Lunch Date

The Final Mission - Yongguk

After watching the elevator doors close, you focused on your paperwork yet your heart pounded inside your chest. Taking a few deep breaths, your mind slowly wondered to his facial features, his deep brown eyes that were filled with love and compassion, the way he looked in a form fitting suit, how he walked and his hair perfectly styled atop his head.

Little did you know, downstairs in the cafeteria Yongguk was letting his mind wonder to you. After ordering your food and his, he waited for the meals to be made as he stood to the side and replayed his meetings with you. How beautiful you were when you sat behind the desk, how your hair framed your face, the way your smile made butterflies appear in his stomach and his cool and confident composure vanished whenever you were around.

Hearing his name being called, Yongguk snapped himself out of his thoughts and paid for both meals. Heading back up to you, he smiled and smelled the wonderful food he was carrying. The ding of the elevator sounded when he arrived at the desired level of the building.

Finding you sitting behind your desk, a pen wiggling in your hand while you worked on writing something on your desk. Padding into the office, Yongguk softly cleared his throat, capturing your attention, you lifted your head and smelled the whiff of food.

“Lunchtime” Yongguk sang happily as he walked over to the couch and placed the single tray of food on the coffee table before him.

Waiting for you, he remained standing as you stood up from your desk and made your way over to the leather couch that sat against the wall in the same large room as your desk was.

“Thank you” You squeaked softly as you eased yourself onto the leather couch below.

“You’re very welcome, eat well” Yongguk slowly eased himself down onto the couch next to you as he moved his food off of the tray and slid your food and the tray closer to you.

Opening the lid of the clear container, the enticing smell of food rose until it hit your nose. The heavenly scent of food grumbled your stomach. Reaching over and grabbing an appropriate utensil for your dish that you ordered. You stirred it around slightly, letting the food slowly cool. Glancing over, you saw what he was eating as you tried to contain your smile, seeing that your dishes were the exact same.

Lifting a bite up to your lips, you gently blew on the food before slipping it between your glossed over lips. A soft hum escaped your lips while you chewed happily until swallowing. Bite after bite, the two of you ate quietly with soft hums spilling from your lips and his at how delicious the food was.

Sipping some water afterwards, you sat back and gently slipped your aching feet from your heels. With your back against the comfy cushions on the couch. You crossed your arms over your stomach as Yongguk finished his meal and moved back as well. Placing the finished bowls and utensils onto the tray, he turned his head slightly, out of the corner of his eyes, he smiled seeing that your eyes were closed. Standing up quietly, he sorted through the containers on the tray, recycling what he could. Placing the tray above the trash can, he headed back to you.

With your head lulled to one side, your eyes closed and your lips slightly parted, to Yongguk you couldn’t have looked cuter. Walking back over to the couch, Yongguk slowly eased himself down next to you, seeing the slightly darkened circles under your eyes, his heart began to see a glimpse of how hard you work.

Slipping off his suit coat, he laid it over your figure, letting you sleep for a half an hour before he promised himself that he would wake you up. Looking over the notes that you had printed out for him earlier, he formed some questions for you and wrote them down while keeping the time on your nap. Watching out for any incoming clients as well as Mr. Tsui, he smiled seeing you sleep so peacefully next to him.

Once the half an hour had passed, he turned towards you and gently shook your shoulder, calling your name quietly, you woke up after a few shakes. Slightly disoriented you became increasingly worried as you sat upright quickly, the jacket fell from your shoulders and folded in your lap.

“You just took a little nap after lunch” Yongguk whispered trying not to startle you further.

“Did anyone come or Mr. Tsui need anything?” You asked gently as Yongguk shook his head from side to side giving you your answer.

“Thank goodness” You whispered under your breath as you looked around, reorienting yourself. Checking the time on your watch that loosely hung around your wrist, you sighed out of relief that you didn’t sleep for too long.

“We can do the tour tomorrow if you are too swamped with other paperwork today, we can do it after we sign and agree on the merger.” Yongguk saw your tired eyes as he watched your thoughts wonder over to all of the work still piled on your desk.

“You wouldn’t mind?” You turned your eyes to his as you looked over hopefully

“Not at all, I have to finish writing up the proposal anyways” Yongguk reassured you, coupled with a soft smile, you nodded.

“After your meeting we can do the tour” You smiled with a nod

“Sounds good to me” He agreed and stood up, following suit, you stood up as well.

“Thank you for lunch” You handed him back his jacket.

“You’re very welcome, we might have to get some coffee for you to stay awake next time” Teasing you slightly, you giggled and nodded.

“I could agree to that” You smiled and left him hanging giving him a vague answer. With a nod and a smile on his lips, he grabbed his briefcase and bowed to you.

“See you tomorrow” Yongguk smiled as he stood upright

“See you tomorrow, Mr. Bang” You answered politely, bowing gently to him, he smiled and made his way out the door once you had finished your closing pleasantries.

Later that night, Yongguk surveyed his home, only wearing baggy pajama pants and a loose tank top, his thoughts running wild as he had just finished the proposal for the merger between companies to get into the shareholders meeting. Knowing that this was the first step of many to get into the meeting, he wanted to make sure that he could put his best foot forward.

Running his fingers through his hair, he walked over to one of the windows that allowed the moonlight to flood into his living room. Looking up at the bright stars and the large moon, he took in a deep breath trying to convince himself that the gang wouldn’t have put him on this assignment if he couldn’t handle it. Taking a moment to let his thoughts wind through his mind, he shook his head lightly to clear his mind before going back to his office to make sure that he did everything that he could.