003

S N O W F L A K E

 


“Why are you suddenly asked about my old notes?” Wonwoo asked, while letting the younger boy in.

“Hyung, come on. I just come and I’m soaked. Do you hate me that much because I’m gonna borrows your books?” Seokmin asked in disbelief. Wonwoo feel a bit guilty, so he off to his bedroom and comeback with towel and his dry clothes.

“Go change yourself. I’ll make some tea, and let’s discuss about it after.”

Seokmin obeyed without word and Wonwoo go to his kitchen to make some hot tea. After some minutes, they gathered at Wonwoo’s room, enjoying their hot tea.

“So, dare to tell my why are you so desperately and so suddenly need my old notes? And running all way here when it’s raining so bad outside? And where is your umbrella? Don’t tell me you forgot to bring it again.”

“Seriously Hyung you are nagging too much.” Seokmin shake his head. “Let me answer it by one by one, okay? I need your old notes and it’s so urgent so that’s why I’m running here. I’ve lost all my old notes. And the umbrella, I lend it to someone.”

“You keep losing things.” Wonwoo commented, now he is the one who shaking his head. “How can it be urgent? School just started. Are you that ambitious?”

Hear that words, Seokmin almost spilled his hot tea. He laughed hard. “No, I’m not like you.” Seokmin stuck his tongue, teasing the older boy. Wonwoo once again felt insulted – since it’s right, anyway.

“I’m not seeking for first place or whatsoever. I volunteered to help someone. That someone missed school a year and half, which mean she didn’t attend the school at all. That’s why.”

“You just volunteered?” Wonwoo asked, quite surprised. “So that’s why you discharge from basketball club?”

“Yep. I won’t be able to focus on it anymore, and I think it’s the right time to stop anyway. ‘I’ll be 3rd grader soon’.”  Seokmin laughed, copied Wonwoo’s word when he left basketball club a year ago.

Wonwoo is going along with Seokmin’s laugh. He feels kinda great to have someone to talk to and laugh together to, since it’s been a long time he locked himself to focus on studying since his college exam entrance is coming near.

“So, who is the lucky person who will receive your tutor?”

Seokmin can’t help but giggled. “Whoa, what is that? Why are you looks so happy all of sudden?”

“Ah, it’s nothing. It’s just…” Seokmin stopped, his eyes suddenly softened. He looks through the window, wandering through the heavy rain, penetrate it’s sound and his memories bring him back to a few hours later, when he ran abruptly hearing sound of rain, desperately find her just to lend her his umbrella. She was there, looked so lost and messy – already half-soaked. He sighed a heavy breath when he remembered clearly the pain that radiated from her eyes. He felt the urge to hug her, telling her that’s everything’s will be okay, but he can’t, and all he can do is leave her with his umbrella without utter a single word. His chest is now full of various feels that it could burst anytime soon.

Wonwoo silently looks at him in amusement. He never see this kind of side from Seokmin before, because all the time he knows him, Seokmin is always be the one who lift the mood and being the true happy virus.

“It’s just?” Wonwoo asked, curious of what will Seokmin said.

“It’s just I’m happy so much that I’ll finally able to help her and stop being the one who only watch her sufferings.”

***

Her mom shrieked when she saw her coming back home with slightly soaked appearance. Yuna sighed – if it weren’t because Seokmin suddenly pop out of nowhere handed her his umbrella then left just like that, maybe her mom will faint seeing how soaked she would.

“Next time, don’t forget to bring your umbrella with you, okay? Don’t ever believe today’s weather prediction again. Nowadays weather is so unpredictable so you just have to bring your umbrella everywhere, okay? And convey my thanks to the one who lend you umbrella.”

“Okay.” Yuna shortly replied, stuffed with full of rice. She knows well that her mom won’t let her passed without the story of her first school day so she stuffed a lot of food since her mom hate someone who is talking while eating.

“Mom glad you’re making friends already. I worried for nothing.” her Mom smiled, feel proud. Yuna just nodded, it’s better let her Mom think whatever she wants to instead of telling her truth and waste her whole day worrying her own daughter.

“So how is it? Was it great? Did it exceed your expectation?”

“Yes.” Yuna shortly replied and once again stuffed full spoon of rice. Yes, I thought they will at least being a bit courteous but all they did was talking in front of my face.

“I’m glad! And Headmaster granted my wish! I should thank her later. She’s so kind and understanding.”

Yuna stopped and shot a glare at her Mom. “Don’t tell me it’s Mom who asked for the tutor?”

“Oh my God! It’s started already? On your first day??”

Yuna tried to hid her anger and squeeze her spoon so tightly instead. “Mom, I’ll study well without a tutor.” Yuna said, in most calm tone – to calm that it sounds so cold but her Mom being ignorant about it.

“Yuna, you’re never really attends school. It’ll be hard for you to catch on.”

“To think about it, why Mom didn’t just go back to school and being teacher again? You can’t wait for me every single day and worrying about littlest things.”

Her Mom stopped and looks at her own daughter, wondering why she said such words. Seeing her Mom being quiet, Yuna continued in her own heart, “I mean, I’m over already. Mom doesn’t need to accompany me again. I’ll just go to school and being another normal student. Mom told me to live my life, it’s not ended yet so that’s why I go to school precisely like you wished me to. But why Mom stays still? Don’t tell me you’re gonna force me to study hard and turn me into another prodigy? What? You want me to become Olympiad winners now? In which aspect? Physics? Chemistry? Tell me honestly. You can’t bear seeing me didn’t doing great things, right?!”

Yuna gasped at her own thoughts, and her Mom just looks at her strangely.

“I mean Mom, your student must be missed you a lot.” Yuna lied, and break a fake smile. Her Mom sighed in relief, and now told her a story about her being the teacher back then.

Yuna sighed quietly and force herself to eat the remaining food although her appetite was completely gone because once again, her Mom would angry if she left her food unfinished. She couldn’t focus on what her Mom talked anymore, she keep wondering whether should she tell about what she thoughts earlier to her Mom or not. The thoughts that have been haunted her since the very first day she’s conscious from her long coma.

After a long and torturing dinner, she went to her room and locked it right away. She wants to cry so badly yet no single tears forming out. She looks at outside her window, rain still pouring so hard. She felt so cold, both inside and outside, so she is hugging her knees, burry her head in her scrunched up shoulders.

I just want to you to love me the same even if I wasn’t able to do great things again…

***

Yuna have to convince her Mom once again to not drive her to school. Heck, she can’t let this be her new morning daily routine, because she might get sick of it and lost control of herself and tell her Mom that not only about being drive her to school that she hates, but also she doesn’t want to come to school at all.

Yuna eat her breakfast in hurry, left her home early because she can’t bear being in one room with her Mom without being pressed. But unfortunately, she left way too early. There’s only a few person and here she was, having trouble crossing the street.

The lamp already signed that it’s pedestrian turn to cross the street yet she can’t bring herself to cross it. Those few people already cross the street and left her, yet there she was struggling with her own trauma. Her memories about her accident back to her and haunted her badly. She remember exactly how she was being hit by a car so hard and how terribly hurt it was, and the event after it that makes Yuna’s skin turn pale now.

Come on. Be rational. The sign is clearly tell that it’s safe to cross-

Yuna clenched her hands, closed her eyes, control her breath. When she was about to cross, the very fast motorcycle come – almost hit her if someone not pulled her back until she falls.

“Are you losing your mind?!” a loud voice break the air. “Don’t you see that the lamp turn as soon as you crossed?”

Yuna still froze at her place, trembling so hard. Her lips trembling too that she couldn’t said a thing. Yuna’s skin turn into as pale as chalk, and she’s struggling to breath.

“H.. hey? Are you okay?” that current owner of loud voice now squat in front of her, asked in such soft tone.

Yuna looks at him, feel so relief inside that he’s someone she knows. He’s the same person who just lend her umbrella previous day.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you. It’s just so… dangerous, you know?”

Yuna still trying hard to breathe properly, she awfully scared, although she is saved but her memories about the accident make her pain and fear back and felt so real.

Seokmin – after hesitating for a while - hold her shoulders, looking at her right in her eyes. “It’s okay, you’re safe.” he said softly, almost feel like a whisper. Much to her surprise, she feels gradually relaxed, and little by little she could breathe properly again. After seeing her felt a bit relaxed, Seokmin sighed in relief.

“Can you stand up? Can you walk?”

Yuna nodded quietly. With Seokmin’s help, she stood up and takes a deep breath, trying to gaining her strength again.

“Look, the lamp turn again. Now it’s okay for us to cross. Can you make it?”

Yuna look at the street. Although it’s empty, she just can’t bring herself to say ‘yes’.

Seokmin then look at her hand. After hesitating for a quite long seconds, he finally gathered his courage and put Yuna’s hand on his arm. Yuna looks quite shocked at his touch, and his arm that surprisingly felt warm. “You can hold my arm till we cross the street, deal?”

That’s not a bad idea – Yuna’s thought, honestly. So, she nodded and that’s how she crossed the street this morning.

***

Seokmin is off to somewhere – he said to take care of his ‘Class President’ duty. So, Yuna left at class with some of her classmate that quite shocked when she came with Seokmin. She doesn’t understand why, but she doesn’t want to find out either.

Not take a long time, class begin crowded. The chatter soon could be heard, and Yuna who doesn’t want to hear a thing sighed as she realized she left her earphone at home. So, she has no choice beside listen to them.

“You know what? Lee Seokmin just came with Yuna together this morning.”

“What? Are you serious?”

“Yes. I thought he will be forever like stone when interacting with girls. But I swear, they come together and Seokmin looks unbothered like he usually did.”

“So what kind of relationship they have?”

“AISH SERIOUSLY! Can you guys shut up and gossiped at somewhere else? I’m trying to sleep here!” Yuna who silently listened to their gossip feel shocked too at sudden deep’s voice yell. She secretly takes a looks at the source of voice that currently being girls victim of their death-glare. “Shut up Mingyu, it’s our class so we have right to do whatever we like.” one of the girl rolled their eyes, “and moreover, it’s school you idiot, not your bedroom!”

“Oh guess what? It’s my class too so I could do whatever I like!” Mingyu hissed back. When the girls about to argue, a high-pitched scream cut the fight and steal everyone’s attention including Yuna.

“Oh goddamnit.” Mingyu cursed as soon as he sees who the owner of that voice.

The girl that earlier scream now sprinting to Yuna’s direction, flopped herself in front of Yuna’s seat and now scream once again then quickly covered with both of her hands.

“Oh My God. It’s real. It’s happening. So it’s not a lie.”

Yuna looks so confused at her strange act, clueless about what she said.

“You look 999x times more beautiful in real life! I can’t believe that this day finally happened!”

Yuna’s jaw dropped as soon as she heard her confession. What is that sudden overrated compliment about?

“Ah you’re so pretty! Look at your eyes, your lips! Oh my God! You’re clueless about how much I adore you all this time! You’re so gorgeous! I could stare at you for a whole day honestly.”

“Jung Eunha, quit being so gay and leave her alone.” Mingyu said while rolled his eyes.

“Shut up Kim Mingyu you have no right to interfere this beautiful moment.” Eunha – the name of the girl, replied without moving her eyes from Yuna.

“Oh whatever. By the way, teacher is on the way, okay your welcome.”

Eunha jerked from her seat and before she back to her original seat, she whispered to Yuna,

“I’m Jung Eunha! Let’s go to the cafeteria together later, okay??”

Before Yuna could reply, she goes back to her seat real fast and that’s when their homeroom teacher comes in along with Seokmin.

“Okay everyone, we have something exciting to announce this day!”

The students groan in unison – whatever it is, they could feel already that it won’t be that kind of exciting that they wished.

“Yeah, Class President, tell your mates what we have in store today!” their homeroom teacher continued, didn’t care about their indirect protest.

“Right, guys.” Seokmin smiled so broad, showing his crescent shape eyes and his row of white teeth, playing along with her teacher bright mood, “Guess what?” he asked in teasing mode, “We’re gonna change our seat position for this rest of semester!”

Upon hearing that, all of students groan even louder and Yuna couldn’t help but wonder.

Will it make any difference? Will it make her school life less depressing? Or will it make her school worse than any nightmares?

She – honestly – couldn’t tell.  


A/N: Tadah!! I hope you surprised because I update so fast and this chapter is definitely longer! (I usually didn't update this fast, but all thanks to your heart-warming and supporting comments, i gained my strength and finish this chapter in one shot!) And I'm happy I made special part with Wonwoo. I just feel so glad he comeback and finally i got my OT13 Very Nice live (I nearly cried for the first time in forever DK is not my center of attention LOL guess I just missed Wonwoo so much) and tadah! I finally include Mingyu and another Gfriend member - Eunha! I hope you like this chapter as well ; A ; About what exactly happened to Yuna, I'll reveal little by little I just hope you guys fine with it haha. And I hope I didn't make the plot move too fast~ Once again thank you and don't tired left some thoughts about this story, I love reading it and it give me strength to continue this story! 

bad day ; a song that Yuna could relate.