His effort

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Unedited. 

 

 

He wanted to go into the art studio at that moment. He wanted to comfort her. He wanted to just go in front of Marcella and defend her from the mean girl. He wanted to protect her. 

 

 

When Key came back from the washroom, he saw Franz, staring into the gap of the art studio door. Key called Franz and he turned his head to Key.

 

“I..I’m gonna go in.”

 

“Yeah okay, I'll go with you.”

 

When Francesco turned his head back to the art studio and stepped inside, there was no one. The art studio was empty. 

 

“W..wait. I saw someone in here though, like literally just two seconds ago!”

 

“Ha! That's the best thing about our art studio! There's two linked together! See, here's the side door.”

 

Key pointed to the door at the back of the room. “Look! That's the door. Maybe those people you saw a second a ago went from this door to the other art studio.”

 

Francesco rushed to the door and slide it open, as another art studio came into view. But it was empty. 

 

They vanished. 

 

He frowned. Key reassured him. “Okay Franz, you're either hallucinating or they left throughout the door. Who are you looking for anyways?”

 

“Nevermind. I was probably hallucinating.”

 

But he knew he wasn't. The sight of her terrified expression is enough to imprint in his mind. 

 

He glanced occasionally at Marcella, and every time he looks at her, she is always turning her head and finding someone. The worried and frightened look on her face is enough for Francesco to follow her sight and look at who was scaring her. Every day he saw different people staring at Marcella, jotting down notes. He even caught sight of a student taking pictures of her. He went up to that student and interrogated her. 

"Excuse me, miss. Why are you taking pictures of other students and acting like a stalker?"

That student frowned, flinched and turned away.

Every day he saw people following her, secretly, like a spy. He soon realised that Marcella was being watched and he could tell that she is in distress because of it. Her kind and shy smiles slowly turned into forced ones. 

 

He wanted to help her. But how could he prove that he was right that Marcella was being watched? The only thing to do is to ask Marcella herself. But he couldn't, because that will mean that the spies will look at him as well. He decided to send paper planes. Not to Marcella, but to Krystal, who was sitting beside her. He wrote on the plane:

 

“Krystal. This is Francesco. Can you do me a favour and just write ok after you did this:

Please ask Marcella if she's being watched but through whispering not through my plane because this will attract the spies. 

Thanks.”

 

Krystal snickered when she saw the message. I didn't know Francesco was that interested in our Naeun! And of course, without asking, she obviously knew Marcella was being watched. They're best friends, of course she knows Marcella is bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter