Denial

The Final Mission - Yongguk

“I don’t know this woman” Yongguk announced as the shadows from the perimeter began to close in.

“I’m pretty sure… she works at your office that your mission was at, the two of you talked a lot, got coffee together and she even slept over at your place” The Boss announced causing your cheeks to burn a deep red.

Your eyes turned to Yongguk as his eyes continued to stare straight ahead.

“I do not know this woman” Yongguk replied once again. The Boss stood up and moved past Yongguk to you. Lifting up his cane, your eyes closed as he swung his cane across your head.

The hollow sound of his cane hitting your head echoed through the walls. Pain throbbed in your head as tears slowly started to fall onto your dust coated dress.

“You sure you don’t know her? I’m sure she remembers you” The boss smiled and hit you across the head the other way.

“Why didn’t you do as I asked?” The boss turned his questions towards Yongguk, allowing one of the other guys to move over to you to punish you.

“I did” Yongguk replied, his eyes staying forward and unmoving.

“The company was supposed to fall, yet it is stronger than ever now, all due to you” The Boss snarled, pushing his coat back, he let the dusk light reflect across the dagger that was fastened to his hip.

“I just followed orders” Yongguk replied as the Boss took one step towards him and grasped the fabric of Yongguk’s shirt, pulling their bodies close together.

“Now the protocol will follow” The Boss snarled, snapping his fingers, you watched as the large man slowly approached you. Rolling up the sleeve to his right hand, he curled his fingers into a firm fist as you looked up into his dangerously dark eyes.

“I’ll take the punishment” Yongguk announced as you looked over at Yongguk, his head slightly turning towards you, “She didn’t do anything wrong.”

“She did actually, reeling you in to feeling, to falling in love” The boss turned his gaze to you as you dropped your head slowly, moving your feet back and under you. You tensed your muscles, bracing for the beating that was to come.

“I fell for her, that was my mistake.” Yongguk started, “I couldn’t take down the company because of her, of all of the long hours she put into the company, all of the hard work and the sleepless nights that she has had. It wasn’t fair to her.”

His eyes were fixated on you, slowly opening your eyes, you turned your head to see his eyes softly watching you.

“So you would risk your life just to save the company that she worked for?” The Boss questioned, “Even though that company was destined to fall from the beginning?”

“I would risk my life for her” Yongguk turned his gaze to the Boss.

“Then she reeled you in deeper than I first anticipated” The Boss let Yongguk’s collar go as he nodded his head.

Two men quickly grabbed Yongguk and forced him down into a seat.

“Please continue, Crusher” The Boss smiled as he watched Yongguk as Crusher recoiled his fist.

Closing your eyes tightly, you felt a pain hit your stomach. Biting your bottom lip, you tried to silence your whines as your body fell forward. The sound of wood legs of a chair clambering against the concrete floor echoed through the old building. Feeling the hard fist hit you repeatedly like a punching bag, a slap across each cheek, you heard the faint call to stop a moment. A hand was suddenly in your hair and lifted your head up to show the damage that had been done.

Slowly, a thick warm liquid ran down from your head, your lips slightly the iron taste of blood resonated in your mouth and the back of your throat.

“Please, let me take it” Yongguk screamed, slowly opening your swollen eyes, you saw him struggling against the men trying to hold him in his seat.

“You had your chance” The Boss looked over his shoulder at Yongguk, “But don’t worry, your punishment will be far worse”

The sound of tires on the gravel caused everyone to go on alert. The Boss quickly called over a few groups of guys to go check it out. With only a dozen of men still in the room, you watched Yongguk, trying to breathe through what you figured to be bruised ribs.

“What if we do a little bet?” Yongguk questioned watching Crusher go over to a pile of metal poles, only imagining what he would do to you next.

“I’m listening” The Boss said, always intrigued when something more was added to the table.

“You and I, boxing fight. If I win, you let us go. If you win, you can kill me.” Yongguk posed as your heart dropped to your stomach.

“Hrmmm” The Boss hummed in thought, “Instead of me killing you, I’ll torture you until your death, sound good?”

“Deal” Yongguk stuck out his hand as the Boss quickly moved their hands into one another. Shaking on it, the men quickly moved into position, creating a fighting ring. Moving you to the edge so that you can see, the two guys went to separate corners.

Removing his shirt and throwing it aside, Yongguk wrapped his hands and wrists in tape before he walked over to you. Reaching you, you caught the belt loop of his pants with your tied hand.

“You don’t have to do this” You whispered once he looked back to find what was holding him back

“I do” Yongguk whispered back as he turned around and saw the fear in your eyes. “Don’t worry, I won’t let you down.”

Raising one of his hands up, he brushed some hair away from your eyes and tucked it behind your ear, “I’ll get you out of here”