002

S N O W F L A K E


The last lesson is sport. Yuna is allowed to skip this lesson just like that. Mr. Yoon – luckily he got nametag on his shirt – let her skip without any question. He just ordered Yuna to watch her classmate match on the bleacher. Guess the whole South Korea know her condition, eh?

She finally could breathe easily when she is sitting alone on the bleacher. She could feel the tension killing her inside throughout the hours she spent at class. Now the tension coming back again, when she saw a group of girls on the courtside, talking about Yuna doesn’t exactly know what – but seeing from how they secretly took a glance at her, she know well that they’re still talking about her. Her classmates are absolutely still amazed by how she ended up here – in such a bad way.

Although she finally feel a bit lighter about being left alone, she honestly clueless about what should she do to kill the time. She left her phone at class, and she can’t go back there because Mr. Yoon clearly ordered her to sit and watch till the match is over. So, Yuna have nothing left to do beside watch the basketball match that just started a second ago.

The match started with girl’s group match. The match is absolutely boring. Instead of catch the ball and score a point, most of the girls are screaming here and there, afraid of getting hit. Yuna feel relief that the girls match ended so fast.

Now the boys are headed to the center of the court, getting ready for their match. As soon as Mr. Yoon blew the whistle, the match is going fierce. The boys playing with full of spirit, playing so seriously as if this match were some kind of prestigious Olympics that they must won it no matter what.

Her gaze constantly stuck at the boys whom she just met this morning, the one whom declared by Headmaster to be her tutor. That’s still sound ridiculous, and she didn’t want extra time to study. School itself already torn herself and it’s not even a day yet.

While her eyes following him here and there, dribbling the ball and so on, she thought about skipped the tutoring session – right after this match ended. Now I just need a reason. While the boy - surprisingly has scored two points in a row, Yuna still clueless. All this time, she always obeyed what had been scheduled for her and she never skipped any of those, even although the most tiring exercise with the most ‘mean’ lecturer ever that she hate the most.

Well, well, well. Look. I’m digging my past again.

Yuna clicked her tongue, shake her head to shoo away those memories when suddenly she got mini heart-attack when the cheers got louder than before. That boy is scoring a point again, finishing their match with such a glorious win. His friends running at him and busy celebrating by messing his hair or smack his back in a friendly way but all of them struggling to hug him, after then they’re all shout his name out of proud by being their ‘Today’s Hero’.

“Lee Seokmin! Lee Seokmin! Lee Seokmin!”

Ah, so his name is Lee Seokmin.

That ‘Today’s Hero’ laughing and doing absurd dance with some of his friends to celebrate, and all of sudden his gaze averted to Yuna that hasn’t move her eyes from him since the beginning of the match. Their eyes meet and Yuna feel so stupid for being caught, but she can’t take her eyes off from his when that boy, named Lee Seokmin, look at her with his wide smile and his eyes turn into crescent shape.

What? He just smiled at me?

**

One thing strange about that smile is ‘different’ smile from those smiles she used to see. Normally, she would take any strange guy’s smile as a flirt, but his smile earlier was far away from that. And she somehow can’t take off that strange feeling that lingering around her.

Yuna shrug off the thought, looking at her watch and sighed. Just what the heck am I doing here?

She was about to skip the tutor when Seokmin come to the class and headed to her seat. He looks confused at first, seemingly struggling to find the right words. He bites his lips and finally said, “Let’s do the tutor at the library. You know way to go there?”

Yuna want to tell him that she’s not doing this, but instead of protesting, she replied, “I’ll find out.” What the-

Seokmin that earlier look confused now smiling brightly again, “Great! I’ll be there soon. Wait for me, okay?”

And here she is now, can’t believe that she actually put herself into difficulties to find the library and wait for him. Fifteen minutes left already. Get back to your sense, Choi Yuna.

She sighed and rose from her seat, deciding that she will definitely skip this tutor. She walks fast out from the library, somehow afraid of getting caught. She turn her head back to see if Seokmin was there, and-

“Aah!” she bumped to someone, again, for the second time this day. And when she looks up to see who she bumped to, she cursed herself mentally. Darn it.

“Oh, you’re here.” he smiled awkwardly. “Does it hurt? Is your forehead okay?”

“I’m okay.” she replied coldly. She noticed that his hair is still wet and the soap’s scent still smells strong. Gosh, he sure takes a lot of time just to take shower. (But Yuna somehow glad he didn’t use any perfume because heck, she can’t bear it’s smells.)

The two of them just stood there awkwardly, and there is it, he seems to struggling again to say a words. Yuna then decide that it’s best for her to finish this tutor as soon as possible – since skipping is not on her option again.

“Let’s start, shall we?”

**

Not sure what make him turn like that but Yuna sure he is nervous. His facial expressions tell it all, and his fingers that keep ‘dancing’ make her assumption stronger.

“So,” he finally started after a very long seconds of silence (Yuna sighed in relief in the inside like finally he spoke!), “as you know, Headmaster was the one who made the schedule for you. So you’re free only for Wednesday and Saturday.”

“What?” Yuna replied in shock.

“Here, take a look.” Seokmin handed her the schedule, “Headmaster even affix her own signature and school stamp, which mean it’s very official and we can’t skip this tutoring session.”

“Who say I would skip?” Yuna retorted.

“I said ‘we’ not you.” Seokmin corrected softly, “Which mean I can’t skip tutoring you, and you can’t skip receiving the tutor from me.”

Yuna sighed. Mrs. Noh indeed want to torture her.

“You can keep the schedule. It’s yours.” Seokmin told her, but Yuna didn’t even want to look at him nor the schedule. She’s angry.

“But we got one problem.” Seokmin confessed, didn’t actually realize that Yuna didn’t want hear a thing. “I can tutor you all lessons quite well except…”

Yuna waiting him to continue his sentence, but it seems he can’t make it. So she decides to help him – for one solid reason: to make it ended fast.

“Except?”

“English.” Seokmin said, sighed. “If you didn’t believe me, you can see my record. I got worst English score in my class along with Mingyu. The only reason why I can pass the exam was all thanks to Hansol Chwe.”

Yuna just about to ask ‘who is Hansol Chwe’ and ‘who is Mingyu’ but she shut immediately. None of my business  - she remind herself.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to tutor English. I have no problem with it.”

“You have no problem with it?” Seokmin asked, purely surprised.

Yuna tried hard not to roll her eyes and replied it calmly, “Well, I have world-wide tournament so I learn English in advance with my mom, since she was English teacher before she decides–“ Yuna stopped, suddenly realize what just she said. She felt pain overcome her, her memories when her mother accompanied her to everywhere her tournament held was clearly visible on her mind. She gasped and tears are forming in her eyes.

“Yuna?” Seokmin called her, clearly worried.

“Let’s continue tomorrow.” Yuna said in trembling voice. She rose from her seat and before Seokmin could replies, she ran and no longer in Seokmin’s sight.      


A/N: I hope you satisfied with this chapter! I know it's short but... i think i just need it ended here;P thanks for your subscription tho! You guys are the reason why i write tho. I need your feedback for the upcoming chapters, so i hope you'll drop some comments and let me know what you think;; special thanks to Passion4Life for the very first comment on this story!

can't see the endthe lyrics meaning & dk's voice tho. sobs