Epilogue

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV:

I knew my sister's lover was Lee Taemin.

The Lee Taemin who is the youngest son of the richest family in South Korea.

The Lee Taemin whom Naeun was supposed to marry in the first place.

I recognised him as soon as I stepped out of our mansion's porch. I had no idea why he ended up here in New York, so the first thing when I saw Lee Taemin, I freaked out.

 

What the heck is this guy doing here?  I thought.

 

I recognised Lee Taemin's face because father showed a photo of him to me before. At that time, I had a feeling if Naeun agreed to the marriage, she would've liked him.

Naeun never saw her to-be-husband's face. She just ran away right before the news even broke to her. I was so shocked that I even thought she had the ability to predict the future or something. It was later that she told me she overheard father's conversation with Mr Jung.

 

On that night, before I left the mansion, my sister begged me to not kill Francesco. I never knew Francesco was Lee Taemin. She never knew it too.

 

I wasn't planning to kill anyone at the first place. I would drown in guilt to think that one person lost their life because of me. After my sister begged on her knees, the person felt even more valuable so I was more determined to save his life.

 

However, I was shocked when Lee Taemin recognised MY face on that night. Yes, I have been to business meetings, but I've never seen his face. Surely, even if he could recognise me — as a child of the Son's, then he would've knew Naeun as my sister, and would've known that they were bound to be married anyways. So why did he bother to come all over here and get tied and hit by the guards?

 

It was after that I realised he recognised me as his pen-pal.

 

The closest friend that I had, in 10 years of my life, turned out to be the son of the Richest family in Korea and my sister's love of her life.

 

I was shocked, but also happy at the same time that I could finally meet my pen-pal in real life, and get to know who he truly is.

 

To meet one of my closest friends in 10 years was emotional. I was thankful to him as a friend, but also as a person that protected my sister.

 

I chose to let him go.

 

At that time I didn't know why he's in New York, but I knew that we would meet again at the wedding.

 

I knew Naeun will see Taemin on the day of their ball as well, so I told her ‘I believe you will find your soulmate, the one eternal love that you had been looking for. ’ But she didn't seem to understand what I meant…

Anyways, they reunited on stage and I couldn't help but feel touched at the scene. They were fated to be together, and their love was real. I beamed at the couple with a tint of pride. Finally… finally, my sister can be happy and my best friend can find his lover.

 

I approached Taemin once all the guests started to leave. He grinned at me.

“Jongin!” He exclaimed. “Sorry, I knew you were here but I got occupied by all the annoying guests.”

I shook my head and clasped my hand on to his shoulder. “No, no man, don't worry about it. I understand.”

I asked him how he felt like, to be a groom and to reunite with his lover. I couldn't help to tease his sweet gaze to Naeun on stage, and he chuckled in embarrassment.

He gave me a strong embrace.

“Thank you Jongin.” He patted my shoulder. “You saved my life and you trusted me with your sister.”

I returned the gesture. “No, Taemin. Its you I should be thankful to. You took care of my sister and you gave her the love that we couldn't give her. I should thank you.”

We released each other.

 

It was a bit awkward, for two men to hug each other and thank each other. I cleared my throat and said, “Well… since you're in Korea… you wanna hangout sometime? We could play billiards! You've always mentioned it in your letters.”

 

Taemin laughed. “Sure, I would love to.”

 

Finally, after 10 years. My pen pal is now my best mate.

 

—————-

Naeun lay in his embrace, with her head on his bare chest, hearing his strong, thumping heart. It has been one month since they reunited and they are soaked in joy. They had their wedding yesterday. A few months ago, she thought this day would be a nightmare, a gateway to her cage, but now… its a dream come true. For her to marry the man she loves… this is a blessing from God. As beams of sunlight sneak into the room, she flinched, then opened her eyelids.

She lifted her head slightly and matched his brown orbs.

 

“Good morning, my dear wife.” Taemin said as he gave her a gentle peck on the lips.

 

She smiled with reddish cheeks.

 

As she gained consciousness, she felt a striking pain on her waist. She winced and frowned. He noticed her discomfort and asked gently. “What's wrong? You feel okay?”

She felt like her body has ran a thousand kilometers. She answered in fatigue. “My waist hurts.”

To her surprise… her voice was hoarse. She cleared again, but her voice was still the same. She frowned. His lips curled up slyly and he kissed her forehead.

 

She wondered what made her waist hurt, her voice hoarse, until she remembered what happened last night.

 

Last night.

 

She widened her eyes in realisation.

 

The man beside her got too passionate and too excited on their wedding night that he lost control. Granted, they are married now so its their first time, but the striking pain on her waist made her shot a glare to him.

 

He gave her an innocent smile.

 

“Y..You!” She glared at him and punched his bare chest. In his eyes, she looked like a whining kitten and her punches were just light taps. His cheekbones rose as he patted her head, ruffled her hair and kissed her forehead again.

 

She is still fuming in anger. With his lips curled, he tried to find excuses. “I.. Hey! It's our wedding night! Its not like other couples don't do these things! And! Also! We were separated for so long, so you can't expect me to.. to.. control myself… I missed you a lot okay!”

 

She rolled her eyes and turned her head away from him. He laughed, then pressed gently on her bare wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter