Closer

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Francesco's pen pal is very useful. It might be very hilarious for a rich family's heir to actually have a pen pal, but it is true that he has a pen pal. Of course, he kept it a secret. His father will kill him if he knew someone who's a stranger. But he enjoys this mysterious friendship. Unfortunately, his brother sent him a whole load of information of that pen pal, which got Francesco pretty mad. He was smart enough to only press on the document then quickly close it. Still, that photo of his pen pal's face was stuck in his mind. "Well, it's not mysterious anymore! " He sighed. Through the communication with him and the pen pal, he also discovered that the pen pal used to be a student here, at Winterville. Sadly, that informs him the pal's rich background. He was secretly hoping that his pen pal wouldn’t be someone who’s rich at first, but now when he think about it, it is good to have someone who understands his pain. 

 

Francesco and his pen pal had talked, well written to each other for more than 10 years already. So, they are basically each other's best friends. Even though they have- well the pen pal haven't seen Francesco's face, but they know each other's personalities, hobbies and even lovelife! Although the pen pal didn't tell him anything about having a crush, but he knew that someone is on his best friend's mind. "I would like to meet her. " He once wrote. His best friend admits, finally but under a condition- to not tell ANYONE. Francesco rolled his eyes when he read this sentence. "I don't even know any of your friends and family, why and how would you expect me to tell someone? " He still chuckles at the thought. 

 

Anyways, his best friend told him that there will be a special rare lunch today and he advices him to sprint down the hall to the canteen once lunch starts because many people will run down too. Francesco trusted him, and they both know what food each other likes, so once the lunch bell rang, he stuffed his bag into his locker, then sprinted down the stairs. Once he ran to the queue, he met one boy. That boy's eyes glowed at the fried chicken. Francesco couldn't help to laugh at the boy's hungry expression. He has never tried this golden fried chicken, and he wondered how can that chicken just draw the boy's attention. After hearing his laugh, the boy looked at Francesco. He smiled like an angel and introduced himself while stretching his hand to him. "Hello! I'm sure you're a newcomer right? I haven't seen you around our campus before. My name is Lee Jinki, you can call me Onew! "  

 

Francesco was delighted. I've made new friends! Yes! My first step of starting a new life is going well! He quickly introduced himself and took his handshake. "I'm Francesco. Nice to meet you! And I am a newcomer. I don't mean to seem rude, but why were your eyes shining at those chicken? "

Onew was shocked. "WHAT?! How can you.... not..know? " 

 

A new voice echoed beside Onew and Francesco. "Dude, old man! He just said he is new, of course he wouldn't know! God. " Francesco turned his head to the new voice. "Oh, hi new person! I'm Kim Kibum, you can call me Key. " 

Francesco noticed that Key must be someone who knows fashion really well. Even with a full uniform on, he can still manage to shine with his accessories. 

While waiting the chicken to be ready, Francesco managed to meet four new friends in total. Onew, Key and two more boys- Jonghyun and Minho. They sat on the steps beside the field, enjoying their extra servings of fried chicken. 

 

"Why is Onew's nickname, old man? "Asked Francesco. 

"It's because he's the oldest out of all five of us. I think. Wait Franz- you're 19 right? " Said Key. 

"Yeah..." Replied Francesco.

Jonghyun interrupted him. "Where did Franz came from? "

"Oh! It's Francesco's new nickname. I'm really not bothered to pronounce such long names. " Said Key. 

Minho ignored him. "Back to your question, Onew is called old man because he is the eldest here, since he's gonna be 21 in December! " 

 

"WHAT?! Onew! You look so young! " Exclaimed Francesco. 

"It's because I drink milk and eat fried chicken! " Onew smiled. 

"Don't say that! Chicken is not good for your health! Franz, don't listen to him. "

"Onew, I really think you should stop eating fried chicken. "

"Yeah you're getting addicted to it..." 

"Why? Fried chicken is tasty! "

"Yeah fried chicken is yummy! This is the first time for me but it is surprisingly tasty! "

"Oh Franz, DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM! "

 

That's how, the young boys spent their lunch break. When they go back to their classes, Onew and Jonghyun goes to the other side of the campus, where college is. Minho and Key goes to the 4th floor, where the senior students are. 

————————-

On the other hand, Marcella ate lunch with other girls with Krystal. She met two girls while queuing the line for fried chicken. 

Two familiar figures ran to the line, being the 8th and 9th person for the fried chicken. 

"Eunji! Why are you so late? "

"Sorry Bom! I had to put away the equipment! "

Marcella examined both girls. Krystal smiled as she glanced at Marcella's reaction. 

Eunji...and Bom..Bomi? Is it really them?! She waited till they turn their heads towards Krystal and herself. 

When Eunji and Bomi turned their heads, they both widened their eyes and opened their mouth. Eunji reacted first. "OH MY! NA-" Krystal laughed and quickly covered and whispered into her ear. "Eunji, Naeun doesn't want people to know her real name..." 

Eunji, still shocked by the reunion, cleared and shouted. "OH MY! MARCELLA! WH-OH I can't believe that I'll see you again, here! "

Marcella laughed at her usual loudness and Bomi's wide open mouth expression. "Yes, I never knew that will happen as well. " Eunji, Bomi and Marcella held their hands. 

"N-I mean, Marcella! Is it really you? I missed you! " 

 

Marcella's family was very close to the Jung's. They were close business partners. They still are.

Their close relationship started before they were born. Eunji's mother- Mrs Jung and Marcella's mother - Mrs Son are best friends. They knew each other from Primary school and lasted their friendship even until now.  And since Eunji and Marcella are only one year apart, their moms always bring them to tea gatherings. 

And for Bomi, they met in a ball. Eunji and Marcella followed their families to a gathering ball with other families. They were 7 years old at that time. Marcella can still remember the funny first encounter with Bomi. 

The s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter