Chapter 12

Artificial Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I regret taking my summer school.” Taeyong wrapped his arms around Jaehyun’s waist, hugging the taller from behind. Jaehyun giggled, turned his head, and pecked Taeyong’s cheek lightly before focusing on his cooking again. He was cooking corn soup and beef sandwich for breakfast.

“I should’ve just enjoyed my summer holiday like Kai hyung. Should’ve not worried of holding back a semester.” Taeyong buried his face on Jaehyun’s back. “If only I had your brain, Jae. I didn’t have to retaking some classes. I didn’t have to attend the summer school! I want to be with you all day long!”

Jaehyun patted Taeyong’s arms softly. “I can disguise myself and attend the classes with you, if you want.”

Taeyong groaned. “No way! People would recognize you even if you’re wearing the mask! Unless you disguise yourself as a girl and put on a heavy make up.”

“I could do that.”

Taeyong giggled as he put his chin on Jaehyun’s shoulder, still back hugging Jaehyun. “Really?”

Jaehyun nodded. “Mmm. When cross-dressing, I could become prettier than Hani noona. You know, Hani EXID?”

Taeyong laughed. “No way! You’re handsome, not pretty! And I prefer you’re handsome to pretty.”

Jaehyun turned around then enveloped Taeyong in a warm embrace. “I promise you’d see me here when you back from the school later.”

Taeyong nodded. “Alright. What time Yuta would pick you up?”

“He said 11. So I can drive you to school. I’m sure Hansol hyung wouldn’t mind if we borrow one of his cars?”

Taeyong shook his head. “I better go alone, Jae. You should rest. I know you haven’t slept properly for these past few days. Ugh! I should’ve just let you rest last night.”

Jaehyun smiled, there’s a teasing glint in his eyes. “But last night was fun.”

Taeyong rolled his eyes. “Right. But not until you asked me to show you my old pictures. God! I’m so ugly when I was kid! And why does Hansol hyung still keeps my ugly pictures?!”

“Hey! You look cute, Taeyongie hyung.”

Taeyong scoffed. “Chubby, fat, and ugly!”

Jaehyun shook his head. “You’re cute, and those pretty eyes never change since you’re kid.” Jaehyun pinched Taeyong’s nose lightly. “Taeyongie, don’t be afraid of being fat! I’d still love you even if you become fat again. So, eat a lot of delicious foods. Don’t holding back yourself. You can eat your favorite cakes and chocolates as much as you want.”

Taeyong giggled. “Alright.”

Jaehyun ruffled Taeyong’s hair, looks like a big bro rather than the younger one. Taeyong snuggled closer to Jaehyun’s chest, looks like a cute cat seeking for more warmth and affection.

“Let’s eat breakfast, mmm?” Jaehyun was persuading in a lovely voice.

“Feed me.”

Jaehyun chuckled and pecked Taeyong’s lips. “Ok, but eat a lot, alright? You’ve become skinnier. It hurts my heart.”

Taeyong nodded as he tightened the hug. Everything still feels surreal for him. He still couldn’t believe Jaehyun is here with him, holding him in his arms, pampering him, and making him smile not because of their silly agreement – pretending to become lovers for 6 months – but truly because of love.

For Taeyong, it doesn’t matter if people all around the world believe Jaehyun is in a relationship with Kim Myung Soo, because Taeyong had known what’s inside Jaehyun’s heart and mind right now. Taeyong didn’t need people’s recognition. His love story is not for public’s consumption.

But if he could choose, he wants people know that there’s nothing between Jaehyun and Myungsoo. It annoys him whenever his classmates or even random people he met on the street squealing and saying “Jaehyun and Myungsoo look good together.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Right after Taeyong stepped out of his organic chemistry class, Hansol greeted him with a wide cheeky grin.

“Hyung! Why are you here?”

Hansol shrugged. “I’m bored. Yuta has something to do in the company.”

“But didn’t you have any class today? Where have you been? Why did you not come back home last night?”

“I’ve ditched my summer school too often, and I don’t feel like studying today, it’s too hot! Damn! My brain can’t functioning well! So I drop it. I’ll just retake the classes next semester.”

Taeyong sighed. It’s a pity, but knowing Hansol, he couldn’t do anything to change Hansol’s mind. Besides, Hansol has a lot of money anyway. Taeyong wants to drop his summer school as well, but it’s a waste of money, and he doesn’t want taking too many classes next semester as he wants to focus on his research more.

“Oh, and I’m at Yuta’s place last night. Come on! Let’s have lunch and tell me everything, Tae! I know your next class would be started in 1,5 hours so we have plenty times.” Hansol dragged Taeyong to the cafeteria nearby.

Hansol ordered a lot of foods, but Taeyong didn’t feel like eating. Cafeteria’s food tastes like a crap compared to Jaehyun’s wonderful cooking! So, he only ordered desserts.

“Tell me everything. I mean everything, you know.” Hansol grinned. Taeyong took a deep sigh and started talking.

“WHAT? JUST THAT? HOLY! HOW COULD YOU GUYS ONLY SPEND THE NIGHT BY TALKING AND SHOWING OUR CHILDHOOD PHOTO ALBUMS?”

“Eeew! Gross! Don’t talk when your mouth is full, hyung!”

Hansol’s eyes were still wide, staring at Taeyong dumbly. “Jesus!” Hansol face palmed. “Tae, I didn’t comeback home last night so you and Jaehyun could do anything you want without afraid of me finding out, or bumping into you guys in the kitchen, living room, or anywhere. Yesterday is the perfect time you know! My parents are on a business trip to Jeju. ! I can’t believe you waste the chance, Tae!”

“Chance of what?” Taeyong asked innocently.

“Listen, based on my analysis, Jaehyun is an adventurous type, so I thought you guys would in the kitchen, in the living room on the couch or on the floor I wouldn’t surprised, in the dining room on the dining table is also possible, or in the bathtub in the bathroom definitely, or anywhere in my house even in the garden or swimming pool!”

“OMG! My ears!” Taeyong freaked out as he covered his ears with both of his palms.

Hansol glared sharply as he folded his arms in front of his chest. “Tae, come on! You’re an adult! It’s not a taboo thing to be discussed. Jaehyun loves you, you love him.”

“But love is not all about… .” Taeyong whispered, fidgeting.

Hansol nodded. “Yeah, but it helps the sparks stay, and it’s a part of loving someone. Didn’t you want having all of him? Didn’t you want feeling all of him? His heart, his soul, his mind, his skin and flesh and bones? Unless the love you feel towards Jaehyun is a motherly love, so yes, you wouldn’t want having with him.”

Taeyong sighed. “I’m just… I don’t know what to do.”

“Then just let Jaehyun take the lead.”

Taeyong blinked. Twice.

Hansol frowned. “Jaehyun never talked about it? Or asked you? Or maybe gave you a hint using his gestures?”

Taeyong shook his head. “No. Is that means… he doesn’t love me?”

Hansol smiled. “Don’t be silly! I can feel the tension, but maybe Jaehyun put your feeling first over everything. Maybe he knows you’re still not ready. Just… don’t push him away if… you know…” Hansol shrugged. “Jesus! I’m sorry for being such a jerk, Tae! It’s not because I want taking control over your love life, but…”

Taeyong chuckled softly. “It’s alright, hyung. I’m thankful to have someone like you. We can always talk about everything.”

“I also could give you some tips you know.” Hansol winked, making Taeyong burst out laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In the night, during dinner at Hansol’s home.

“Taeyong~ah, you’re my son. It doesn’t matter if you stay here for forever. I know you’re alone at your home too. Just stay here longer…or how about during this summer? Just go back home later, ne?” Mrs.Ji patted Taeyong’s hands. She’s still not ready letting go Taeyong.

“Mom! Taeyong has Jaehyun, you know.” Hansol rolled his eyes.

“Oh.” Mrs.Ji smiled knowingly. “Right, you have a boyfriend now. No matter what, you’re still a baby in my eyes, Tae.” Her eyes when saying those words were so tender. She shifted her gaze on Jaehyun. “Please take care of Taeyong. Please love him with all of your heart. And please don’t make him cry.”

Jaehyun smiled and nodded. “I will, Mrs.Ji.”

“Thank you.” Mrs.Ji wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes, and then glanced at Taeyong back with a warm smile, like a mother who’s proud of her child for finally finding a decent man whom she can trust.

Taeyong bit his lower lips, touched by Mrs.Ji’s kindness. It should’ve been his own mother who did this, but Taeyong knows better than anyone, his mother would never do something like this for him. For her, Myungsoo is her only son.

“I’ll find a way so people would know your relationship with Myungsoo actually is fabricated. It wouldn’t be easy. Entertainment businesses are dirtier than you think. That’s why I don’t want expanding my wings to the entertainment world.” Mr.Ji said.

Jaehyun smiled. “Thank you, Mr.Ji.”

“Dad! You’ve already had too much to handle! Please don’t inherit me too many weights! If you ever think of expanding to the entertainment world… I’d dying because of the exhaustion!”

Mr.& Mrs.Ji, Taeyong, and Jaehyun were laughing because of Hansol’s whine.

Tonight was the last day Taeyong having dinner with Mrs.Ji, Mr.Ji, and Hansol. He was really thankful for the Ji family. He knows he could never stand strong like now without their helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaehyun had a lot of fashion shows and photo shoots to do. It made Taeyong rarely spends the time with him.

Taeyong was glad people didn’t make a fuss over Jaehyun’s dating scandal. People still love him as much as before, and he even gained a lot of new fans, half of them are Myungsoo’s fans, the shipper. They call themselves as MyungJae shipper.

Taeyong just laughed it off. He thinks JaeYong sounds better. But of course only his best friends and Hansol’s parents who know about JaeYong. Like what Taeyong said earlier, it doesn’t matter if people think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter