010

S N O W F L A K E


Yuna scratches her head out of frustration. Math questions are really, truly, stressed the hell out of her. She sighed and decided to grab some snacks before continue her homework. She grinned to herself as she realized that she is now could freely eat a midnight snack – something that back then is extremely illegitimate since she should keep her body weight.

When she went to kitchen and turn on the lamp, she is screaming when she saw someone lay on the floor. She realized second after that it is no other than her mother. She cringed as she could smell strong alcohol’s smell from her mother that made her wonder how many bottle of soju that her mom spent this night.

“Mom! Wake up! You can’t sleep here, it’s cold.” Yuna shrugged her mom’s body, but the older one is already deep in her slumber. Yuna let out a deep sigh, before gaining her strength to carrying her mother to the bed.

After struggling with herself, Yuna could only manage to put her mother on the sofa, since her bedroom is still quite far away and her mother is unfortunately too heavy to be carried by herself. She takes off her mother’s shoes and jacket slowly, put a pillow below his head and cover her with blanket.

Yuna sighed, and look at her mother who is soundly sleeping. She looks so peaceful yet she could clearly see how tired she is. Yuna felt guilty now to not spend the Father Day with her instead. After all, her mom is the person she only has now.

She fixes her mother hair and whisper to herself. “What present did you want, Mom? Do you want a scarf, or a new spec? Or should I buy a new coat? Or perhaps, you want a new bag?”

Yuna smiled as she promised to herself to buy the present for her mom later.

--

It’s Wednesday and it’s also the time for music club study to practice for the last year event. Nothing is fixed yet, since Jihoon wants it to be perfect, he keeps changing the concept and it confuse all of the members.

“I’m sorry guys, I know I’m being annoying now.” Jihoon sighed at that afternoon.

“It’s okay, Hoon. We know you have a lot of burden because this will be considered as a portfolio for your college’s entrance. We understand.” Yerin patted the leader. “But… yeah. We’re running out of time. Less than a month we’ll face finals exam. Then one week after the event is hold. We should prepare it as soon as possible.”

“I know.” Jihoon sighed. “I’ve planning this, and I think it’s the best plan out of all planned I’ve told you guys.” Jihoon distribute the paper and after everyone receiving it, protests and questions could be heard from every corner.

“What’s this? Is this some kind of joke?” Mingyu blurted out.

“What’s joke? This is great!” Seungkwan beamed.

“Okay, but how are we going to do this with the minim remaining time? Someone told me.” Jungkook massage his temple – dizzy.

“Okay, quit the protest now. I’ll explain it all.” Jihoon tried to be as calm as he could.

“So, first of all, for the formal ceremony, we just have to perform like usual. I mean, the regular group. Seokmin, Mingyu, Jungkook, and the rest of second grade music club’s members perform school’s mars after several of boring opening speech. The girls perform school’s hymn on the middle of event, and all music’s club members perform an acapella altogether at the ending. As for the opening… I would like Yuna to perform Korean’s national anthem. As for the reason, Yuna is known as international athlete who is already brought South Korean’s name into worldwide by her achievement. When the parents and special guests look at her, it’ll be this school’s pride. Well… it’s honestly Headmaster recommendation. So, Yuna, I believe you will do well, I know it’s must be weird for you to do this as it is the first time you joined here but, I count on you.”

Yuna sighed. She is about to protest back then but what could she do if Jihoon already said that? Nothing. But it turn out that she is the only one who against this idea, because everyone smiled at her and give her thumbs up to encourage her.

“So, move on to the informal event. Various clubs will perform too, but since the music club given most of the time this year, the theme for this year event is given to us. So, I grab this chance to perform an…”

“Musical drama. Yes, right.” Mingyu sighed.

“Yes. It is. With musical drama, every each of us will able to perform and participate and it’ll be a massive collaboration between clubs. In fact, this is the only performance which includes most of the clubs; such as theater club – who is already making the script, dance club, martial arts club, movie club, journalistic club, marching band club, and so on.”

“If you guys worry about the preparation, you better not. The script is finished and I’ve done arranging the music too. It was originally theater club performance but I asked them to collaborate instead and they agreed; so we just have to choose the casts and focusing on practice. The fashion club is ready to make the customs, to sum it up, because all club participate, everything was already ¾ done.”

All music club’s member are too fascinated to say anything. Jihyo shakes her head in amusement while started to clapping, second after followed by the others.

“Our leader, who is always doing the most! I’m going to cry now!” Seungkwan faked crying, teased the Jihoon that face already turn red.

“It’ll be great. It’ll be the most iconic last year performance in this school history!!” Sinb squeals out of excitement.

“Yeah, and it’s the time for music club to rise! We’ll be the main character, we’ll sing and acting! We’ll be famous I feel it in my bone.” Yerin smirked, imagining the glory and loud applause once the performance ended.

“But you will graduate right after, though. Your fame will be useless.” Mingyu heartlessly told her. And Yerin give the boy a hard smack he deserves.

“Okay, so, for the casting, it’ll be held by music and theater club representatives. Which is… me and Seungcheol. So, let’s head to hall for casting now.”

--

Yuna felt grateful to get a role that is not really hard. The fact that she is involved in this huge event itself already made her excited. She is happy for Eunha because she is chosen as the female main lead, while Jungkook is her opponent. Seokmin got a pretty important role, but he couldn’t be happy about it as his best friend is totally against the idea of Jungkook being the main lead opposite Eunha but he seems would deny it till he graduate later.

Everything after that day was full of tiring practice days. They often practice till late in the midnight. The tutoring session still going on, but the time is decreased since both of them need to practice for the drama.

Things started going harder when it come nearer to finals exam. Although Yuna’s role is not often appear, the practice is going on a whole so she just cannot simply practice her part and went home. So, in between the tight practice, she tried her best to study and memorize something when it’s not her turn. Sometimes when Seokmin is free, they will learn together. Seokmin felt sorry that he couldn’t give his best to teach Yuna for finals, but he barely study for his own too.

Time passed really quickly. Finals started and everyone gives their best to finish the finals week that most likely feel like hell. Yuna truly believe that her grades will drop tragically – and the fact that her previous grades originally weren’t that great really stressed her. But once he remembers Seokmin words, she believe that her mother will understand and finally not to mind much about it and focus on the drama instead.

On the last day of finals exam, all the clubs are gathering to throw a party. They all wished for this last year performance to hit a big success. Yuna is overwhelmed to experience such funny and warming party. Last time she felt like this was the moment she won gold medal against the unbeatable worldwide skater from Russia and all athletes and couch throw a party for her.

After that night, with Seokmin accompanied her, she went to the store and bought a new bag for her mother. She is promised to give her mother a present yet she keeps forgetting it. Since she remembers now, she couldn’t postpone it any longer. Yuna come home late and her mother is already fallen asleep. She smiled as she wrapped the bag as prettily as she could. When she is done, she writes a simple note and stuck it on. She placed the present on her mother’s car luggage so she would find the present once she is already off to school.

Yuna sleep with a wide smile that night. Tomorrow she has to practice from morning to night, but she anticipates it a lot. She really ready to break her bones! She let out a deep breathes, happily thinking that her life is so much better and she thinks her life won’t go anywhere wrong, not twice.

Little did she know, this universe has so many mysteries, and comparable to that, life is love to playing tricks.

--

Mom, I’ve chosen to perform an opening at last-year school event. Believe it or not, this daughter of yours is quite good at singing, haha. I’ll sing Korean’s National Anthem, it such an honor! Please watch me and recorded me hehe

I’m also participated at musical drama. My role isn’t that great, but I hope you come and watch it. You’re curious of how I’ll act and sing at the same time, right?

Anyways, Mom. I hope you like the present. Don’t worry too much and don’t drink too much! Choi Yuna now is living happily. So, I hope you live happily too. I love you, Mom.


 

I’ve just to summarized and fast-forwarded many events in one chap so this update is kinda boring right huhu. I need to do it tbh because yeah…. prepare for the upcoming. hoho

sorry for super late update. y’know, procrastinating is the thing I’m expert of.