Phase One: Complete

The Final Mission - Yongguk

Reaching the lobby, Yongguk stepped out of the elevator and kept his head down as his hand slipped into his pocket. Running his fingers over the smooth side of the keys and then over the individually cut keys and feeling every dip and cut in each and every key in his pocket. Making his way outside, he moved down the street to his new apartment for this job. Navigating the streets with ease, he crossed a few streets and walked a few blocks before he arrived at the building before him.

Stepping into the lobby, he checked in as they showed him to his apartment. Sliding the key into the dead lock, he turned the key and twisted the handle as the door opened with ease. The darkened apartment welcomed him home as the scent of fresh wood and a slight flower scent hung in the air while he closed the door behind him. Flipping on a few lights, he ventured through his new place, reaching the study, he the computer and placed his briefcase on the desk.

Moving into the kitchen, he opened the fridge to see it fully stocked with all sorts of food. Grabbing just a snack from the door, he twisted open a bottle of water and ate his snack while his eyes fell through the large windows and onto the city lights. A certain building caught his interest as he moved around the peninsula in the kitchen and over to the large window. Focusing on one of the tallest buildings in the city, he read the letters across the glass a few floors from the top.

Wu-Tsui Law Firm

A smile curled on his lips as he moved to his study and pulled the chair out from under the desk. Moving his fingers to the correct placement on the keys, one key read his fingerprint granting him access to the computer. With the glow of his computer illuminating his face, he logged into a few databases digging up new and interesting information. Reading general articles about the company and then other articles about you and your bosses success.

Hours ticked away as your name continued to rattle around in his head. The way that you sat at that desk with your legs crossed, the pure taste of the tea that your served, your handwriting, your polite manners and just your ore. Digging into more of your backstory, he began to read about your high school days that lead up to college. Internships and several jobs later before you landed the job that you were destined to do. Reading more and more, he continued to read and research throughout the night. Knowing you were the key to Mr. Tsui and the mission he was assigned.

A few days passed to add up to a week, sitting at your desk and putting together files for an upcoming court case, you turned to your computer to look up a little more information. Pushing some hair out of your eyes, you tucked the strands of fallen hair behind your ear before you heard footsteps come onto the bamboo floor of the office. Lifting your eyes to the person that walked through the opening of the half glass, half wood walls.

“Good morning” Yongguk greeted, a smile forming on his lips while he held out a beautiful arrangement of spring flowers.

“Good morning” You turned your attention to him and twisted yourself in your chair as your eyes lowered from his smile to the flowers he grasped. “How may I help you Mr. Bang?”

Watching his tongue move over his teeth and then run over his lips, he slowly approached your desk.

“First off, the flowers are for you, since your office needs some color” Yongguk held out the flowers as you smiled and reached out to grab the flowers. Bringing the bouquet of flowers closer to you, tipping your head down, the top of your nose smelled the sweet scent of the flowers.

“They’re beautiful, thank you” Your eyes fluttered up to meet Yongguk’s again, your heart fluttering slightly at the simple but beautiful gesture.

“You’re very welcome” He smiled and rested his hand on the chair that sat in front of your desk. “I do have a few questions concerning the packet that I looked over for being in a partnership and or merging with your company.” Yongguk transitioned subjects smoothly.

“What questions do you have?” You questioned, leaning towards him as he smiled and pulled out his tablet and tapped a few things before he turned the tablet to face you once the document was pulled up.

“There was just a few blank spaces and some numbers that didn’t check out. I was wondering if it was a typo or if something should be inputted there.” Yongguk explained as you carefully took the tablet and scrolled to see his highlighted parts.

“Let me double check those numbers really quickly” You sit back for a moment and turn yourself in your swivel chair to face your computer.

Getting onto the database, you typed and clicked a few times to get into the financial office of the whole company. Being the secretary for the CEO did have its perks and one of them being able to search the whole company’s different departments from the safety of your chair.

“I can print you off a spreadsheet or I can send you a new document. If you choose the new document, then you would be able to have it by tonight, but I could give you the spreadsheet right now.” You offered him two options.

“May I have the spreadsheet please?” Yongguk answered after a little moment of pondering.

“Sure, just give me a few minutes to print it out” You smiled and located the correct document. Checking over the numbers for a third time, you choose a printer and formatted the document to how you would like it.

“I’ll go get that document for you” You stood upright as you smiled while you rounded your desk and headed down the hall towards the communal printer for your floor.

Keeping his eyes on you, he smiled as you walked past him, once you passed him, he quickly switched tabs on his tablet and got right to work with the cameras in the office. Recording the tape, he replayed it over and over as he watched the little red button on the top of the camera turned blue. Smiling to himself. He moved around the desk and placed his hands on the keyboard. Slipping in a flash drive, he transferred the files he needed through copies as they quickly burned onto the flash drive. Checking his watch, he knew that it had been a minute or two and that you were expected to back anytime.

With the transfer reading one hundred percent. Yongguk ejected the flash drive and walked around to the other side of the desk and sat back in his chair. Clearing the program from his tablet and resuming the filming of the cameras in the office, he heard your heels click against the bamboo floors as he slowly turned his head as you walked past him.

“Here you are, anything I can help you with today?” You questioned as you stood next to Yongguk, while he looked over the documents.

Just as Yongguk was about to answer when the large doors opened behind you, turning around, you bowed seeing Mr. Tsui in the doorway, looking between you and Yongguk.

“What a coincidence, I was just going to ask Ms. _______ to call you into my office.” Mr. Tsui left the door opened as he approached the two of you. Yongguk rose to his feet and bowed to the higher power.

Once he approached, his hands slid into his pockets as Mr. Tsui glanced at you and then Yongguk and back to you. “Since you are working on merging the two companies, I would love for Ms. ______ to show you around so you can get a feel of how we do things here. If that all goes well, I may have you on a few projects with me just to make sure that the transition between companies is smooth”

“Of course, sir” You bowed and agreed to the terms

“Thank you, sir. I can comply with that request” Yongguk intelligently replied.

“It’s settled then” Mr. Tsui clapped his hands together in front of him once he pulled his hands out of his pockets.  “Tomorrow we will show you around and then we can talk about how the merge will go.”

“Thank you, sir. That will give our company a little more time to settle the negotiations on our end as well.” Yongguk bowed “DLA Piper Lawfirm will have their final offer by tomorrow’s meeting.”

“I’ll bring my offer to the table as well” Mr. Tsui bowed back as he gave you a look knowing that it would be another task added on to your list of things to do.

“Thank you for coming by today” Mr. Tsui smiled as Yongguk smiled

“It is my pleasure, I just needed to get a few documents to finalize the offer” Yongguk showed him the stack of papers that you gave him as Mr. Tsui smiled and nodded.

“Very good” Mr. Tsui gave Yongguk a soft smile before you grabbed the file of a case off of your desk. Mr. Tsui bowed to the two of you as you cleared your throat, for a moment Mr. Tsui paused and you offered him the folder for his next case.

“Everything you need should be in there” You told him as he slipped the folder from your grip and nodded. He offered a soft thank you before he turned fully and closed his office door behind him.

Letting out a struggled breath, Yongguk turned and looked at you before you headed back to your desk to clean up a bit.

“Everything okay?” Yongguk turns around slowly, staying in his place while you rested your hands atop of your desk.

“Yeah, just more work to do” You replied quietly, Yongguk took a small step towards you seeing the smile melt from your lips.

“_______ make sure that you show him how to do some of the basic office procedures and rules and regulations for the company” Mr. Tsui called over the phone’s speaker system. Pressing the button, you answered him in agreement as you began to clear your desk.

Yongguk looked at his watch as his eyebrows slowly knit together as he watched you put the papers into piles and slowly file them away in large locked file cabinets behind you.

“It’s about lunch time, do you mind if I grab something to eat then you can show me around?” Yongguk lowered his hands as you kept your eyes down.

“I’ll be right here, when you are done you can come back and we can go on the tour” You told him, your eyes lifting up from the paperwork for a moment.

“You aren’t going to take a lunch break?” He questioned, his head tipping to one side as he felt his stomach ache with hunger.

“I can’t I have too much to do in a short time” You told him, your eyes slowly lifting up to meet his.

“If you can’t take a lunch break, do you mind if I bring you some lunch?” He questioned kindly, his voice was soft and gentle yet still in the natural deep tones of his voice.

Thinking it over, you could tell by the way that he looked into your eyes that he was going to bring you back some thing, your choice or not.

“I can pay you back for it” You offered as you began to lean down and pull at one of the desk drawers to get to your purse.

“Don’t worry, this lunch is on me” Raising a hand to his chest, he patted it gently as you read his body language.

“If you insist” You shyly replied, “Thank you”

“You’re welcome” Yongguk gave you a soft smile, “What are you in the mood for?”

Giving him your request for lunch and an alternative in case the cafeteria was all out, he wrote it down. Explaining where the cafeteria is, he gathered all of the information he needed for the journey and headed down to the lobby floor.