Change of Plans

The Final Mission - Yongguk

Three suited men surrounded you, letting them walk first, two suited men went in front of you as one followed behind you. Minding your own business, you kept your eyes down before the two men in front of you stopped. Stopping in your tracks, your eyes lifted from the paperwork tucked in between your arms.

“Excuse me” You stepped up onto the next stair hoping that they would move out of your way and continue to talk. Yet they just turned around and looked down at you.

“May I go ahead of you?” You questioned as their eyes began to burn into yours. One of them lifting their hand up to their ear, wondering if they were some sort of security, you began to reach for your badge.

“No, miss, you are coming with us” The man behind you spoke

“W-Why?” You stammered looking back at the man behind you

“Please comply with us” Another man said as they gestured for you to head back down the stairs.

“Who do you work for?” You questioned, not moving until they answered at least one of your questions.

“We aren’t authorized to tell you that information” The third man answered

“If you don’t tell me who you work for, I’m not leaving with you” You stood your ground, preparing to make your escape if necessary.

The three men looked at each other, knowing that they couldn’t leak the name of their boss, yet they needed for you to leave with them.

“Bang Yongguk sent us to get you, he wants to meet with you at his office” The youngest of the three guards answered, soft hissing from the other two sounded soon after as you looked up at the youngest man.

“Did he say what this was about?” You questioned curiously.

“He told us that it was a private matter and we aren’t at liberty to say” Another man added

Nodding your head, the men showed you down the stairway, staying around you the four of you headed out the back way to a parked car. One of the men unlocked the car and slid behind the wheel, turning the key the engine hummed as another man opened the back door for you. Letting you sit in first, a man followed you and sat in the back with you while the third man closed the door behind the two of you and moved into the passenger seat before the car shifted gears and glided down the road.

Miles tacked onto miles, the cars passing through the city began to dwindle as the traffic faded and the tall buildings turned into wide open spaces.

“W-Where is Yongguk’s office?” You questioned noticing that you were heading towards the old abandoned factory along the outskirts of city limits.

“We are getting close, just a few more minutes” The driver answered as your eyes returned out the window.

Rounding a corner of the winding road, the asphalt turned to dirt as the speed of the car decreased and the old abandoned factory came into view once again. Moving your hands to your lap, an unsettling feeling rooted itself in your gut, your heart rate increased. Feeling the car slow to a stop, the dust coated the shine of the ebony car before the two suited men in front got out and opened your door for you. Another man, offered his hand to you, getting out by yourself, you took your time and soaked in your surroundings.

Scaling the building with your eyes, the rusted, tinted broken glass welcomed you. The smell of rusted metal, stagnant water and dust coated your senses.

“Let’s wait for him inside” The oldest man said as he looped his arm around yours.

The three men escorted you inside, stepping through a broken in door, the musty smell of wet concrete overwhelmed you while the chill of the damp area caused your skin to crawl. Following them up a flight or two of stairs, they brought you into a large room. Making your way hesitantly closer to the middle of the room, figures in the shadows began to slowly move causing you to go on edge.

“Don’t be scared” A deep voiced echoed through the empty room.

Snapping your head around, you focused on a metal desk and a chair that slowly turned around. A man sat in the chair as he let out a puff of smoke from his lips. His left hand holding onto his cigarette that still smoked.

“Aren’t you a beautiful woman” He smiled, lifting his right hand, he offered you the single chair in front of his desk.

“I’m fine standing, thank you for the offer” You politely declined as the men next to you closed in on you. The elderly man growled under his breath while his eyes turned dark.

“Sit” The elderly man ordered, the men around you wrapped their arms around you and moved you into the chair. A man behind you pushed down on you, with the force of his muscles your knees buckled as you crashed down to the chair below.

“Tie her up” The man behind the desk whispered to the man standing quietly next to him.

“Why?” You questioned, “I’m here to see Yongguk, he’s expecting me”

“I can assure you he isn’t, you’re here to see me” The boss chuckled while the men around you began to wrap rope around you.

Starting to struggle, you fought the men off of you, however, the more you fought the harder they held you down. With much effort they tied you down and held you in that chair as you waited for Yongguk to arrive.

“Why are you doing this?” You questioned through a shaking voice

“Yongguk didn’t follow orders” The elderly man stood up from his desk and balanced on his cane

“So why are you punishing me?” You probed

“The only way to break a man is to hurt something that he loves” The elderly man reasoned with you

“He doesn’t love me” You told him honestly

“Oh?” The elderly man hummed “We will have to test that then”

“W-What do you mean test?” You leaned forward pulling on the restraints trying to read his eyes.

Just as the elderly man was about to speak, groaning of hinges echoed through the abandoned textile room.

“Oh look who showed up” The elderly man brightened

“Boss” A familiar voice carried through the stale air.

“We were just talking about you” The elderly man, who you assumed was the Boss.

“The job is finished” His echoing footsteps began to get louder as he approached you

“Not quite” The Boss chuckled, leaning against the front of his desk with a smile playing on his lips. “I do have a surprise for you.”

“I finished the mission though” Yongguk defended

“Meet _______ ____. I believe the two of you already know each other” The boss smiled as Yongguk’s eyes moved over to you. Widening at the sight of you tied up in the chair before him, he pushed back his shoulders and took in a deep breath.