You and I

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He patted her head gently when they arrived her mansion, hands tightly linked together.  

Marcella glanced around but found no one. 

She let out a relieving sigh and looked up to meet Francesco’s loving eyes. 

He said with a warm smile that erased her worries. “No one followed us or anything, I think the spies are gone. Maybe check your phone for any other threatening messages to confirm?”

She nodded and glanced slightly at their interlaced hands, then looked down from shyness. 

His smile widened. Cute. He thought. 

 

She said shyly. “We’ve… arrived…”

He chuckled and gestured her towards the mansion. “Yea, you can go inside.”

She tried to release her hand from his, but he held onto it tightly. 

“You’re still holding onto my hand…” She whined. 

“It’s okay, just bring me in as well!” 

She glared at him. “I live with Krystal and Jessica, you know that right?”

He lifted his eyebrows. “So if you live alone then you will bring me in?”

Her face flushed in bright-red and stuttered. “I…No…I didn’t say that…”

 

He laughed and let go of his hand against hers. “Fine, I’ll stop making fun of you. Go inside, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

———————————

Over the following week, no spies threatened her or approached her. They all vanished. She had never felt such peaceful and relaxing in her life in Winterville. She painted in studios, learned English, struggled for math, but now freely enjoyed the company of her friends and Francesco. 

It was the first time in a while that she could laugh freely with her friends. They would sit across the field, in the shade. Bomi often jokes around and pretends to be a gorilla, while Eunji adds on to the fuel and provokes her to do more. Krystal joins in and pretends to be a monkey with her face. Marcella would laugh at their faces until she ran out of breath. 

Eunji glanced at Marcella and got her to be the next target. “Right Na— I mean, Marcella! It’s your turn now! Give me the face of a… FISH!” 

She laughs slightly with embarrassment. “Fish? How do I copy that?”

Bomi gave her an example, opening and closing  to imitate a fish when it breathes underwater. 

Marcella giggled at that demonstration and follows suit, opening and closing and lowering her chin to imitate a fish’s face. 

———————————

Francesco sat with his friends on the other side of the field. He glanced over at her and chuckled at her weird and funny facial expressions. He turned back to his own friends and met four suspicious looks. 

 

“Oooo… lover Francescoo!!” Minho cooed. 

“Looking over at his beauty and his love…” Key added. 

“Are you gonna just sit and watch? Go get her!” Jonghyun urged, while Onew nodded furiously. 

Francesco smirked. “Guys, you don’t have to worry about me. I got her already.”

Key bursted out laughing. “What are you talking about? There’s no way you would be dating her now!”

Minho challenged him. “You might be saying that but I don’t think your dear Marcella there will think the same way as you. I’ll go up and ask her if you’re together.”

Jonghyun added. “Yea, we’ll all go up, and if she says no, you’ll be embarrassed!!” 

 

They all laughed and , while Francesco smiled silently with confidence.  

 

Onew noticed his expression and noted, “Guys, he might be telling the truth…”

They all turned and realised that Francesco wasn’t doing anything to stop them from going up to Marcella. 

 

“W.ait.. you’re not freaking out…”

“You’re not scared that Marcella will say: ‘No we’re not dating’?” 

“If you’re not embarrassed or worried or begging us to stop…”

 

The four of them shouted. “YOU’RE ALREADY DATING HER?!!!”

 

Francesco got startled by their loud voices, widened his eyes, turned quickly towards Marcella’s direction to ensure that she didn’t hear. He urged them. “Shhh! Shush!! You guys are so loud!! Do you want the whole school to know about us??”

 

The four remained shocked. 

 

“Wow Francesco… I didn’t not you were that quick.”

“Just a while ago you were whining about what to do with Marcella.. and now…”

“I underestimated you Franz…”

“When was this? You never told us!! ”

 

“About… a few weeks ago? Before the easter holidays.” Francesco answered calmly.

 

“WHAT?!! A FEW WEEKS??” They shouted in unison again.

 

Francesco rolled his eyes, “Can you guys please stop…”

 

Minho took a deep breath to calm himself down. “Ok fine, you’re with her now… then… how about… you arrange a blind date for us!”

 

“Good idea! I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter