Shareholder’s Meeting

The Final Mission - Yongguk

Shareholders began to file through the large lobby doors, standing just beyond the doors, you guided everyone to the large meeting room on the main floor. Seeing the prestigious faces file into the room, turning your head, you saw the door open to yet another man in a suit.

“Welcome” You greeted the suited man with a bow

“Thank you, ______” Yongguk smiled, hearing your name, you looked up from your bow.

“Wow it has been a while, how have you been?” You probed, knowing that you haven’t seen him for at least a week or two.

“I’ve been busy with work at the firm, but it is almost all wrapped up now” Yongguk smiled softly, knowing more than he would ever want to tell you.

“I’m glad you are staying busy, please enjoy the meeting” You showed him to the door.

“Thank you” Yongguk smiled and bowed before entering into the meeting.

Stepping inside, Mr. Tsui stood up once everyone was seated and started the meeting. Your eyes scanned the faces, pausing for a moment on Yongguk’s handsome complexion. Letting your eyes move past him, you bowed as you were excused to sit down and take notes in the meeting. Jotting down some notes from time to time, you kept the money in check as you whispered some strategies to Mr. Tsui throughout the meeting. Feeling a pair of eyes on you, you glanced over in Yongguk’s direction yet he took in a deep breath and let out a struggled breath while adjusting in his seat. The shell of his ears tinted a bright red, showing off that he had been caught by the woman he was staring at. A smile curled on your lips as you looked back down at your notes.

“Next order of business, the budget” Mr. Tsui shifted the meeting as everyone shifted in their seats.

“From the bank standpoint, the Wu-Tsui Law Firm doesn’t have any more funds” The banker remarked from his spot around the long rectangular tangle.

Shock struck your chest as you knew that the firm was going down, but you didn’t think that it was this bad.

“As I see it, the merger can’t happen” Another voice from around the table voiced their concerns. Fear began to tighten your chest.

“Then how long do we have?” Yet another voice questioned

“A month maximum” The banker replied, feeling your heart beat faster seeing the end sooner than you expected.

Whispers quickly filled the room as your eyes moved around the table and landed on Yongguk. Seeing the fear and uncertainty in your eyes, he stood up and cleared his throat. Grabbing his things, he bowed to everyone in the room before making his way over to Mr. Tsui. Sliding a paper across the desk and bowing afterwards, he nodded his head to you and left the room.

“Quiet please!” Mr. Tsui called into the room, a few other voices chimed in getting the room to quiet down just after the door quietly closed after Yongguk’s exit.

“We just have gotten a generous donation” Mr. Tsui announced, carefully handing over the check to the Banker.

Whispers quickly followed as Mr. Tsui and the Banker talked for a few seconds before the Banker stood to his feet.

“With this money we have just received, we are able to stay afloat for the next year possibly longer” The Banker announced.

Your jaw dropped in awe, only knowing the ballpark of the amount that must have been written on that check. Knowing that Yongguk just saved the Wu-Tsui Law Firm single handedly, you felt something spark in the pit of your stomach, thinking that you should find him and thank him at least for the things that he did for you.

Hours passed as the meeting winded down, with all of the shares now in different holder’s hands and the merger of the company had been announced and voted on. With the merger of the company agreed upon by all the stock holders and partners of the company, every item was checked off of the agenda. Standing up, you opened the doors after the close of the meeting and watched as the shareholders file out of the room. Thanking them and being polite as they left, you smiled and bid them a good day before the familiar face stood in front of you again.

“I-I thought you left” You stammered, stunned to see Yongguk standing in front of you after he had left a few hours prior.

“I wanted to make sure that you didn’t need any more help” Yongguk smiled softly as the elderly men continued to file out of the conference room.

“Thank you” You looked into his eyes, “Thank you for the check and what you did for this company as well” You started to list off everything that you wanted to extend your gratitude towards him.

Yongguk placed his hand on your arm, halting your mind from saying anymore words, “You are so welcome, really it was the least I could do”

“Thank you Yongguk” You whispered with a heart full of thanks, nodding his head in acceptance, he smiled and rubbed your arm gently.

Removing his hand, he smiled at you and turned around making his leave. About half way between you and the large entry doors in the lobby, Yongguk turned around and rose one of his hands to wave at you. Waving back to him, you smiled softly before he turned back around and headed out the large lobby doors. Letting your eyes follow him, he slipped into the back of a black car before the car pulled away from the building.

Returning your eyes to the conference room, Mr. Tsui exited the room.

“I’m going to head home for a day or two. Forward my calls and messages” Mr. Tsui asked as you nodded and bowed to him. Escorting him to the doors, his driver helped him into his car. Watching from behind the doors, he waved at you while his car pulled away from the curb.

Now with everyone gone, you turned back around and proceeded to head up to the office to go over the notes from the meeting. The clicking of your heels with every step echoed through the quiet lobby, the occasional ring of a phone bounced off of the empty walls.