Tension

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr Son.”

 

"Tell me what you found. "

 

"Sir, Miss Son was found with a mysterious male student. "

 

His eyebrows furrowed.

 

"And who is that mysterious person? "

 

"I..I couldn't find anything. I am sorry. I only know that he is a new student."

 

"NONSENSE! We are the second biggest company in South Korea. There is nothing that we can't find! "

 

"I..am so sorry. "

 

"Leave. Now. "

 

"Y..yes Sir. If there's anything new.. I'll.."

 

"Just LEAVE. "

 

"Y..yes Sir. "


————————

Francesco and Marcella walked past streets and crossed roads. He pointed at certain shops so Marcella could recognise which street this is, and where to turn to different directions. 

 

As they walked side by side, Marcella cleared . 

“Um.. Thank you so much for walking me home.”

Francesco turned and smiled at her.  “No worries, I have some time after school anyways.”

He glanced at her and started the conversation. 

 

“So… how do you go home usually?”

 

“My… I mean, Krystal’s driver drives both of us home. We live together.”

 

“Ah… You’re close with Krystal?”

 

“Yes, we’ve been friends since we were young… What about you? You walk home usually?”

 

“Yes, I don’t have a driver.” He said nothing afterwards. Let’s hope she won’t ask more. 

 

She nodded. “It’s good thing though, since you seem to be so familiar with New York.”

 

“Actually I’ve only been here for a few times.”

 

“Wow! Only a few times but you’re so familiar with it! You know the streets and directions!”

 

He smiled sheepishly. “It’s just because I like to wander around instead of attending business meetings.” He changed the topic quickly before she asks more. 

 

“You’re wearing a ring, are you interested in someone?” He joked. 

 

She blushed. “No, its from my parents - its a rosary ring.”

 

She glanced at his fingers and joked back to him. “Hey! You’re wearing one too! Does that mean you have a love interest as well?” 

 

“Nope, but like you, I’m also catholic!”

 

“What is your baptist name?”

 

“Francesco! The one I’m using now.” 

 

She smiled. “Me too. Marcella.”

 

So we have the same faith. 

 

They smiled at each other. 

 

———————————

 

It has been two weeks after the walk. Naeun's driver was back and she couldn't give a excuse to walk home because Krystal would always drag her home. 

In class, she would always find herself looking at the direction of where Francesco is. Of course, she turns her head back to the whiteboard afterwards. Yesterday, she was once again glancing towards Francesco's direction. 

And he caught her staring. 

 

Embarrassed, She quickly turned her head down, focusing on taking the sophisticated math notes. 


———————————

Naeun lies on the bed. Her mind often drifts back to the short walk and the eye contact with Francesco. She slapped her forehead. 

Son Na Eun! You literally just met him!  

 

She glanced at the neatly piled worksheets and booklets of homework. This school is fun, I guess. 

 

Krystal barged in her room and jumped on her bed. With thoughts being broken, Naeun glared at her. Krystal smirked. 

“You thinking about Fraaaannncessssssco?”

gaped open. “How did you know that?”

“You were smiling and blushing, who else would it be?”

“You were spying on me?”

She cleared . “A..Anyways, since you like him, when are you going to take action?”

“Soo Jung, I literally just met him like two weeks ago!”

 

“Why are you so slow, Naeun? At least talk t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter