are right. I shouldn’t worry too much about this.” Jota nodded. “What are you guys going to do? Eat dinner together?” H.O asked. “Yeah, dinner.” Jota replied shortly. “Where at?” Lee Geon asked. “At Hayoon’s family house.” Jota answered.

“Then there shouldn’t be a problem. Stop freaking out over nothing.” Buffy waved it off. “You guys wouldn’t know since you guys don’t have girlfriends.” Jota shook his head. “Who says we don’t have girlfriends?” Moos raised a brow. “W-What? You have a girlfriend?” Jota asked shocked. Moos chuckled, “Of course, I do.” “Jota, you’re the only one that doesn’t know about it.” Lee Geon laughed.

“W-What? W-Why am I the only one that doesn’t know?” Jota asked puzzled. “Because you’ve been too busy with Hayoon that you didn’t know about the rest of us getting girlfriends.” Heojun grinned. “Wait, hold on. Did you all get girlfriends?” Jota asked looking at his group of friends. “Of course not. There only a few of us, so don’t freak out. We’re all good-looking guys too.” Buffy chuckled. “That’s not what I meant.” Jota frowned. “So, who got a girlfriend?”

Moos, H.O, and Heojun raised their hands. Jota stared at them like they were aliens from another planet. “R-Really? You three got girlfriends?” He stuttered. “You can meet them soon.” Moos chuckled. “Oh, that reminds me, I have a date.” Heojun stood up from his seat while looking at his phone. “OH~” Madtown howled with smiles on their faces.

“See you guys later.” Heojun saluted and walked towards the front door. “Bye! Have fun!” Lee Geon waved happily. “I think you need to find yourself a girlfriend, Lee Geon.” Buffy chuckled. “Nah, that’s too much work for me.” Lee Geon shook his head. “How can he get a girlfriend when he breaks hearts from left to right?” Daewon asked with a grin.

“Hey, I don’t go around breaking girls hearts.” Lee Geon frowned. “Oh please, yes you do. You pretty much break every girls heart. There’s too many to count.” Moos laughed. “I just haven’t found that girl yet. I’m still waiting for her.” Lee Geon defended. “Oh ho, you’re such a romantic guy.” Jota chuckled. “I sure am. I’m not just a player.” Lee Geon grinned. “Then why do you keep playing with girls’ hearts?” Daewon asked.

Lee Geon shrugged, “I don’t know. I don’t purposely do it. It just happens.” H.O narrowed his eyes, “Are you sure? I’m sure people just don’t throw themselves at others.” “I didn’t say anything about people throwing themselves.” Lee Geon scowled. “Alright, you two, let’s move on. Heojun is out on a date now and I also have a date, so you guys can stay home. Just don’t cause any trouble.” Moos stood up.

“You have a date too?” Buffy raised a brow. Moos nodded, “I sure do, so see ya!” He saluted and walked towards the front door. “Buy something yummy when you come home!” H.O hollered after him. “I’ll try! Bye!” Moos closed the door. “Now, what are we going to do?” Buffy heaved sigh as he grabbed the remote. “Be loners at home.” Lee Geon replied.

 

------

 

“Good afternoon.” Hayoon greeted with a bright smile on her face. “Good afternoon.” Jota smiled as he held out his hand. Hayoon grabbed his and laced their fingers together. “Are you ready for this?” Jota asked looking down at his girlfriend. “As ready as I’ll ever be.” She replied. “This feels ready strange though. It’s like a meeting between the families right before the wedding.” “But, that’s the catch. We’re not getting married.” “Yet. You forgot the key word.”

Hayoon laughed, “Okay, let me rephrase that then. We’re not getting married yet.” Jota nodded, “That’s better.” “So, when are you going to propose to me?” “You want to marry me that bad?” “N-No, I’m just asking.”

Jota chuckled as he squeezed her hand, “You’re just going to have to wait. I’m going to make it super romantic that you’re going to ball your eyes out.” Hayoon rolled her eyes, “Okay, now, you’re being overdramatic.” “What? You don’t believe me?” “I’ll just wait. I don’t want to marry you yet.” “Alright, if you say so.”

“We should hurry up before they start calling us.” Hayoon looked at her wrist watch. “What time is it?” Jota asked. “It’s almost two thirty.” “And we planned for three?” “Yup.” “We still have time. Plus, your house is like right there, but knowing my parents, they like to be places super early. They’re probably at your house already.”

Hayoon’s eyes widened as she turned to look at her boyfriend, “What?! Really?!” Jota nodded, “Yeah, they’re those people.” “Oh gawd. Then we should hurry.” Hayoon started walking faster pulling him along with her. Jota laughed, “Now you’re in a hurry.” “Well, if your parents are there then we should be too. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” “I forgot?” “I don’t believe you.”

“Don’t worry about anything.” Jota reassured. “How can I trust someone like you?” Hayoon turned back with her brows pinched together. “Someone like me? Excuse you, but I’m your boyfriend.” “Boyfriend or not, you’re not trust worthy.” “Oh boy. Miss Nam Hayoon, you need to look at me when you’re talking.” “I did already.” She started picking up her pace almost causing Jota to trip on his own foot. “Whoa there.”

“Hayoon noona!” Dareum called waving his arms in the air as Hayoon and Jota were close to her house. “Dareum!” Hayoon beamed as she waved back to her younger brother. “Hey Jota hyung!” He greeted the older male. “Hey there Dareum.” Jota greeted with a bright smile. “What are you doing out here?” Hayoon asked.

“Waiting for the two of you.” Dareum replied. “Why is that?” Hayoon asked. “Well, technically, everyone is waiting for the two of you.” He replied. “So, everyone’s here?” Jota asked. Dareum nodded, “Yeah, they are.”

Hayoon turned to glare at her boyfriend, “See.” Jota laughed, “Let’s go in before Hayoon murders me out here.” Dareum laughed, “Hayoon noona, would never be able to do that.” “Nam Dareum.” She called sternly. Dareum quickly darted inside the gate running towards the house hollering, “THEY’RE HERE!” “Why do I have a younger brother like him?” Hayoon groaned. “Let’s go. They’re waiting for us.” Jota pulled inside the gate and towards the house.

Once they stepped inside the house, they could hear chatting and laughter coming from the living room. They quickly took off their shoes and walked towards the living room holding hands. They weren’t sure on what to expect besides their family chatting happily.

“Oh, you two are finally here.” Mrs. Nam beamed as she stood up. “Hi mom.” Hayoon smiled shyly. “Look at you two. You guys make a wonderful match.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter