Place 10: In the Same Place

Places I Go

 

Taeyeon POV

 

It’s eleven minutes past 11 o’ clock. Once again, I'm riding  my van back to my house this late. I was recording a soundtrack for a drama. Now, I'm heading back to my apartment looking forward for some sleep.

 

My manager dropped me at the entrance of the building and reminded me of my schedules tomorrow. The van left as I headed inside.

 

I rode the elevator to the 9th floor. The residents must be all asleep now. I'm walking alone in the hallway. Though I live alone, I still hate feeling alone especially on hallways so I walked faster to my apartment. I abruptly stopped. A shiver went down my spine. There's a person by my door.

 

He’s sitting on the floor with his head on his knees, probably sleeping or crying. I don't know.

 

“J-j-jeogiyo”, I stuttered slightly poking his shoulder.

I got startled as he immediately lifted his head. Unbelievable.

 

“Yah! What time is it? Why are you here? What if someone saw you?”, I nagged at Baekhyun who’s standing up in front of me.

“Uhm noona, you're here”, he said rubbing his eyes.

 

“How did you know where I live?”, I asked.

“I have my ways”, he answered casually as if it's not creepy enough for me to see him during this this late of a night.

 

I looked at him with my hand on my waist.

“Please go home Baek. I don't think we should meet again”

“We’ve tried the 'not talking’ way already. Can you please hear me out first? I've come a long way to talk to you”

 

I clicked my door code until it opened and headed inside without looking back at him. I closed the door immediately but he caught the door with his hand. I closed the door hard.

 

“Aww!!! Apeo!!! (it hurts)”

 

I opened the door and looked at his red fingers.

“Oh my God! I'm so so sorry!!!”

I took his hurting hand and I blew on it to lessen the pain. I got so worried. There’s blood. Oh my God. Am I that strong?

 

I led hid inside not letting go of his bleeding hand. I told him to sit for a bit as I rushingly look for my first aid kit.

 

I came back with a box containing supplies for healing injuries. I took care of his hand even if my own are trembling because of being too scared.

 

While I was tending his hand, he just looked at me in amusement. If I didn't cause his injury, I would've smacked his smiling face with my trembling hand right now. He’s provoking my inner evil Taeyeon.

 

I finished it by putting pink band-aids on his index and middle fingers.

 

“That's it? You won't kiss it to heal faster?”, he said pouting at me like an annoying kid.

“No”, I sternly replied.

 

“Okay. If this didn't heal faster, I'll tell my members that my ex is so angry at me that she even resorted to hurting my precious ha--”

I quickly took his hand and kissed it without waiting to hear his whole statement. He looked at me satisfyingly. Ugh, I really hate his guts right now!

 

“You used to love it”, he said as if he can hear my thoughts.

 

“Don't ever tell this to anyone. Not even your parents! Or else you won't live another day”, I warned him.

 

“Speaking of my parents, they're gonna worry so much if they see this. They might die early because their son gets this kind of treatment from the girl they use to see as their daughter”

 

I closed my eyes tight and put my hands together as if I'm praying. I started apologizing to the air.

“Mr. and Mrs. Byun, I'm deeply sorry for causing such trouble I swear I'll never do it again. I’ll be careful of my actions in the future. I'll pray everyday for your health. Jeongmal choesonghabnida (I'm really sorry)”

 

He laughed at me but all I could give him is a death stare.

 

“Your lovely parents are most likely to die early for having a troubled son like you!”, I snapped at him.

 

He laughed even more. My blood is boiling at the sound of his high-pitched laugh. I swear to God, you’ll pay for this… after your hand healed.

 

“My parents are totally fine. They're asking me for medicinal wine you once bought for them.”

 

“Really? Tell Mom, I'll send her some soon. I miss her cookings so much”

 

“Me too. Remember her pot of Samgyetang? Uwah, it makes me wanna go back to Bucheon. The last time I went there is 5 months ago. They must’ve missed me so much. I miss my grandma too”

 

I finally snapped out of it.

“How did we ended up talking about your family? Nevermind, you must go home now. It's already midnight. Call your manager.”

 

“No.” He looked at me followed by a few seconds of silence. I breathed deeply before giving him a response.

 

“You know what? Last time was a mistake. If it makes you think that kidnapping me for five minutes changes anything between us then you're wrong.”

 

“Then why did you make me stay? Why do you still have my number? Why do you keep on insisting that there's nothing yet you know that you feel the same? That we’re stuck in the same place.”

 

“Oh please, we’re grown-ups now. You know that we can't do this anymore. We mustn't take risks. We’re  being a news article, a gossip, a joke that's not funny anymore. I hate that. I'm scared that if we keep on relying on this ill-fated hope, we’ll end up being ruined. It's hard for me and I know it's hard for you too but it's the best option.”

 

“Listen--”, he got interrupted by me.

 

“No, YOU listen. You're a junior of mine so take this as a piece of advice: don't let your feelings get the best of you especially when you're in our line of job. Now, I'm not gonna ask you again. Please, LEAVE.”

 

He gave me one last look of melancholy but I looked away hoping that he won’t stay any longer because if he did, I might just die inside.

 

He deeply sighed then headed to the door. I waited for the sound of the door locking itself. Then I broke down to the floor, crying.

 

I hugged a small pillow from my couch and sobbed as the my world crashed down.

 

 

A/N

I'm really sorry for this! I cried writing this. I feel so bad for them...

Comment and subscribe for more Baekhyun and Taeyeon's happiness