Place 7: Theater

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV  

 

“I can’t do it right now. I have a schedule to attend, don’t you remember?” I replied to my manager while fixing my bow tie.

 

I was almost done dressing up for my senior’s show. She also starred at the very first drama I filmed and she guided me well so I’m attending her invitation to one of her shows this afternoon.

 

My manager, on the other hand, is telling me to go see our CEO first before he calls me because it would be more “proper” and “respectful”.

 

For the record, I didn’t do anything wrong. If I ever did, I wouldn’t hesitate to run up to Mr. Soo Man’s office and apologize. But that’s clearly not the case. I also think that the whole thing’s an accident. I know that need to know more.

 

If I could only talk to her right now.

 

After a long series of arguments, my manager finally gave in and took me along with Sehun to the show. Only just because we bribed our kind manager a huge meal this afternoon. Sehun doesn’t have anything to do at the dorm so I tagged him along. My manager also thought that I could use a company to protect me from the hidden cameras of sneaky paparazzi roaming around me.

 

We later reached the Theater as the show started. We’re a few minutes late but that’s better for me because I need to avoid the crowd outside the theater.

 

Seohyun sunbaenim is a very good actress. I also starred a few plays myself and it’s quite fun.  A montage of my theater performances flashed on my mind. I was a rookie who knew almost nothing about the show business. I can only rely to my seniors who helped me a lot through my path to stardom. Super Junior, Dong Bang Sin Ki, Shinee, Girls’ Generation sunbaenimdeul, and a lot of others. I owe a lot to them especially her, Taeyeon. I swatted my hand across all those thoughts of her. I need to focus on something else.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” asked Sehun. “Yes, I am. I just remembered something bad.” I replied.  He shrugged and continued watching.

 

The story of the play is about a rich, young, stubborn woman who loves a poor guy. They somehow met outside the girl’s mansion and talked about how they love each other. It’s beautiful. They talked about that instead of talking about the criticism of the people around them.

 

Seohyun, who plays the woman leans into the guy for a kiss. My thoughts about my ex came back to me when the show’s almost over. My head’s overriding again. I need a distraction.

 

We were sitting on the 4th row and now that I thought about it, I looked around the theater. I scanned the crowd to spot a few people I know. Maybe my other seniors are here. I look from left to right but I saw no one familiar. I decided to look at the row above ours. Then I met her eyes.

 

No way. I must be seeing things again. But it’s very possible she’s here. She needs to support her precious dongsaeng. Seohyun’s a member of Girls’ Generation too.

 

I stared at her then she recognized me.

 

She’s as dazzling as always. She’s wearing a blue silk knee-length dress. I didn’t know how to react properly so I avoided her gaze, obediently bowed my head a bit and turned around fast.  Now my heart’s pounding off my chest.

 

“Are you really okay? You’re look very tensed.” Sehun asked me.

“Um, why don’t you just focus on the show…? Don’t worry about me. I’m really okay.”

 

That’s an obvious lie. I think I’ll explode. She’s over there. I could simply stand up, walk to her, take her hand and drag her out. I want to talk to her so bad but I should calm myself down.

 

I must be out of my mind. I mustn’t do anything stupid.

 

 

A/N

SPOILER ALERT! He's already stupid sooo...

 

Okay folks! I almost died fangirling while making this and the next chapter. I just can't!!! Omg. Comment down if you feel the hype and subscribe too!!!