Hope

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their lips connected gently, like a drop of fresh water blending into the sea. When their lips met, her heart thumped loudly against her chest and she felt like the whole world around her bursted into fireworks. They pulled apart, and stared into each others orbs. The taste of her lips was mesmerising and he couldn’t help but to lean in again and weave his fingers into her hair as he pressed his lips harder against her and lingered on it longer. 

They pulled apart and he loosened his fingers on her hair. 

The sides of her lips twitched as she glanced down shyly, unable to meet his eyes. 

 

“It’s been a while since I left home… at that time…I wouldn’t have known that I would meet you here.” He smiled. 

“We met on the first day of school… how did you find me at the time?” She asked. 

He hesitated. “You know… that day… wasn’t the first time that we’ve met. ”

 

She frowned and tilted her head to the side. 

 

“We met in the airport. You were hiding behind a huge statue, and I ran to the one you were hiding in. We knelt down behind the statue together. ”

 

She remembered when she first arrived New York. There were black suited men in the arrival hall and they were searching for someone. At first she thought it was her father’s men, so she hid behind a huge statue. Another guy came, with a black cap and hid beside her. 

At that time, she didn’t know… that the guy who hid beside her would be her lover. 

 

“Oh really?!” She was surprised. “Then those men who came… they were sent by your family?”

He nodded. “My father also arranged a marriage for me, and I ran away. He sent those men to force me to go back. Before the marriage announcement though, I have already left home, because I didn’t want to go to business meetings and do things that my father forced me to do.”

 

She stared at his side profile. 

 

She never knew he had such a past. He had never told her, and she never asked. 

 

She asked carefully. “When you were helping me with the spies… you said you knew how the spies work, and came up with a lot of strategies… where did that come from?”

 

He was revealing too much about himself. He told her his real name, and he told her his past experiences and his family. He knew this was dangerous. His family is powerful. If she was dragged into this, his father is merciless and could do anything to stop them together — if he knew. That was why he didn’t want her to know. It was dangerous, and he didn’t want her to be threatened. She already had a hard time with her father and her family… He didn’t want to add this to her burden. 

But still, they are together, and they promised each other to face things together. 

 

She deserves to know. He thought. 

 

He took a deep breath and started. “I have left my family for many times. My father… well, my family… they… are powerful. My father wanted a good successor for his role and, like your father, he wanted us to sacrifice ourselves for the company. My older brother followed him and was such an obedient child. But I wasn’t. I didn’t want to follow those strict rules, and I didn’t want to do business. So, I ran away. I ran away from my family, multiple times. Every time I leave, I go somewhere, my father would always find me and send guards — yes the ones in the airport — those guards would drag me back to home, back to my cage.”

“But now I am here, so you don’t have to worry about me.” He forced a smile and reassured her. 

 

She stared at his brown orbs, as he continued. 

“For now, we’ll face your father first. We’ll face your father together, and convince him, that we can be together, and that… he can try to cancel your arranged marriage and give you some freedom.” He grasped her hands tightly and interlaced their fingers. 

 

“I understand your worries. You’re scared of what your father might do to you, to me, or to us. I’ve thought about that too. I wondered if we would end up like Romeo and Juliet, that we would be a tragedy. But we have the power, to change our own fates. We won’t end up like Romeo and Juliet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter