Disparity

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : Unedited

 

The sky was weeping for her. That was what she thought when she went out of the library. 

 

Francesco invited her to dinner, which she gladly accepted. One reason was her hunger, and another, was an opportunity for her to draw a line between them. Yes, she likes him. But that has to end now, to keep him safe. To be honest, she doesn't know where he is from and his background. All she know about him, is that he is from a rich family and from South Korea too. She doesn't even know his real name. She has wondered why he went with this name, instead of a real one, but thinking deeper, Marcella - herself was a fake name too, so she had no reason to suspect and even ask, the reason behind those fake names. She thought he had his reasons too. She shook her head. These thoughts had to be kept away. 

Thunder rumbled. Rain scattered across the land. She smiled sadly. They were composing a sad song for her.  

 

He saw her stressed expression. He wondered what's on her mind. 

 

The weather was not helping him, but he tried to be positive. Both of them forgot to bring a umbrella, so Francesco lent one from the librarian. 

Yes, one umbrella on purpose, so they could be closer. Francesco! How can you be so evil! He claimed to himself. Well, it wasn't that he purposely only lent one umbrella, it was because the librarian only had one left. He told himself. 

 

They walked in the rain. 

 

She sighed. This may be the last moment with him, but I'll cherish it. 

 

“Where are we going?” 

 

He saw her smiling at him. I wish you would share your worries with me, so I can lift them off your shoulders

 

“I know you like meat, so I found a restaurant nearby.”

 

Yes, they were able to identify their similarities through ‘spy-avoiding’ almost everyday, and she was surprised that they were so compatible. 

 

“Don't make excuses, I know you want to eat meat as well!” 

 

They laughed. 

 

They found a 2-seater table, sitting on opposite sides. 

 

He stared at her. God that stare, every time he looks at me like that, it feels like he is trying make me fall even more in love with him.... her heart thumped loudly against her chest. 

 

He was trying to read her thoughts. He wanted to know, what’s bothering her, he wanted to consult her, and comfort her. 

 

“What happened when I left to the washroom?”

 

The dreamy and pink atmosphere in her mind suddenly smashed apart. She was being reminded of the purpose of this meal. She tried to force herself to smile, and say: No, it’s nothing, just that I was hungry and thinking about dinner. But she couldn’t. With that stare, she just wants to spill all her worries and thoughts to him. 

 

 

She restrained herself. 

 

 

When she was about to open , to just say something that would hide herself, the waitress stepped in to serve the meat. Her attention turned to the sizzling meat. Francesco looked at her glowing eyes and laughed. He picked a piece of meat and place it onto her plate. Her eyes followed. 

She muttered a “Thank you” then started her meal. 

Looking at her joyful face, he decided not to bring up this topic again. Maybe I should not force open her heart’s door. 

———— 

He thought back when he saw her looking at the school’s map, and trying ways to avoid the spies. He didn’t know it was the spies back then, he thought she was just curious about the school. He sat on the empty seat beside her. She was circling points around corners of buildings. He asked: "Why are you circling the corners?"

 

She was too focused at the route and too annoyed at the spies to even care about who’s beside her. 

So she answered distractedly: “Because the CCTV’s are there.” As soon as she realised what she said to a random stranger, she clasped her hand on , thinking that it’ll stir up suspicions against her. She quickly looked up, with wide eyes. 

Francesco laughed. She looks cute, he thought. He held up his index finger, and put it in front of his lips. "I’ll keep your secret." He said. 

 

She didn’t tell him everything at first. But he knew more from the next day, when Krystal passed the paper planes in class to him. The spies were sent to bombard her with this only one message: Come back now. The spies were also sent to stalk her, and record her actions everyday, know her habits or the places that she frequently goes, just to follow her everywhere and remind her of the pris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter