011

S N O W F L A K E


It’s the day right before the official ceremony of the third graders will take times. Yuna – as the one who is appointed to sing Korean’s National Anthem for the opening – walks up to the stage slowly to do the first final rehearsal.

“Choi Yunaaa! Fighting!” Eunha screams across the hall, waving her hands enthusiastically from the audience seat. Yuna smiled nervously, she hardly grabs the mic as her hands sweats a lot.

She looks at her friends who shouted and gave her the encouragement she badly needs. Her eyes found Seokmin, and he is smiling to her, with his usual shining’s smile. Yuna smiled back to him, and she chuckled as she saw Seokmin mouthed ‘You can do it’ cutely. Her heart feels anxious, yet also warm because the mental supports that she never thought she will receive.

The stage operator shouted ‘music, cue!’ and that’s when the music started to play. Yuna take a deep breath before start to sing. Once she sings, her worries are vanished away and she could only focus on her singing. 2 minutes more feels like a decade, but when she finally finished the song, she could feel nothing but relieved, as her friends cheered loudly for her.

Eunha ran to her and hugged her – still clinging to her even when they walk down from the stage. 

“I never thought you could sing that well! You should take my role instead oh my God.”

“Who are you kidding? You’re perfect for that role, don’t say nonsense.” Yuna laughed. 

Yuna back to her seat and sat beside Seokmin. The boy froze like a stone and didn’t react when she called him.

“Hey, Seokmin, what’s wrong?”

Seokmin realized from his thoughts and gulped hard as he saw Yuna who is looking at her with her pair of sparkling eyes in confusion. Seokmin look at the girl in awe, her voice still made him speechless. And when his heart beating fast just by looking at her frowned at him, he realize that his feeling is beyond real.
And, a word ‘confession’, once again, across his messy mind.

 

--

It’s finally the day. Yuna waited nervously for the MCs to call her name to the stage. She continuously take a deep breath to calmed herself, but when she thought whether her mother coming or not make her feel worry her again. She wipes the sweats from her palm, sighed. She is startled when the MCs finally called her name, and she walks to the stage and plastered a smile.

“Ladies and Gentleman, we’ll hear Korean’s National Anthem from Choi Yuna now, XX High School representative from 2-D class. Moment of silent for…….”

She couldn’t process what the MCs said anymore as she busily examining the audience to spot the glimpse of her mother. She bites her lips as she couldn’t find her, and can’t help but feel disappointed.

The music started to playing, and that’s when she caught someone rose up from her seat then take out the camera to record her, and her smile breaks as she realized that it was no other than her mom – filming her with the same camera she used back then to filmed her performances. And that was the very first time she sings Korean’s National Anthem from the very bottom of her heart, and tearing up once she finish the song. 

The audience gives her the loud applause. She gives her 90 degree bow, and when she straight up again, her wide smile break as her mom smiled proudly to her.

Choi Yuna felt her life is perfect at that moment.

--
 

After bunch of boring speeches and such, the ceremony finally ended. Music club’s members did great performances, and they cheered for each other for done their first big project. 

The third graders who are still participating in the musical drama gathered in the auditorium after they bid farewell with their parents. Jihoon’s mind is too occupied on this big project, until he couldn’t feel that he is already graduated and this place won’t be the part of her routines again.

The girls sure are different. They totally realized that this was their last day to wear the uniforms. Yerin and Sowon are busy fixing their make up after crying for minutes, excuse themselves and promised to come back to the auditorium as soon as they calmed their emotional phase.

“She is sad because he won’t be in the same class as me again.” said Seungcheol while looking at her girlfriend’s back that just gone behind the door, but no one listened to him. But Soonyoung isn’t as loud as he usually act, his sadness could be clearly seen. No one knows actually what’s going on his mind.

Yuna watched her seniors carefully, and she is sad that they didn’t spent a lot of time together and they already graduated.  “I’ll miss Sowon and Yerin sunbae so much.” Eunha sighed, wiped a drop of tears on the tip of her eye. “The break time would feel so empty.”

Yuna definitely agree to that. At first, she hates how loud they are, but now she admit wholeheartedly that she will missed them and their bickering so bad.

“Don’t worry,” Seungkwan smiled, “Seokmin and I won’t let the break time like a graveyard.”

Jihoon finally decides to end their emotional session and through the speaker, he told everyone to gather at the stage. Every actors and staffs gathered at the center of the stage, and Jihoon called their name one by one to checking the preparation.

“Everything’s good.” Jihoon nodded, looking at the draft that he recently always brings everywhere. “Seungcheol, any word?” Jihoon asked to Seungcheol.

“The preparations are well made.” He declared, “We just need to practice for the last time today, and did the last rehearsal tomorrow morning.”
 

After that, the practice is started. Eunha and Jungkook, as the main leads, are putting their maximal efforts to their acting and their singing. Seokmin, Yuna and Mingyu who is waiting for their turn at the backstage are watching them carefully. Mingyu looks so immersed, yet there’s sad expression written clearly on his face. Yuna noticed it since the first day of the announcement, and Yuna wonders why.

Seokmin, in another hand, already noticed the reason since the very first day of announcement. He talked to Mingyu and finally made the boy confessed that he actually likes Eunha and it irritated him so much to watch Eunha – who is all this while always around him – is near with another boy.

Seokmin successfully made him convinced enough to tell the truth to him because he talked about how he realized his feelings for Yuna. It made Mingyu’s confusion answered, and made him give up with his own denial. And after the serious talk that night, the silly bet happened.

Let’s see who succeed to confess first.

Seokmin gulped hard. Since that absurd yet serious conversation with Mingyu, whenever he nears around Yuna, the thought about the confession always automatically flashed in his mind. As the result, he would act awkward and silly, made the girl’s eyebrows furrowed; confused.

Like today. Today is the day when musical drama will hold. The whole crews went to school early than the sun to do the last rehearsal. After the rehearsal ended, the fashion’s club members take control to dress up & dolled the actors.

He saw Yuna between the sea of busy people – he always got to see her, as if his eyes has some power to find her regardless the condition – and he busily calming his rapid heartbeat when he saw her walking towards him; since she already done dressed up.  

“What’s happen with you?” Yuna asked, noticed how stiff Seokmin’s expression is.

Seokmin quickly shaking his head, gulped hard when saw Yuna in this close distance. Yuna is always beautiful to him, but for today, she is exceptionally breathtaking. The white dress, simple make up and her brown wavy hair feels like the oxygen that made him hard to breath.

“Nothing.” He let out a deep sigh, “I’m just nervous.” Because of you, Seokmin mentally added.

“I see.” The girl give a reassuring smile, made the condition worse for him, “Don’t worry. You did really well during the rehearsal. You will do greater then, I believe.”

Yuna smiled to him, but her smile disappeared quickly and she exclaimed, “What is this? I’m the one who always nervous and you’re always the one who reassured me.”

They both chuckled, “So we’re going to change role now, eh?”

They chuckled again, and between her laugh, Seokmin can’t resist but say it out loud, “You’re beautiful.”

Yuna’s laugh abruptly stopped, for the short moment, she looks rather confused. But then she breaks into another beautiful smile, and what she said next made his heart feels heavier with his great admiration towards her. 

“You look great too.”

And Seokmin had never been this happy to be complemented by someone.

--

The musical drama hit a big success. It ended with loud and long cheers, made all the crews drown in ocean of tears. The one who cry the hardest is no other than both of the leaders, Jihoon and Seungcheol, and the main leads, Eunha and Jungkook. But Jihoon is on another whole level, he really deep into tears. His stern self is completely gone. The crying Jihoon is now softer than a marshmallow. With tears still rolling, he thanked every person one by one, especially the music’s clubs member.

Seokmin and Seungkwan cry so hard – made Jihoon cry harder than he already did. They hugged the leader for so long, couldn’t even utter a thing as their tears shut them up. But after all, they didn’t need word. The tight hug and the cry already tell much. 

Yuna is crying too, and Jihoon hold both of her hands, thanked her. “Really, Yuna.” He sobbed, “Although I didn’t spend a lot of time with you – which such a regrets, you’re really a precious gem for music’s club. You give many good memories in such short of time. I’m beyond thankful. Really, thank you, Yuna.” 

Yuna thanked him also with endless thanks. Although her first intention to enroll to the music club wasn’t came from her own willing, but now she wholeheartedly grateful to be the part of the club.

After the emotional session, they quickly throw a celebration party and turn to the cheerful self almost immediately. Everyone laughed and eat a lot of food, releasing the stress and pressure that comes from finals and these big projects all at once. Night fell deeper, and one by one of them start to take leave. 

Seokmin can’t stop looking at Yuna during the party – keep seeking for the right timing. He keeps waiting until half of the people already leaving, but when she approaches Yuna, the girl is standing up and getting ready to leave.

“You’re leaving now?” Seokmin asked, honestly surprised.

“Yes.” Yuna beamed, “My mom is picking me up. She is waiting at the gate.”

“Let me accompany you.”

Yuna nodded immediately and they walked together to the gate. Seokmin convinced himself that this is the time – now or never. But his lips are sealed tightly. They didn’t utter a thing and Seokmin afraid his loud heart beat might be heard.

When they finally reach the gate, Yuna smiled at him and Seokmin realize that this is the first time he hate long holiday. 

“Thank you, Seokmin.”

“I do nothing.” Seokmin returned. 

Yuna chuckled, “You did everything and I felt really grateful.” she half-whispered. Seokmin can’t say anything as he busily keeps looking at Yuna, enjoy the last the he could see her because he won’t meet her tomorrow at school, or two days after, or one month after.

Then, when Yuna said good night and goodbye, Seokmin asked her, which made her turned her back again,

“Yuna!” he called her name out of loud, “Can I meet you during holiday?”

Yuna, looked at him in and chuckled at how silly he was. “Is that even a question?”  


aye! finally I'm able to continue this againTT really i express my endless thanks for all your heart-warming comments. The main reason why I still continue this is because of you guys. I hope you won't dump this story because I'm too lazy!TT

anyway, please kindly check my new seokju fic. ikr i'm not finishing this one yet, but, the urge is real.