Love

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Francesco curled his fingers around hers and smiled lovingly at Marcella’s promise. 

“Since you’re not leaving me, then I won’t let go.” He joked and lifted up their interlaced hands. 

 

Hand in hand, they went on to the next ride. 

At the end of the ride, they stepped out into the hallway, and the floor tilted beneath them. Marcella gasped and tumbled to the side, knocking into Francesco. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her as his back crashed into the wall. They froze, neither daring to move while the hallway settled around them. He could feel Marcella’s heartbeat pounding, and when she met his gaze, her cheeks were flushed. He couldn’t keep his fingers from curling, just slightly, into the fabric of her blouse. His gaze drifted to her lips. He had a sudden intention to press his mouth against hers, to taste her lips. 

 

The broadcast broke his thoughts. “Please be careful of the uneven steps at the exit of this ride!” 

 

Startled, they blinked at each other. Francesco gulped and loosened his grip on her blouse. Marcella widened her eyes and stepped back from him. 

 

Francesco coughed awkwardly and pointed to the uneven steps. “B..Be careful of the steps.” 

 

She nodded. “S..Sorry.” 

 

They looked away from embarrassment. 

 

We were so close…we…could’ve…kissed… Marcella thought shyly, while Francesco felt a tinge of disappointment and silently mourned for their lost first kiss. 

—————

A few days ago, when Francesco and Marcella sat together with their friends, Minho interrogated them. 

 

“So.. you guys have been together for a month… did you guys have your first kiss yet?” He smirked, while the others snickered. 

 

Marcella turned bright red. Francesco gulped and shook his head. “We’re… not to that point yet.”

 

The friends widened their eyes in surprise and amusement. 

 

“WHAT?!” They shouted in unison. 

 

“It’s been a month and you haven’t kissed her yet?” Minho repeated.

 

“And I thought Francesco - you were quick!” Key exclaimed.

 

“Marcella!! How can you be so slow!” Eunji was furious. 

 

“My dear girl, don’t be shy!” Bomi teased. 

 

Only Krystal remained calm. “As expected… their progress is as slow as a turtle.”

 

Marcella slapped Krystal’s shoulder and glared at her. 

 

Francesco tried to defend for himself and Marcella. “Hey! It’s our relationship! We do whatever we want okay! You guys! Stop judging us!”

 

“Fine then…” Eunji muttered. 

 

“We’re just trying to give you guys suggestions! You’re both each other’s first love, and you can’t be too slow in these things!” Jonghyun explained. 

 

Marcella glanced slightly at Francesco’s side profile and bit her lip. 

Maybe it is my fault. I’m too shy… 

As if he could read her thoughts, he grasped her hand tightly and smiled reassuringly at her. 

“It’s not your fault.” He whispered. “We can take it slow together.”

—————

Back to the amusement park, Francesco sighed silently. It was true that they haven’t kissed yet, but that doesn’t mean anything. He glanced at Marcella’s tinted cheeks and smiled. 

He leaned into her ears and whispered. Don’t worry, there’s always next time. 

Her cheeks exploded in redness.

 

 

And so, a few days later, he invited her on a date, to the beach at the edge of New York city. 

She loved the beach. She dug her toes into the sun-warmed sand, scrunching and releasing them until she found the water-cooled grains underneath. The sound of the gentle waves made a soothing backdrop, accompanied by the cries of seagulls swooping overhead. She stretched her arms up to the sky and just sighed as she felt herse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter