Chapter 9

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, at the campus, Taeyong found it’s strange – having people staring at him with the kind of gaze that a bit different than what usually he got. They’re still all over him, yes, ogling at him and such, but there’s something different. He couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

“Your face and Jaehyun’s been all over the internet since 2 days ago. I want to confront you directly, that’s why I held myself for not calling you.” Ten greeted Taeyong as Taeyong took a seat besides the Thai boy.

 Ten’s expression was a bit stern. It made Taeyong’s heart pounding hard, afraid if what he feared comes to reality.

‘No way! So, people finally found out about my relationship with Jaehyun? That’s why they gave me those gazes!’ Taeyong shook his head. His palms were covered with the cold sweat.

“Being Jaehyun’s manager? Stop wasting your precious gorgeous face, Taeyong! I’m sure you can become more popular than Jaehyun if you become a model!”

“Huh?” Taeyong confused.

Ten gave Taeyong the are-you-dumb look.

“Why did you not tell me, huh? That you’re actually one of Jaehyun’s managers? If I knew, I could learn from you. You know I’m pretending to become Johnny’s manager, and it’s ! I don’t know what to do, and it’s not like Johnny wants me to become his real manager. He never told me to do anything. But I still need to pretending, so…”

“Wait wait!” Taeyong felt confused. “What’s written on the sites?”

Ten clicked his tongue. “About how Jaehyun helps one of his managers from the crowded. People praise Jaehyun a lot for his good manners. But, most of them are more interested in you. They call you the hottest manager. They’re doubting you as Jaehyun’s manager, saying that maybe you’re a trainee, or Jaehyun’s junior who’s ready to debut. I even read a lot of things about you in Pann. You’ve gained a lot of fangirls and fanboys, dude. There’re a lot of petitions, asking the entertainment companies out there to recruit you as the idol.”

Taeyong laughed. He felt relieved.

“It’s not funny!” Ten rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Taeyong nudged Ten’s arm playfully. “You’re just jealous of me, Chittaphon. People are not talking about how good looking Johnny’s new manager is.”

Ten scoffed. “I hate you!”

“I love you too, best friend.”

“Eeew, no, thanks! I only need Johnny’s love.”

Taeyong laughed louder. “Funny, since it’s coming from you, who used to being clingy with me all the times.”

“Johnny got jealous easily, so I should behave.”

Taeyong slapped Ten’s back. “You love him that much, huh?”

Ten grinned widely. His eyes were twinkling. Whenever he remembers his boyfriend, he couldn’t help but feeling happy.

“Are you really Jaehyun’s manager, Taeyong? But you said he is your friend.”

Taeyong rubbed his own nape, feeling a bit nervous. Ten is a good observer. He usually could catch Taeyong whenever Taeyong lies to him.

“Yeah. Jaehyun needs a new manager, temporary, since he got busier lately. I just help him.” Taeyong said the lie with the certain voice. There’s no way Taeyong would say the truth! It’s too embarrassing for him. Moreover if his reason in becoming the manager is being compared with Ten’s reason.

“You should just become the model! Ugh! But, whatever!”

Taeyong laughed, ruffling Ten’s soft black hair. Glad Ten didn’t catch Taeyong’s lie this time. Even if Ten actually did, Taeyong just felt grateful since Ten didn’t try to dig it deeper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It’s 10 P.M when Jaehyun called Taeyong, doing the video call. Taeyong had been waiting for Jaehyun’s call since this morning, didn’t dare to call first because he knew how packed Jaehyun’s schedule was. They had not seen each other for 3 days in a row now, since Jaehyun had schedule in Japan. Taeyong couldn’t come with him because of school.

“You look tired.” Taeyong frowned. It’s only been 3 days, but Jaehyun already got skinnier. His skin was not in its best condition as well. “You have to drink a lot of water, Jae. And take vitamins. The summer heat this year is no joke. I heard your photo shoot was taken out-door too.”

Jaehyun smiled, showing off the cute dimples that Taeyong had missed a lot. “You look pretty, Taeyongie.”

Taeyong blushed. He cleared his throat for hiding his embarrassment. But he still could sense Jaehyun’s intense gaze on him, so he took the pillow to hide himself.

Jaehyun chuckled. “Hey, why are you hiding your face behind the pillow?”

“Stop calling me pretty!”

“But you’re pretty.” Jaehyun’s smile got wider when Taeyong took a peek from behind the pillow. “Lauren would agree with me. Oh, I called noona earlier, and Lauren talked to me too. She said she misses you a lot. She kept telling me to bring you over again.”

Taeyong finally put the pillow aside, smiling. “I miss Lau Lau too. Maybe I could come to her home tomorrow, after school.”

“Really? Thank you, Taeyongie….” Jaehyun beamed happily. It might be just an accident, maybe Jaehyun’s phone was slipping off his hand, making the camera shoot Jaehyun’s lips closer. Taeyong could only see Jaehyun’s plump lips right now!

Taeyong gulped, biting his lower lips. Oh, Jaehyun had no idea how Taeyong missed kissing those y and adorable lips!

“It’s a kiss.” Jaehyun finally had positioned his camera properly again, so now Taeyong could see his face.

“Huh?”

“I just gave you a kiss.” Jaehyun grinned slyly. “I wanna kiss you, but you’re not here, so I just kissed the camera instead.

Taeyong’s face blushed again, redder than earlier. But before he grabbed the pillow again, Jaehyun shouted quickly. “Don’t hide your face! You have to kiss me back.”

Taeyong groaned, pouting his lips. “No. I won’t kiss the camera. That’s gross.”

“I know, it’s better kissing me directly, right?” Jaehyun smirked teasingly. “Wait for me, Taeyongie. I’ll come back in 2 days. Then you can kiss me as much as you want. I won’t mind.”

Taeyong slapped himself mentally. Because what Jaehyun said was true. That’s what Taeyong would do later. It’s scary, sometimes, how Jaehyun could know what’s exactly inside Taeyong’s mind!

“Oh, have Yuta told you about the company vacation next week?” Jaehyun suddenly asked.

“In Hawaii? Yeah, he told me.”

“You’ll join, right? Please… say you’ll join. It’s the company’s reward for the workers.”

“But, I’m just the freelancer. Besides… I have school. I can’t skip school for a week in a row.”

“Oh, come on…, Taeyong hyung~ please… I want you joining it too. I’d be lonely without you.” It’s the rare time, when Jaehyun being sulky, spoiled, but cute.

Taeyong let out a soft chuckle. “I’ll think about it.”

“Taeyongie~~ Taeyongah~~ Yongie….hyuuuung~~~” Jaehyun still acted cute.

Taeyong rolled his eyes. “Jae, it’s not like we can play together in Hawaii later. People would notice.”

“I always can find the way. Come on, Taeyongie…. let’s go to Hawaii! Ne? Ne?”

Taeyong heaved a deep sigh. He was sure, later, they would be separated. Jaehyun is the important person in the company after all, meanwhile Taeyong is only the freelancer manager. Taeyong sure, the accommodation would be different. Their seat in the plane would be in the different class. Their hotel room would be separated far away. And of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter