Farewell, my love

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taemin, I love you.” 

Her last words echo against his ears as the mansion door slammed shut. His dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears; his hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against his lost love. He bit his lip, as a lone tear traced down his cheek. 

Taemin tried to move from the guards’ grasps, but they were like handcuffs, locking him in place. 

He bit his lip. He considered if he could use his real, Korean identity against her father, to beg him to give her love, freedom, and hope. 

But, there were consequences and risks.

Naeun’s father seemed too rich, too powerful to do all these things - to kidnap his daughter and Taemin, and to own such a grand mansion. He imagined her family as one of the strong ones in Seoul. As soon as Taemin reveals his identity, connections will be made - Seoul’s upper class is small. Naeun’s father could easily call Taemin’s father… and… He could imagine… when his father knew where Taemin was, when his father could take him back home… can he still stay with Naeun? When his father finds out where he is, what he is doing… can they still be together? 

 

Chances were little.

 

If he reveals his identity, Naeun’s father would not kill Taemin - a man with background. If he doesn’t… Taemin himself could be killed, tortured, or whatever dirty things that the upper class does. 

 

But both ways wouldn’t bring him back to Naeun. 

Both ways wouldn’t tie them back together. 

Both ways will force them to separate. 

 

He chuckled darkly. Fate was playing on them. There wasn’t any way, any method or anything that he could do to get him back to Naeun. He was on the verge of despair. He let out a shaking sigh as he calculated his next steps, as what to do to Naeun’s father. He was in deep thought, but the mansion doors creaked open. 

 

A tall, young man walked out. Taemin scrunched his eyes and looked closely as the tall figure strides out. The guards pulled him up onto his knees, kneeling in front of the tall figure.

The figure wore a black suit, and strides out with confidence. Taemin scrunched his eyes to focus on the figure’s face. As his features came closer to Taemin’s view, he widened his eyes. 

 

It was his pen-pal. 

 

He still remembered his brother showing him his pen-pal’s photo as an attempt to make fun of this friendship. 

 

His pen-pal. Here, in front of him. 

 

He scanned his pal, and found a gun at the ends of his fingers. 

 

He took a deep breath and briefly closed his eyes to calm himself down. 

——————

Kai walked out of the mansion. He remembered his sister’s promise and mentally told himself to free the poor guy. Despite of the situation now, he had a tint of curiosity. He wondered who could gain his sister’s trust and love in a few months. His sister was unapproachable to men, and kept her distance. But who.. who could make her feel so loved? Who could make his dear sister, go down to her knees and beg for his life? 

 

He saw Francesco kneeling on the floor, staring at him blankly. Kai widened his eyes. Isn’t that... the son of... He thought in surprise. 

 

He was shocked, but years of practice and upper-class training reverted his face back to a bland expression. He observed the man kneeling in front of him. He returned the bland stare to Kai. Of course, being that family’s son... he has also enough training to hide his emotions... Kai thought. 

He blinked his thoughts away and asked. 

“Mr. Francesco? Is that right?”

 

Francesco remained silent and continued to stare blandly at him. Other people may think that Francesco is cold and silent, but Kai knew. Kai saw from years of experience, that this man, Francesco, is calculating. He is calculating his next steps. 

Kai knew, because he went through the same training, to hide his real feelings behind a mask. He remembered sharing it to his true friend, his pen-pal, whom shared the same pain as him. 

 

“K. You’re K.” A cold, rusty voice spoke. Kai regained his focus and found Francesco speaking up on him. 

 

Kai widened his eyes again, this time unable to contain his disbelief. There was only one person who knew this name of his. One person. 

 

“You’re K. My pen-pal.” He continued. 

 

Kai’s mouth opened in shock. He closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter