Chapter 4

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ten!” Taeyong ran quickly to catch up his best friend. He almost tripped and dropped his laptop and cake, but luckily he had good balance.

“TEN!”

“Don’t talk to me!”

“Ten, listen! I have no idea with this until today. I even didn’t know Johnny is Jaehyun’s friend. This is not a prank!”

Ten finally stopped walking. “This is totally your prank, Taeyong! I’ve asked my friends at Johnny fan club, they said Johnny doesn’t have any private event tomorrow!”

“That’s because the event is really private! Nobody knows! Look! Jaehyun will never pull a prank on you!”

“Jaehyun who?”

“The guy on the card. JJH. Jung Jae Hyun.”

Ten glared sharply at Taeyong. “You deserved a trophy for your brilliant acting, Lee Taeyong! There’s no way you know Jung Jae Hyun, the hottest and the most famous model nowadays!” Ten snorted. “You did a research really well, using Jaehyun’s name because Jaehyun is Johnny’s best friend, so then I’ll believe you. Good job, Taeyong.” Ten threw a sarcastic smirk then turned his heels away.

“Ten!” Taeyong grabbed Ten’s wrist. “I know Jaehyun!”

Ten gritted his teeth. “Prove it!”

Taeyong let out a heavy sigh, gaining a cold scold from Ten. “You can’t, can you?”

“I’ll prove it. But please be quiet.” Taeyong started searching Jaehyun’s name on his phone contact list.

“Hello, Jaehyun.” Taeyong the speaker mode, so Ten could hear what Jaehyun said.

“Hey, Tae! What’s up? Have you received the cake? Do you like it?”

Taeyong didn’t answer Jaehyun’s question right away but looked at Ten who was still putting on a poker face. “How could I know it’s really Jung Jaehyun only by judging from the voice?” Ten whispered a bit harshly.

Taeyong cleared his throat. “Yes…, Jae, I like it. Jae, are you… comfortable doing a video call?”

Taeyong heard a soft chuckle. “Why? Did you miss looking at my handsome face?”

Tayeong nodded quickly. “Yes.” Taeyong had not realized with what he just said. His eyes were still staring at Ten with a pleading gaze, secretly asking Ten to believe him.

“Wow! I never know you’re so blunt like this.” Jaehyun let out a teasing laugh. “Okay then. Let me call you first.” Jaehyun disconnected their conversation, then a second later calling Taeyong again, this time doing a video call.

“I just go back from the photo shoot, so I’m confident to do the video call with you.” Jaehyun greeted Taeyong with a wide grin.

Taeyong gasped loudly. ‘Holy ! Jaehyun looks really hot! I mean… Jaehyun always looks hot, but he looks hotter with the hair styled like that, and those eyeliners…! He looks like a y vampire!’  Taeyong didn’t say anything, only admiring Jaehyun and praising him silently.

Ten walked closer to Taeyong, took a peek from behind and then gasped. Tayeong hurriedly turned off the call.

“IT’S REALLY JUNG JAEHYUN!” Ten squealed, with his palm covering his mouth.

“Told ya.” Taeyong rolled his eyes as typing message to Jaehyun on kakao talk.

Taeyong : Jae, I’m sorry. Ten suddenly came.

Taeyong really think he deserves an acting award. He was lying so well!

Jaehyun : Don’t worry. You can call me again later.

Jaehyun : *sticker*

Taeyong almost dropped his phone when Jaehyun sent him a sticker of spongebob throwing hearts from the basket.

“TAEYONG, COME ON! DRIVE ME TO THE DEPARTMENT STORE! I NEED TO BUY NEW CLOTHES! GOD! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE! HOW COULD JOHNNY…? KYAAAAAAA!”

Ten hugging Taeyong super tightly, making the latter chocked. “Get off me!” Taeyong pushed Ten away, but the Thai boy hugging him again.

“I must have saved the nation in my previous life!”

“Stop screaming! You make me deaf!”

“I LOVE YOU, MY BEST FRIEND!!!” Ten kissed Taeyong’s cheek, and then ran away before Taeyong could kick his .

“Eeeeewwww!” Taeyong rubbed his cheek with the tissue. “You’re so gross, Ten! I hate you!”

“I love you too, best friend. Come on, come on! Hurry up! Tomorrow is a special day for me! I have to look stunning in front of Johnny!”

“I ing hate you Chittaphon!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******* ~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day…

Taeyong was really happy for his best friend, Ten. Johnny welcomed Ten like a prince ever since he stepped inside the gate.

“Did I just walk on the red carpet full of the rose petals?” Tayeong mumbled, looking around. It’s like he was walking inside a castle.

But Ten was just ignoring him as soon as Johnny greeted him, held his hand, guiding him inside. Johnny treated Ten really gently. Taeyong still can’t believe the idol had rented the entire restaurant just to hold this special “fan meeting”, which is the guests are only Ten and Taeyong.

Taeyong was left out. He felt like crying. Where’s Jaehyun? Jaehyun said Taeyong would not become the third wheel! But here he was… sitting alone, looking at his best friend being treated like a real prince by Johnny.

Taeyong turned his head when a man with Mickey Mouse costume walked inside, holding a super big box with pink ribbons. The Mickey Mouse man gave the box to Ten, making Ten squealed like a happy kid. Taeyong knows how much Ten likes Mickey Mouse. Not as obsessed as Taeyong with Spongebob though.

Taeyong didn’t expect the Mickey Mouse man woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter