Nam Family

Easy As 1-2-3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Glad to be done with the semester?” Jota asked glancing over at his girlfriend, who was happily eating her ice cream. Hayoon nodded, “I am. I feel like I can finally relax.” “Me too.” “Are you glad the semester is over?” “Of course, I don’t have to study anymore. However, there’s only one year left and that’s what scares me.” “But aren’t you excited as well? I mean, we’ll finally be done with college and not have to worry about it.” “Alright, I am excited for no more school, but I might go to grad school to continue and learn.”

“That’s good. I’ll have to see what happens in the next couple of years.” Hayoon stated. “Aren’t you happy that you made your decision?” Jota grinned. “It was hard, but I did it and I don’t regret it.” “Good, I’m glad to hear that. Just remember that you have a boyfriend over here, who loves and cares about you. Don’t go looking at them England men too. I’m the only one you should be looking at.”

Hayoon laughed, “Alright, I won’t look at them, but you can’t blame me if they come up to me and talk to me.” “Just don’t be too friendly with them. They might get the wrong idea if you do that.” Jota reminded. “I won’t. My eyes won’t wonder.” “Good. Actually, maybe I should go with you and make sure that your eyes won’t wonder.” “How could my eyes wonder when every time I look at my phone, I’m reminded of you?”

Jota chuckled, “You’re right. That’ll make you think of me all day every day.” “And you’ll be alright that I won’t be here for a couple of years, right?” Hayoon asked looking at her boyfriend to observe him. “Like I said, I’ll come visit you on holidays and we can spend time together. You can also come back here when you’re free.” “And we’ll talk every day?” “Most days. I’m sure you’ll be tired after a long day of practicing.”

“How did I get myself such a considerate boyfriend?” Hayoon laughed. “I’m not sure, but you should be glad.” Jota grinned. “I’m very happy.” “Then you and I need to spend as much time as possible before you leave next summer, am I right?” “Right. I can’t believe it. This summer and new school year is going to go by in a breeze and we’ll be graduating.” “The life of college students.” “It sure is.”

“I am very nervous right now.” Jota took a deep breath. “Why? Because you’re finally meeting my family?” Hayoon laughed. “Of course! This is my first time, so I don’t want to mess up or anything. What if your parents don’t like me? Or your siblings? What if your Fmily doesn’t approve of our relationship?” “Why are you freaking out? It’ll be fine. My father was once a judo teacher, but he’s retired now.”

“Then he’s definitely going to judge me.” Jota shook his head. “It’ll be fine. My older brother, older sister, and younger brother will be there.” Hayoon beamed brightly. “Oh gawd. I’m doomed.” “They’re not that bad. They’re excited to meet you. And aren’t I meeting your family this weekend?” “Yup. I’m not looking forward to that as well.” “Why not? Didn’t you say that your family was excited to meet me?” “They are and that’s the scary part.”

“Jota, you worry too much. There’s nothing wrong with meeting our families.” Hayoon stated happily eating her ice cream. “You just don’t know about my family. They can be a little weird.” Jota wrinkled his nose. “I’m sure it’ll be fine.” “I don’t know. I just hope that they don’t scare you away.” “You make it seem like we’re meeting each other’s family before we get married or something.” “Is that not what we’re doing?”

Hayoon turned to look at him in shock, “W-What?” Jota laughed, “I’m kidding. Although I may have to do one soon.” “That’s not funny Jota.” “I’m being serious. I’m planning on marrying you, but we’ll have to see on when that is.” Hayoon shook her head, “You’re impossible.” “I’m very possible when it comes to marrying you.” “You and your corny words.” “Does it make you cringe? Because it does for me.” Jota shuddered.

Hayoon laughed, “And we’re here.” Jota swallowed as he looked at the house in front of him, “Already?” “Already.” “I don’t think I’m ready for this.” Jota stated as the two of them stopped at the gate. “Too late.” Hayoon declared as she pressed the doorbell.

“Who is it?” A soft voice asked through the intercom. “It’s me, Hayoon.” Hayoon beamed. “Hayoon! Come in!” The sound the gate unlocking made Jota sweat. “Let’s go.” Hayoon gave her boyfriend’s hand a squeeze before pushing the gate open and stepping in. Jota followed along not knowing what to think. He glanced around to look at his surrounding as well as to see what kind of house Hayoon grew up in.

“HAYOON!” Two voices called loudly. Hayoon looked up and waved happily, “Oppas!” Upon hearing that, Jota swallowed hard and watched as Hayoon let go of his hand and ran to hug one of the male figures walking her way.

“I’ve missed you, Joohyuk oppa.” Hayoon giggled. “I’ve missed you too.” Joohyuk swayed her from side to side. “Um, what about me?” Another voice asked. Hayoon alguhed as she pulled away, “Dareum~” Dareum beamed as he hugged his older sister, “I missed you too you know.” “I know, and I missed you. How’s school?” “Boring like always.” Hayoon pulled away and ruffled his hair, “Better study hard.”

“Hayoon, aren’t you forgetting someone?” Joohyuk chuckled. Hayoon turned to blink at him before turning back to Jota, who was standing there awkwardly. She quickly let go of Dareum and skipped over to Jota linking arms with him. “Oppa, Dareum, this is Jota, my boyfriend.” She introduced. “Hello. I am Jota.” Jota bowed.

Joohyuk and Dareum looked at each other before walking towards the two. “Hi. I’m Joohyuk, Hayoon’s older brother.” Joohyuk smiled holding his hand out. Jota swallowed and shook his hand, “It’s nice to meet you.” “And I’m Dareum, Hayoon noona’s younger brother.” Dareum held out his hand. Jota smiled and shook his hand, “It’s nice to meet you as well.”

“I would have never thought our Hayoon would date anyone. I honestly thought she was going to die alone.” Joohyuk joked. “Oppa!” Hayoon pouted. Joohyuk laughed, “Let’s go inside. Our parents are waiting for you two.” He and Dareum made their way up the stairs.

“Let’s go.” Hayoon grabbed Jota’s hand and pulled him towards the stairs that led them up to the house. “I don’t think I’m ready.” Jota whispered. She giggled, “You’ll be fine.” The two of them entered the house and took off their shoes slipping into the slippers that were waiting for them. Hayoon pulled Jota towards the living room where her whole family was waiting for them.

“Took you two long enough.” Joohyuk chuckled sitting down next to Dareum. Hayoon rolled her eyes, “Haha. Very funny oppa.” “Hayoon.” Mrs. Nam called. Hayoon beamed and walked over to her mother giving her a hug. “It’s nice to hug you again.” Mrs. Nam rocked her from side to side. “Mom, this is why oppa hugs me like this.” “Do I not get a hug?” Mr. Nam chuckled.

Hayoon pulled away and smiled brightly at her father, “Of course, you do, dad.” She gave him a bear hug. “I’ve missed you.” Mr. Nam patted her back. “I’ve missed you too, dad.” Hayoon pulled back and turned to her sister, “Jihyun unnie.” Jihyun beamed, “Nam Hayoon.” She laughed and hugged her older sister. Hayoon pulled back and smiled at her family before walked over to Jota and linked arms with him. “This is Jota and he is my boyfriend, so don’t scare him anymore than oppa and Dareum did.” She sent a look to her father, who chuckled. “Hello, I am Lee Jonghwa, but please call me ‘Jota’.” He bowed.

“Please, take a seat.” Mrs. Nam smiled as Hayoon led Jota to sit. They sat down next to each other. “So, how did you and Hayoon meet? That’s a story that I’ve been dying to know since Hayoon wouldn’t tell any of us besides the fact that she was talking to someone.” Jihyun smiled. “Unnie, don’t scare him.” Hayoon scowled. “What? I’m just asking a question.” “I’m sure you’ve scared him enough, Hayoon. He’s probably just with you because you forced him to, didn’t you?” Joohyuk laughed.

Hayoon glared at her older brother, “Nam Joohyuk.” “Don’t drop the honorifics.” Joohyuk wagged a finger in the air. “Stop teasing your sister. She brought her boyfriend here to introduce us.” Mrs. Nam scolded her two oldest children. “Yes.” Jihyun and Joohyuk nodded.

“So, tell us, where do you go to school?” Mr. Nam asked with a fatherly smile. “I go to Yonsei University. I major in business management.” Jota replied. Mr. Nam and Joohyuk nodded. “What are you going to do with that?” Joohyuk asked. “Well, I got an internship this fall at a company, so I’m hoping that it will turn into a full-time position.” Jota answered.

“How much do you like Hayoon noona?” Dareum asked. “Dareum.” Hayoon scowled. Jota chuckled, “I like her a lot. Maybe a little too much.” “Hayoon also said that you do judo, am I correct?” Mr. Nam asked. Jota nodded, “Yes sir.” “How good are you?” He raised a brow. “Dad, I told you not to ask him.” Hayoon pouted.

Mr. Nam chuckled, “Sorry, I forgot. No need to answer that question. I was just curious since I did judo as well in my younger days.” “Ah, Hayoon told me about that. I’m not that good, but I can say that I am decent enough.” Jota smiled. Hayoon shook her head, “He’s lying. He’s amazing at judo. He’s up in the top of the country.”

“Wow.” Dareum gasped, “You’re that good?!” Jota chuckled nervously, “You can say that.” “Then you must be really good.” Mr. Nam nodded in admiration. “I wouldn’t know anything about that.” Joohyuk grinned. “Oppa is lazy, so he didn’t pay much attention to judo when dad taught him.” Hayoon clicked her tongue. “Hey, Nam Hayoon, don’t go telling business to everyone.” Joohyuk narrowed his eyes at her. Hayoon stuck out her tongue playfully.

“Hayoon isn’t wrong there. You were never the brightest when it came to judo.” Mr. Nam joked. “Dad, you can’t take sides on this.” Joohyuk frowned. “We’re here to talk about Jota not the two of you.” Mrs. Nam chimed in. “Thanks mom.” Hayoon sent her mother a grateful smile. “Oppa, you talk a little too much. Tone it down a bit.” Jihyun patted his shoulder. Joohyuk huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, “Fine.”

“Sorry, you had to see that.” Hayoon apologized wrinking her nose. Jota chuckled, “No, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter