001

S N O W F L A K E

Yuna smiled bitterly when she saw her mother busy preparing for her school things and blabbering non-stop; telling her to be careful and learn well and blah blah blah. She sighs quietly and quickly plastered her most bright smile and hugs her mom’s back out of sudden - because it's the only way to stop her anyway.

"Thank you for worrying. I'll be totally fine. And yeah, I'll learn well, that's why I'm going to school, right? I'll turn home safely."

Her mom sighs heavily and patted her head tenderly. "Enjoy yourself, ok?"

"I will." she smiled again. She kissed her mom's cheek in speed of light, and running out of her home before her mom could blabber again.

"Honey, don't run! Your legs might hurt again! And do you sure you don't want a ride? Mom could ride you before go-" Mrs. Choi yelled from balcony, it turns out that she just really worry of her one and only daughter that often makes Yuna's heart felt warm and annoyed at the same time.

"I'm sure!! I could take the bus!!" she yelled back - cut her mom words.

Well, it better to take the bus instead being lectured throughout the way.

**

"Do you sure you want to take this responsibility?"

"I'm sure." He answered shortly.  Mrs. Noh smiled and patted his back.

"I'm glad you're the one who volunteered. I believe you. But remember! Don't disregard your responsibility being Class President too, okay?"

"I understand."

Mrs. Noh smiled, and her smiled grows even wider when someone just knocked her office door.

"It must be her." Mrs. Noh whispered.

"Come in!" the door slowly opened and revealed the girl behind it. Yuna enters the room awkwardly, and she acted more awkward when she accidentally exchange glances with a student that she didn't realize his existence at first. 

"Come in, Ms. Choi. Please have a seat."

Yuna sit beside the male student, and she wonders why in the world he didn't left yet.

"I’m sorry for what’ve just happened to you.” Yuna tries hard not to sighs. Not that some pointless sympathy again. “But I'm glad you decide to back to school. Anyway, you've left the school for about a year and half. You sure missed a lot."

Yuna tried her best to smile and gain her confident. "I'll study hard to catch on."

"Glad to hear that! I believe you'll work hard."

Yuna smiles awkwardly, especially when the Headmaster was talking about her absences in front of stranger. Heck, why he didn't just leave already?

"I believe you, but i thought it'll be hard for you to catch all these lessons especially by your own. And exam is coming near. So, i give you a help." Mrs. Noh glanced the boy beside her, and it took several seconds for her to understand.

"Yes, Ms. Choi. He will help you out. I've made the schedule for you. You won't be disappointed since the schedule is a bit... tight?" Mrs. Noh laughed to her own joke. Meanwhile Yuna didn't find this funny at all. How come she took her words seriously? Didn't all typical students will answer the same - that they'll learn hard? Why she got a private teacher all of sudden - and not to mention that he is not the teacher at all?

"Pardon me but Mrs...?"

"Mrs. Noh, Dear."

"Yep, right. Mrs. Noh, he is not teacher. He is a student." Yuna tried to spill the fact that only make Mrs. Noh burst into another laughs.

"Yes, yes he is. I don't like the idea of using a teacher for you. It'll be boring and i guess it's pretty useless? I want you to learn in most comfortable situation, since it's a hard task for you to catch on in short span of time. And a friend to help you out? That's the answer! Anyway, don't be afraid. He is the best student in your class. And he just volunteered himself immediately when i announced about your case."

"Vol-"

"Mrs. Noh." the boy suddenly speaks up in stern voice. Mrs. Noh eyes widened when realized she just revealed the thing that he asked to be keep it in secret.

"Oh, don't worry, Mr. Lee. It's okay to help someone. I know you feel the responsibility being the President of the Class. I understand it's part of your duty. Nothing shame about it."

Yuna want to interrupt - she didn't have time to protest to this nonsense yet Mrs. Noh back to control the situation once again. "Ah yeah, it'll be great if you two greet each other. Go, Mr. Lee, introduced yourself first."

The boy sighed, and just when he is about to introduce himself Yuna finally interrupt successfully;

"I think it’s the best for us to greet each other in another time because I think the class will start soon, right?"

Much to her relief, Mrs. Noh finally let them excuse themselves.

**

From their way to class, the boy doesn’t utter a thing. Yuna who walk behind her sighed quietly. Why on earth he must volunteered himself to teach her? Her plan going to school isn’t about study hard.

“We’re here.” the boy suddenly stopped, caused Yuna who busy with her own thoughts hit his back accidentally. “Oh, yeah. We’re here.” Yuna awkwardly replied. What the heck.

The boy casually entered the class, and Yuna nervously following behind him. She froze at the moment when all pair of eyes straightly looking at her, half surprised, half amazed, but soon after they’re all pitied her. She could hear clearly their whispers, filled her mind like a poison that killed her slowly in the inside. She feels attacked and yet she can’t move. This is exactly why I hate school in the first place.

 “Yah, look! That’s really Choi Yuna! That ‘Yuna’!”

“Wow, amazing. So the news about her it’s true.”

“Such a pity…..”

“She looks helpless..”

“It must be hurt a lot. Unbelievable.”

“Yuna.” Somebody called her name, took her back from her painful thoughts. She looks confused, who just called her name earlier?

“In case you forget, your seat is last row on 4th line.” the boy earlier was the one who called her name, and just pointed out her seat. Yuna nodded and headed to her seat quickly. She placed her bag and calmed herself mentally. Close your eyes. Breath. Let it out. Repeat.

Their whispers still going on, and Yuna thanks the God straightly soon after the teacher coming in and shut the class off.

“Good Morning everyone!” the teacher – that Yuna guess as their homeroom teacher, greeted them with such a cheery tone and bright smile. The students replied in unison. “So today is our first day of school after the break. And you must be felt somehow anxious because soon you’re all will be the 3rd grader.”

The students are loudly. The teacher that Yuna still trying hard to remember what her name is and what lesson she teach is now throw her bright smile again. “Come on! Cheer up! It’ll be fun. Don’t be afraid. All of you’ve made it till this far. Surely you’ll pass this one and the one that are coming too.”

Yuna sighed quietly – she lost count about how much she sighed today. The start just begun yet she feels extremely exhausted already. She has zero confident about passing her school-life under this kind of condition. Her classmates won’t help her to forget her past like her mother said, the fact is contrary. Her classmates only pitied her and make her pain two times more agonizing. When her teacher told motivational words and so on, Yuna could only think about quitting this school, or even quitting her life already.

She just can’t live like this.


A/N: Here is the first chap! I know it's kinda boring but please be patient hehe. I'm sorry for any grammatical mistake, English is not my mother language and although I'm re-reading it for a few times, there's still a chance I don't recognize my own mistakes haha. Anyway, I'm in the middle writing for the upcoming chap, i hope you anticipated it! (Any Carats who also Buddy? Let's be mutual here. It's my non-IU account and i feel kinda.... lonely? LOL.

snowflake ; this sounds amazing!