All Day All Night

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Winterville, exams are held for each class at the end of the school year, to test the abilities of their students. Naeun never had exams before. Her mother gave her tests in homeschooling, but she has never attended large exams in school halls. She glanced at the exam schedule on the classroom board:

 

MON

Mathematics —— 8:30AM

Physics —— 12:30 PM ; Biology —— 12:30 PM

 

TUES

Chemistry —— 8:30 AM

Korean —— 12:30 PM

 

WED

English —— 8:30 AM

History —— 12:30 PM 

 

THURS

Geography —— 8:30AM

Economics —— 12:30 PM ; Business ——12:30 PM

 

FRI

Art —— 8:30 AM

 

 

She groaned internally at the schedule. Her worst subject — Math, is arranged to be the first exam. She still had two weeks to prepare, but she already felt nervous for her first attempt. She was still thinking of how to revise, when she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. She turned back and found Taemin’s smile. 

 

He studied her expression and asked with a frown: “Are you okay? You look stressed.”

“I’m scared for the exam… it is my first time attending exams…” She pouted.

He chuckled. “Don’t worry, we still have time! It’s my first time too! We can study together!”

 

She raised her eyebrows. If Taemin hasn’t taken exams before… it means he was homeschooled previously. It’s true that both of them were transferred to Winterville, but a lot of families still sent their children to privileged schools — like her friends, Krystal, Bomi and Eunji. It was rare to have students like Naeun that were homeschooled. She was curious, but her nervousness dominated her brain. She was in no mood to wonder why Taemin was homeschooled. 

She sighed and looked down. “You’re good at math so you don’t have to worry…” 

She pointed at the board. “See! Math is our first exam!! I don’t want to mess up the first exam in my life…”

He patted her head. “Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.” 

Her eyes lit up. “Really?”

“We can revise together! But…I need something in exchange for the free lesson!” He smirked. 

She laughed. “Okay, deal! What do you want me to teach you?”

He shook his head. “No, you don’t need to teach me, just help me do something.”

She tilted her head in question. 

 

He stepped closer and leaned down to look at her eyes directly. She gulped. He pointed a finger to his lips. 

 

“W..What..does that mean?” She stuttered.

 

“A kiss.” He whispered. “For me to teach you, I need a kiss.” He lifted the corner of his lips. 

 

She turned bright red and turned her head quickly to scan the classroom. “We..We’re at school! I can’t do it now!”

“There’s no one here! Everyone went out for break.” He smirked. 

She gulped and glanced around, checking again if there is anyone in the classroom. “N..No.. I… what if someone comes in?” She stuttered. 

He chuckled at her shyness, stepped back from her and stood upright. “Fine, fine. I won’t make fun of you. I can help you starting from today after school.”

She felt a tinge of disappointment when he pulled away from her. 

He continued. “I’m gonna go down to meet the boys. I’ll come to find you after school!” He ruffled her hair and turned away, when suddenly, he felt a tug on the hem of his shirt. 

He turned back to her and was about to ask what’s wrong until he felt a gentle peck on his lips. 

 

She tiptoed and leaned in for a shy kiss. 

 

He widened his eyes as she pulled away and looked down. He blinked, regained his senses and looked at her with a grin. “I thought you didn’t want to?”

 

Her face was as red as a tomato as she looked down in shyness, unable to look into his alluring eyes. 

——————————————

A few days later, they were walking home together after studying in the library. They walked past an art gallery, and Naeun stopped to glance at it. It was closed, but the entrance had posters that advertised for the newest sculptures and artworks placed in the gallery. She leaned in and found the gallery’s opening times. She had one last look, then turned back to Taemin. 

“Let’s go.” She said. “Sorry, I just wanted to take a look at the gal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter