Chapter 5

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did I do something wrong? Why are you suddenly being cold like this?! You’re supposed to be the flirty and annoying Jung Jaehyun, not the cold cynical Jung Jaehyun.” Taeyong was still keep trying talking to Jaehyun, but Jaehyun kept ignoring him, didn’t spare him a glance at all.

Taeyong frowned. He could see how hard Jaehyun grips the steering wheel, and how cold and distant his gaze was. Taeyong was wondering what’s inside Jaehyun’s mind right now, because the model seemed have a lot of things in mind, as if he was carrying the weight of the world just by himself.

“At this point you could kill both of us! Stop the ing car! Let me drive!” Taeyong screamed.

Jaehyun pulled the car to the side of the street. “Look, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t…”

“Shut up, Jae! I’m tired listening to you saying sorry.” Taeyong cut off, his tone was sharp, and his gaze was hurt.

“I shouldn’t let you kiss me, and I shouldn’t have the thought of kissing you.”

“So you did want kissing me too. Then, what’s stopping you?” Taeyong kept cornering Jaehyun. He was not afraid of confronting the model. It’s better than keep wondering his feeling alone.

Jaehyun heaved a sigh. “It’s not… right. We shouldn’t do that.”

Taeyong smirked. “Oh, being a saint, aren’t you?”

“Taeyong, you don’t understand.” Jaehyun’s voice seemed tired.

“Then make me understand!” Taeyong’s glare to Jaehyun now became sharper.

Jaehyun pressed his own lips tighter, as if trying hard to shut his mouth, to not spill something.

“I like you.” Taeyong suddenly blurted out, making Jaehyun’s eyes widen in surprised.

“Stop joking around.” Jaehyun’s cold voice just adding the new scar to Taeyong’s heart, but Taeyong didn’t mind. He kept talking.

“I’m not joking. I like you, Jung Jaehyun. It’s the first time I’m saying I like someone.” Taeyong was looking straight into Jaehyun’s orbs, trying to be brave even though he was really afraid. Taeyong knew very well, Jung Jaehyun had been just playing around with him, never liking him as how he likes the model. For a moment, they were just staring at each other. Taeyong was still searching for something in Jaehyun’s eyes, but he didn’t find it. He didn’t see his own reflection in those beautiful eyes.

“You’ll get hurt.” Jaehyun whispered.

“I know.”

“You should’ve not liking me.”

“Then make me stop liking you. Be my boyfriend for 3 months. After those 3 months, I promise I’ll try to stop liking you.”

“That’s stupid! You’ll just get hurt more.” Jaehyun’s eyes softened. He never knew Taeyong was so stubborn like this.

Taeyong shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. It’s my feeling, not yours.”

Jaehyun flashed him a half smirk. “You’re such a masochist, aren’t you?”

Taeyong shrugged again. “Maybe. And maybe that’s why I’m attracted to you. You’re such a sadistic, Jae…”

Jaehyun laughed, but the laugh didn’t reach his eyes. Those brown eyes were still as cold as the ice. “Someone made me like this.”

“Do you still like that someone?”

Jaehyun didn’t reply right away. His eyes looked distant, until he finally whispered. “I don’t know…”

“Then find out about that. Be my boyfriend for 3 months. If you could liking me back, then I’ll stay. But if not, then I’ll go out of your life for forever and keep my promise to try to forget you.”

“3 months are too short.”

“What? I didn’t get it. Seriously, you’re so complicated, Jae.” Taeyong shook his head cutely.

Jaehyun smiled. “There’s a research saying that to find out someone’s true feeling and true color at least needed time for 6 months. After 6 months you’ll also find out about your true feeling towards me. Is it just a crush… or love. You’ll also find out everything about me behind this mask.”

“You’ll also find the true me. It doesn’t matter. It’s not like I hide something from you.”

But I hide a lot of things from you. Jaehyun said silently.

“So, it’s a deal then? You’ll become my boyfriend for 6 months?”

Jaehyun nodded. “Alright.”

“But I have conditions!”

Jaehyun let out a soft chuckle. “What?”

“Don’t date other people for 6 months! I should be your only one. And you should treat me like the real boyfriend.”

Jaehyun furrowed his brows. “Isn’t it harder for you? What if…”

“Jae! It’s my feeling! I’ll do what I want. And you can do what you want. Just remember those conditions!”

Jaehyun nodded. “Alright.”

“Do you have any condition?”

Jaehyun’s gaze softened, making Taeyong’s heart throbbing in anticipation. “If you can’t bear being with me for those 6 months, if you think it’s too hard for you, and if maybe I hurt you a lot, you could go away anytime you want.”

“Okay.”

Jaehyun’s brows furrowed again, didn’t guess Taeyong would agree with his idea.

“Just prepare your heart, Jae.”

“Huh?”

Taeyong leaned in, getting closer to Jaehyun’s face and whispered in a low tone. “Prepare your heart because I’ll do anything to make you love me.”

Taeyong pulled away and then whispered silently to himself. I should prepare my own heart too, because who knows Jaehyun would break my heart more than what he did today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyong had to tell his problem to his best friend and ask for solution or maybe advice. He knows he can’t get it from Ten, since the Thai boy hadn’t experienced this kind of thing and now was so in love with Johnny Seo, so maybe instead of giving him some reasonable sense the Thai boy would just give him some sugary words. Yeah, sadly, not everyone has the beautiful and fairy tale love story like Ten.

Taeyong couldn’t get it from Kai, since Kai was a playboy and maybe had never fallen in love for real. Taeyong couldn’t get it from Sehun too, since that friend who shares the same liking of spongebob was too innocent. So his choice finally fell on Hansol.

Taeyong stirred his bubble tea cup, waiting for Hansol to say something. Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter