Chapter 11

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hansol hyung, I’m sorry….for ruining your date with Yuta.” Taeyong whispered. His eyes were red and puffy, the effect of crying non-stopped for almost 4 hours.

“Ssssshh, it’s alright.” Hansol tried to make Taeyong relaxed as he rubbed his palms gently on the younger’s arm. “My date is important, but you’re more important. I don’t say Yuta is less important, but for me… you’d always be my priority, Tae. You’re my brother, not by blood, but by heart.”

Taeyong heaved a deep sigh and closed his eyes, resting his head on Hansol’s shoulder, feeling so thankful towards his best friend.

Hansol was supposed to have a dinner date with Yuta tonight, but then suddenly Taeyong called him, in tears, with broken voice.

“Hyung…. help me… please bring me back home… please bring me back to Seoul…”

Hansol thought Taeyong was hurt, so he hurriedly drive to where Taeyong was, only to find the younger crying alone while sitting on the empty street, far away from the town.

Taeyong was hurt. Though it’s not a physical pain.

So Hansol called his butler, arranging the sudden flight to Seoul using his father’s private jet as soon as possible. He didn’t bother bringing his clothes and suitcase from the hotel room, because the most important matter at that moment is Taeyong.

Taeyong was so grateful towards Hansol as Hansol didn’t demand him any explanation. Hansol was just saying “I’m here…. I’m here.” And that’s enough for Taeyong.

They had been in a jet for hours, Taeyong had lost the count, heading to Seoul. Taeyong felt like he had left a part of him in Hawaii. He would never feel completed anymore. He would never feel the same.

There would always be that missing part inside his heart, a deep and wounded hole inside his heart that could never be healed.

“I wish you’re my real brother, hyung.” Taeyong said in a soft voice as he still closed his eyes. “You won’t steal everything from me. You won’t steal my father’s trust. You won’t steal my mother’s affection and you won’t make her hate me. You won’t see me as a threat, and a dirt. You won’t let my inferiority eats me up alive for the rest of my life. You won’t steal my chance to finally lead a happy life. You won’t steal the only man I loved. And you will never hurt Jaehyun…”

Hansol pulled Taeyong closer, embracing him in a comforting hug. “I should’ve told you earlier about Myung Soo and Jaehyun’s past. I’m sorry, Tae...”

“It wouldn’t change anything, hyung. It doesn’t matter if they had history. My view on Jaehyun would never change just because he used to date my brother. What matter is… they would still be together, in the end.”

Taeyong sniffed, burying his face on Hansol’s chest. Hansol patted his head softly, lost of words. Oh, so that’s what happened. Hansol thought. Myungsoo had come back to Jaehyun, and Jaehyun… accepted him?

“Hyung, does broken heart always feels like this? Will it get better?”

Hansol tightened the hug as he kissed the top of Taeyong’s head. “Jaehyun is just an idiot for leaving you like that. It’s his lost. You deserve better, Tae.”

Taeyong chuckled, but his gaze was full of sorrow as the tears were still streaming down his face. “So it won’t get better…”

“The scar would always be there. It wouldn’t be forgotten. But, once you met someone new, who reached out his hands to hold yours and makes you see the sunlight again even though your world is filled with the dark clouds, you’d think that your present times and your future are way more important than your past. The scar would always be there. It’s part of you. But it’d less hurt than before. Because your ‘someone new’ took almost all of your attention, you’d have no time to think back of the old wound.” Hansol smiled.

Taeyong returned the smile as he wiped his tears away. “I’m happy for you, hyung. It’s what’ve Yuta done for you. I wish I’d meet my someone new, as soon as possible.”

“That someone is not the replacement, Tae. You can’t seek for the new lover just so you could replace Jaehyun in your heart. You can replace the wound, but you can’t replace people. It’d hurt both of you even more. Yuta is not the replacement of Jonghyun hyung. I didn’t want Jonghyun hyung anymore, I didn’t see he would take any part in my future, and I was ready to welcome someone new.”

“You can’t let the new one comes into your heart when you’re still yearning for the previous one. Fight until the end. Find out what’s you’re truly want. If Jaehyun come back for you, would you accept him?”

Taeyong smiled, his eyes were glistening with the tears. “I will. I don’t want anyone but him.”

Hansol nodded. “Then let’s find out what’s actually happened. Fight for him. Bear the pain. You’d never know what’s actually inside someone’s mind unless you ask for it. He might telling you lies, too, but you’d know the truth eventually.”

Taeyong tightened his arms around Hansol’s waist. “Thank you, hyung… for being honest with me, and for encouraging me. I should’ve not fled. I should’ve heard the story from Jaehyun’s side first before running away.”

“It’s alright, Tae. You can do it later, after calming yourself. Fight for Jaehyun until the end, but remember to stop when it has reached the end.”

Taeyong smiled and nodded. “Mmmm.”

Taeyong felt so lucky to have a best friend like Hansol. Hansol never gave him the sugary words that make him trapped in delusion. Hansol always comforts Taeyong and give him courage to face his problems at the same time, not pampering him with the false hope and fake affection.

Finally Taeyong realized. Yes, he was hurt. A lot. But it’s not fair to suddenly run away like this. He was blinded by his feeling. He rejected to hear the explanation or to find out the truth just because he’s hurting. He never knew what’s actually Jaehyun feel and think right now about the problem.

Just like what Hansol said, fight until the end, but remember to stop when it has reached the end.

Taeyong had still not fought until the end. He fled in the middle.

He assumed everything by himself, by what he had seen with his eyes, without trying to look deeper into it, to everything that couldn’t be seen with eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You did a good job. The pictures angle is dope! I can’t tell the kiss was forced.” Myungsoo smirked proudly, talking to the paparazzi on the phone. “I’ve sent the money. Yes, looking forward to work with you again.”

Myungsoo ended the call and picked up another call. “Hello. Of course, hyung! I’ve told you, haven’t I? It’s the effective way. Replace the old and rusty scandal with the new and hot one. Moreover Jaehyun is the hottest public figure nowadays. I’ve told you I had something with him in the past! Though I would never reveal our past. Yes, thank you for confirming my relationship with Jaehyun to public. Just stick with the plan, yes, we’ve been dating for 3 months, you know, like the usual, the cliché – whenever idols caught dating they’d say they’ve been dating for 3 months. What? Hahaha. Of course, now I can see the famous brands lining up to get me as their main model, again. I bet the drama producers would beg for my forgiveness too. Mmm. I know. Our CEO should’ve felt like that. Tell him to beg on his knees, then I’d consider to keep staying in his company.”

Myungsoo laughed, feeling really proud with what he had done. He should’ve done it sooner! With some tricks, voila! Now people all around the world believe that he and Jaehyun been in a relationship for 3 months. His company’s representative – whom he considered as his ally – had confirmed it.

Now, it’s useless for Jaehyun’s side to deny the relationship, because everyone had believed that their “3 months relationship” is real. Myungsoo had taken the step so much further ahead, and it’s impossible for Jaehyun’s company to break his plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yuta was really furious when the scandal broke.

“! They’re so sly!” Yuta threw his ipad on the bed, feeling annoyed and angry with the news – and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter