Proposal

The Final Mission - Yongguk

After a long, sleepless night, Yongguk gathered all of his documents into a black folder, tucking the folder into his briefcase the snaps closed and he walked out of his office. Slipping on his shoes, he turned and looked at his reflection in one of the large windows. The white button down reflected in the window around the black vest and slacks that he wore, the black tie matched swimmingly with his attire as the briefcase added some class. With his belt matching his shoes in a light charcoal grey, he headed out the door making sure his phone and keys were in his pocket.

Walking to work, he took a deep breath, feeling butterflies swimming around his stomach in nervousness. Just as he was a block or two away from the entrance of the Wu-Tsui Law Firm, a familiar ebony car caught his eye as he passed by a gap between buildings. Slowly stopping in his tracks, his phone vibrated in his pocket. Slipping his hand into his coat pocket, he pulled out the sleek phone and pressed his thumb against the button on the bottom of the phone. Unlocking the phone with his fingerprint, he saw a new message at the top of his screen, pressing his thumb against the glass a time or two, he opened the message as his eyes scanned over the words that were sent to him. Seeing an unknown number at the top of the screen, a familiar yet sickening feeling settled in the pit of his stomach.

Raising his eyes slowly, he glanced over between the space between the buildings, seeing a soft cloud of smoke rise from the crack in the driver’s side window Yongguk knew exactly who was watching him. The man sitting behind the wheel slowly tipped his hat to Yongguk, giving a nod back, Yongguk slid his phone back into his pocket and took a deep breath knowing that he had eyes watching his every move, waiting for him to slip up slightly before they could take him out.

An anxiousness began to build in his chest, looking from one side of the street to the other, he saw his comrades placed meticulously around the area. A new identity was given to each one, as Yongguk began to breath slightly shallow while he counted at least a dozen familiar faces before stepping into the lobby.

“Good morning, Yongguk” You greeted cheerfully, your eyes slowly moved over his approaching form.

“Morning” Yongguk greeted back, yet his voice sounded slightly stressed compared to other greetings that he had given you over the days.

“You’re a little early to your meeting” You let your eyes raise from the watch that hung slightly loose around your wrist.

“I know, I would rather be early than late” Yongguk replied before clearing his throat, one hand reached up and slightly pulled at his tie in nervousness.

“May I get you something before you go into the meeting?” You questioned, standing from your seat as the nervousness of Yongguk became more and more prominent.

“Maybe some water?” He replied softly as you nodded your head and moved around him to get to the small refrigerator that was underneath a counter in a small kitchen you had for the guests.

Pulling out a chilled water bottle, you walked back over to him and offered the drink to him. Observing the beads of sweat start to cause his skin to gloss and shine, you gave him a confident smile.

“Don’t worry too much, I’m sure you two will pound out the details and everything will work out just like it is supposed to” You tried to reassure as he placed his briefcase down by his feet and twisted off the cap to the water bottle in his grasp.

“Has he ever turned down an offer before?” Yongguk questioned after taking a small sip

“He has, but he wouldn’t have gone through all of this trouble for you to come back multiple times if he didn’t see profit or a future in this merge” You told him, seeing it time and time again.

“Whenever Mr. Bang comes in, send him into my office” Mr. Tsui called over the intercom that rested on your desk.

“Don’t be nervous, deep breath” You smiled, patting his arm before going over to your desk and depressing a button on the intercom to reply, “Yes, sir”

Letting your finger off of the button, your eyes slowly lifted back to Yongguk, watching his hands start to shake, you moved over to him and caught his eyes with yours. Gently lifting your hands, you slid his disheveled tie back up against the collar of his white shirt.

“You will be just fine, just stick to your guns and think logically” You tried to give him a little pep talk before you stepped back, his eyes continuing to peer into yours.

“Thank you” Yongguk bowed to you before you headed to the large doors of Mr. Tsui’s office.

Following behind you, Yongguk took small steps, giving him time to run over the proposal in his mind. Nodding his head gently, you opened the door and stepped inside. Giving Mr. Tsui a greeting and introducing Yongguk, you stepped aside, holding the door for him as the nervous Yongguk stepped inside.

“Thank you for meeting with me, Mr. Tsui” Yongguk bowed once inside

“You’re most welcome, please have a seat” Mr. Tsui stood from his desk and slowly made his way around to the sitting area in front of his desk.

“If you need anything let me know, sir” You bowed as you gave Yongguk a soft wink while Mr. Tsui wasn’t looking.

“Thank you” Mr. Tsui spoke as he let out a soft sigh while sitting down on the soft chair.

Bowing to them both, you carefully backed out of the room and closed the door quietly. Turning around, you slowly padded to your desk, your mind wanting to stay in that room to hear the conversation between the two. Sitting at your desk, you slowly filed through your work for the day, your mind wondering to what they would be talking about inside of that room. The of your pen gently tapped against your chin while your eyes stayed on the tall wooden doors. Catching yourself drifting off in thought, you pulled yourself together and began to work once more while keeping an eye on the time.

An hour, then two slipped by still not hearing or seeing any movement from your desk, you sighed softly slipping another file into the cabinet. Moving to your computer, your fingers gently rested on the keys before typing away at several emails and appointments that you were putting into his schedule.

“Ms. _______, bring in two cups of tea” You heard the familiar voice of Mr. Tsui over the intercom as you snapped your attention quickly over to the request.

“Yes sir, it will be a few minutes” You replied, standing on your heels, you walked over to the kitchenette and began to make his specialty tea. Watching the water as it warmed, your fingertips gently tapped against the countertop, your mind wondering as to what could be going on in the meeting.

Whistling of the kettle snapped you back from your thoughts. Adding the leaves, you watchfully made the tea, timing it and stirring it just right. Once you were satisfied with the product, you placed the tea pot onto a white porcelain tray, adding two small tea cups that matched the tea pot you lifted the tray up and began walking back to the office.

Standing in front of the door, you carefully leaned your ear towards the door wondering if you could catch a peep of what they were talking about. With the door being too thick, you only heard a soft mumble, moving the tray from both hands to one, you carefully reached up and knocked on the dense wood. The talking ceased on the other side as you heard Mr. Tsui call for you to come in. Pushing the door open, you bowed to the two of them and moved to place the tray onto the coffee table in front of them.

“Do you mind staying in here a moment and taking notes?” Mr. Tsui asked politely, shaking your head that you wouldn’t mind, you placed the tray on the table and poured two cups, one for Mr. Tsui and the other for Yongguk.

After you were done with pouring them tea, you went out to your desk and grabbed a pad of paper and a pen. Coming back into the room, you closed the door behind you and took your seat to the left of Mr. Tsui and across from Yongguk.

“Thank you for the tea, it is divine” Yongguk complimented, your eyes lifted to meet his while his kind and loving smile shined towards you.

“You’re very welcome, I am glad that you like it” You quietly replied as Mr. Tsui hummed in happiness after taking a sip of the hot beverage.

Once Mr. Tsui was done with his tea, you poured him another cup before you began to write and do the accounting portion of the merger that was in the works. Another hour passed as the two of them finally settled on a price that would make both of them happy.

“It’s settled then” Mr. Tsui let his hand fall onto the armrest of the black leather armchair he was sitting in. “We will process this and send it to your company and get the funds transferred, but in the meantime, I would love for you to work with Ms. _______, she can show you everything here while I find a job opening for you.”

“Thank you, sir” Yongguk politely bowed and stood to his feet as Mr. Tsui followed suit.

Extending his hand, Mr. Tsui watched Yongguk as he smiled and slid his hand into Mr. Tsui’s, shaking firmly and agreeing with all of the terms and conditions of the deal, both men had smiles curling from ear to ear.

“There is one last thing” Mr. Tsui let his hand fall from Yongguk’s

“What is it, sir?” Yongguk questioned, his eyes brightening with a smile on his lips.

“Is it possible for you to come to the shareholders meeting so that you can represent your company under ours?” Mr. Tsui proposed, your eyes turned to Yongguk, wondering how he would take the news.

“It would be an honor” Yongguk bowed respectfully as Mr. Tsui smiled brightly.

“I will have Ms. ______ send you all of the information at a later date, but for now I thank you for coming to pound out the details. Have a wonderful rest of your day” Mr. Tsui shook Yongguk’s hand once more before you showed Yongguk to the door.

Holding open the door for him, you let him go first before slowly closing the door behind you. Moving over to your desk, you placed the pad of paper on your cleaned desk. Sliding your pen back into the holder resting on your desk, your eyes slowly lift to see Yongguk standing right where you left him.

“Yongguk?” You called to him, standing upright on your feet.

“Hrmmm?” He hummed back, snapping out of his thoughts at you calling his name,

“Is everything okay?” You probe, thinking he should be happy since the deal just went through.

“Yeah, just tired I guess” Yongguk lifted his hand and raked it gently through his fingers. “I didn’t get much sleep last night…”

“Maybe I could get you some coffee or something” You offered, wanting to repay him for the lunch he paid for the day before.

“That would be great” Yongguk sighed, a tired smile pulling on his pink lips. “Or we could both get coffee on our tour”

“Oh that’s right, we pushed it off to today, didn’t we?” You questioned, slipping the proposal into a secure drawer in your desk before grabbing your sling bag purse and placing the strap over your shoulder.

“It is okay if you can’t do it today, I understand if you are busy…” Yongguk trailed off knowing you must have a lot of pressure and duties laying on your shoulders.

“Mr. Tsui asked for me to do it and don’t worry, I can get everything done” You reassured seeing the worry strain in his beautiful brown eyes.

With a sure smile on his lips now, he lifted his hand and gestured for you to lead the way, smiling and nodding your head, you took the invitation and made your way out of the small office that you worked in.

“We’ll start on the top floor” You smiled as you reached the elevator in the hallway. Yongguk pressed the button to request the elevator. With a ding, it arrived and the doors opened. Holding open the doors, Yongguk smiled and let you go in first and following you closely after.