Chapter 8

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong was too busy thinking, so he didn’t realize when Jaehyun step into the room, walking closer to him. “How are you feeling? Do you still feel nausea?” Jaehyun put his big palm on Taeyong’s forehead, making Taeyong startled as blinked his eyes nervously. The problem is, Taeyong had been thinking about Jaehyun, and about what Lauren had said earlier, then suddenly Jaehyun popped out in front of his eyes like this.

“Uncle, have you finished cooking?” Lauren’s question luckily saved Taeyong as Jaehyun diverted his eyes to his niece who was still eating the chocolate bar on the bed, besides Taeyong.

“Lau Lau, what uncle said about not eating on the bed?”

Lauren pouted then stuck out her tongue. Jaehyun sighed, but then gave Lauren a big grin and ruffled her curly hair affectionately.

“Let’s have dinner!” Jaehyun turned his head, looking at Taeyong again, who had been manage to calm his heartbeat by now.

Taeyong nodded, but before he was able to stand up, Lauren hugged his arm tightly. “Nooooo!”

“Lau Lau, Tayeong have to eat.” Jaehyun’s voice was a bit stern. “You can play with him later. Come on, Lau Lau, you have to eat as well.”

Lauren shook her head. “Uncle’s princess can’t go out of this room! No! He can, but uncle have to carry him!”

“Huh?” Jaehyun confused.

“Uncle should carry uncle’s princess like before.” Lauren swung Taeyong’s arm and glared at Jaehyun with her big rounded eyes, looking more adorable, but Taeyong didn’t want anything right now aside of digging a deep hole and burying himself, far away from Jaehyun!

What would Jaehyun think of his niece calling Taeyong as Jaehyun’s princess?! Taeyong already felt embarrassed to think of what’s the answer’s possibility. Jaehyun clearly wouldn’t like it.

But, to Taeyong’s surprise, Jaehyun bent down, put his arm under Taeyong’s hips and the other arm on Taeyong’s back, carrying Taeyong bridal style.

“Like this?” Jaehyun smiled to his niece.

Lauren pulled her grip away from Taeyong’s arm and then squealed loudly, clapping her hands as her eyes twinkling cutely. “Yes… yes…”

“Come on, Lau Lau, follow us.”

Lauren complied, walking behind Jaehyun with a light step, slightly jumping from time to time because her uncle finally understood and played along with her, making her feels really happy.

Taeyong didn’t dare to look up. It’s embarrassing! Really!

So, on the way to the dining room downstairs, Taeyong was only hiding his face behind his fingers and burying it on Jaehyun’s chest.

“Princess, do you like it?” Lauren suddenly asked Taeyong cheerfully.

“Huh?” Taeyong peeked from between his fingers.

“Do you like it when uncle carrying you like that?”

Taeyong’s mouth was slightly open, unable to answer. He never guessed the innocent Lauren actually was as cheeky as her uncle!

Lauren was giggling, as if teasing Taeyong. Jaehyun was not helping either by letting out a soft laugh.

If Taeyong said he didn’t like it, then Lauren would feel upset, also it would be a completely lie! Because in fact, Taeyong really liked it! How couldn’t he?! Being held carefully and dearly by Jaehyun, feeling Jaehyun’s warmth emitting from his soft glowing skin, feeling his steady heartbeat, his alluring scent, his warm breathe, his husky voice – so damn close like this – Taeyong really liked it!

“Yes. I like it.” Finally Taeyong answered Lauren’s question with a soft voice, making Lauren squealed again, and Taeyong swore he catch a glimpse of Jaehyun’s smug smile, even though it’s only briefly as the latter put his uninterested expression again quickly when Taeyong was looking at him.

Taeyong bit his lower lips to restrain himself from smiling.

Jesus! This is really embarrassing! Taeyong said again silently inside his head for the nth times. But he couldn’t deny it, when he felt the joy engulfing his heart as much as he felt the embarrassment.

Maybe he should thank Lauren later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******* ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The dinner was nice and went well. At first, Taeyong was really nervous to have dinner with Jaehyun’s older brother and sister in law. But the nervousness was melting away once Jaehyun’s brother, Joon Myeon, gave him a really warm and welcoming smile. As if he was really happy to see Taeyong!

There’s something familiar in Joon Myeon’s smile, as if he’s also already familiar with Joon Myeon, despite this night was their first meeting. Taeyong was wondering what make him think like that. Then when Jaehyun and Joon Myeon laughed at the same time, finally Taeyong could pinpoint it. Jaehyun and Joon Myeon had the identical smile and laugh!

Taeyong liked having conversation with Joon Myeon. He asked Taeyong many things, but it didn’t feel like the interrogation, so it made Taeyong relax. Taeyong liked Joon Myeon’s awkward sense of humor too, now he got it from where Jaehyun learned it.

Everything was okay, but not until Lauren said something unexpected, making everyone speechless.

“Mommy, Daddy, please let Lau Lau stays at home tomorrow with uncle Jaehyun and uncle Taeyong. Lau Lau doesn’t want flying to China. Lau Lau already asked uncle Yuta. He said tomorrow uncle Jaehyun doesn’t have any schedule. Look…” Lauren even showed her parents the kakao talk conversations between Lauren and Yuta.

Kid these days! Taeyong was amazed.

“Are you sure, Lau?” Joon Myeon asked her, a bit worried.

“Eung!” Lauren nodded quickly.

 Joon Myeon heaved a deep sigh before talking to Jaehyun and Taeyong. “Are you guys okay with it? Babysitting my daughter?”

“Hyung, Lau Lau is not a baby anymore. I can handle her.” Jaehyun gave his brother a reassuring smile.

But Joon Myeon was still giving him the uncertain look. “Lauren is more… clever now.”

Jaehyun got it. “Clever” as in being “mischievous”.

“I don’t know how to handle a child, but… Lauren is nice. I think we’ll get al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter