Betting on You

The Final Mission - Yongguk

Standing back to his feet, he moved into the center of the ring, stretching and warming up his muscles slightly, he watched as his Boss moved into the middle with him. With one of the guys as referee, they started the fight with a wave of their hand. Watching as they moved back and forth, throwing punches and kicks at one another, it reminded you of the UFC cage fighting matches. Painful blows to their toned bodies while their passion and determination drove every action.

In one swift move, Yongguk was quickly on the ground and getting a beating from the small Boss that sat atop of him. Holding his arms and trying to deflect the punches to his face, he thought on his feet and wrapped his legs around the small body. Twisting his body around, Yongguk switched positions and was quickly on top of the Boss. Not leaving any part of his body untouched, Yongguk muttered words under his breath before the body below him started to relax.

The referee quickly broke the two of them apart as Yongguk stepped back and watched as the referee checked for breathing and a pulse. Standing up, the referee walked over to Yongguk and held up his hand, declaring him the winner of the match.

Taking deep breaths, the crowd quickly moved from around you and went to help their leader that was out cold on the concrete. Making his way through the crowd, the bruised and battered Yongguk stood in front of you. Carefully kneeling down in front of you, he began to untie your trembling hands, with one done, he let you untie your other hand as he worked on your feet and the knot behind your back.

Once you were untied, he untangled you from the ropes from you. Standing in front of you, he offered you his hands to help you up. Slipping your hands into his, he helped you stand on your wobbly legs.

“Do you think you can walk out of here?” Yongguk questioned seeing how your body contorted to try and find some comfort around the pain.

“What other choice do I have?” You asked, half joking while lifting your eyes up to his.

“Let’s get out of here” Yongguk smiled as he wrapped his arm around your waist, his other hand steadying your shoulder as he walked over and gathered his clothes from the ground.

Slipping his arms back through the sleeves of his button up, he let the shirt hang open as he wrapped his arms around you again. Looking back over his shoulder, he watched as his gang carried their Boss over to a table and began to process of trying to wake him up.

“Are you going to be in trouble?” You questioned bringing his attention back to you

“They may come after me later” Yongguk shrugged his shoulders still knowing he was part of their brotherhood.

“I-I don’t want to get you in trouble” You stopped in your tracks, wondering if he wanted to stay

“This is my choice, it is time for me to make my own path and my own future” Yongguk reassured you, letting you go first through the broken in door, he walked with you down to the gravel parking lot.

Unlocking his car, he opened your door for you and helped you sit inside. Grabbing a blanket for you, he laid the fabric over your exposed legs before closing the door and heading around to the driver’s side. Sliding behind the wheel, Yongguk slid the key into the ignition and turned the key while glancing over at you.

“Would you like me to drop you off at your place?” Yongguk questioned as he began to drive down the dirt driveway.

“Are you going to be okay heading back to your place alone?” You whispered back with a question, your head resting against the headrest behind you.

“I’ll manage” Yongguk turned his head and smiled. His right hand resting on the console that separated the two of you. Your eyes dropped down to his bloodied hand, with the tape removed, you could see the bruises that were beginning to surface.

A thought came to mind as you bit your busted lip softly, lifting your hand from underneath the soft blanket that laid across your legs, you cautiously moved your hand over his. Holding your breath, your fingers slowly tightened around his hand, keeping your eyes down, you heard his breath hitch slightly. Quickly your thoughts turned to doubt as you loosened your grip, wanting to take your hand away.

Yongguk felt the release of pressure as he adjusted his hand to capture yours better. Holding your hand, his grip was secure, never wanting to let it go. Lifting your eyes to his, he smiled and slowly brought your conjoined hands up and pressed his battered yet soft lips against the skin on the back of your hand.

“Whatever you do” Yongguk paused, his thumb running over your skin, “Don’t let go ‘cause I won’t ever stop fighting for you.”

“Don’t worry, I’m not planning on letting go anytime soon” You smiled and relaxed as his hand slowly massaged yours while his other hand sat securely atop of the steering wheel.

“Would you still like to go back to your place or mine?” He questioned reaching the city limits.

“Yours if that is okay…” You glanced back over at his figure

“I was hoping you would choose that” Yongguk smirked and winked at you.