Her Story

Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Family. The second wealthiest family in South Korea. And her, Son Naeun is the eldest daughter of that family.

 

Ivy and ferns twisted around the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind iron gates, accompanied by rows of crimson trees, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. The delicate marble fountain stood at the center, as the soft gurgling of the clear water resonated in the surrounding silence. 

 

My name is Son Naeun, and this majestic mansion is where I live. I am part of the Son family, who owns many buildings and businesses in South Korea. I was born into wealth, but I always thought that I won't be like those other rich girls where they brag and show off, so I try my best to treat everyone equally and kindly. We live in Busan and I really want to go to school, but my father stopped my from going to school since high school because he wants me to learn quietly with my private tutor. I tried to reject his idea and protest but... I had to follow his idea anyway.

I have two siblings, one is called Kai, and another is called Saeun. We live in Seoul, where father can manage his business with convenience. 

A lot of people might envy father's wealth, but our company is going downhill, which is a worrying fact. I hope my father will solve this problem. I have faith in him. 

Our mansion is huge, and many people will enjoy it, but if you've been living here for a while, you'll notice the empty hallways. The empty staircases. The empty rooms- to serve guests when they come. Excluding the normal routine of household work, our servants only come to the second floor when my mother- head of household calls them. The empty beds makes me feel lonely. The loneliness makes me feel uncomfortable, like its pinching my heart. 

Kai is always in the company, helping father. Saeun has a private tutor too, and she has way to many lessons. Father said it was for her own good because she is young. My sister has complained to it, and although I support her, I couldn't really oppose against him... he's my father- the leader, the judge, the strength of my family. 

 

 

I skip along corridors and I heard my father shouting at Mr Jung, our old housekeeper as well as my father's adviser.

"She has to sacrifice! It's for the company! " 

"B..But Mr Son! Miss Naeun is too young! She can't bear it! "

"We need her to marry that family's youngest son to earn profit! "

Marry?!

Me?!

I'm outraged. I always obeyed my father's orders, I listened to him, I respected him, and I admired him as my idol. But now, I stood still, frozen. I really want to scream across his room and ask why he had to sacrifice me, however I can't. I will be forced to marry that family's youngest son. I crumpled onto the floor feeling despair. 


And of course, I know that family. The one and only family that Son's are too frightened to even say the name of that family. They own tons and hundreds of stores, malls, hotels. If the Son family owns one quarter of the property in Korea, then that family owns more than half the property in Korea. They earn hundred and thousand times more than us. I understand why my father is so keen on this marriage because this could bring huge amount of money to our family-especially now our company is losing lots of money lately. 

I couldn't understand. Why must father sacrifice me? Did I do anything wrong to displease him? I kept asking myself these questions. But I knew this wasn't the case. I was just an object. An object for money, for the sake of my family. 

Regaining my senses, I stood up. Wiping my tears frantically, I sprinted back to my room, I can't let my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter