Place 14: His Side

Places I Go

Taeyeon POV


I was done for today and am currently in my van. It’s almost midnight but before I head straight back to Baek’s house (I guess I should call it our house now), I dropped by to my apartment first to take a few clothes. I also took the gift I prepared for his passed birthday. I know that it’s late but a gift like this takes a few days to make. I just hope that he’ll like it because I know that there will be a lot of obstacles in our way.


My van took off once again to take me to the house. An eager smile is written on my face. I can’t wait to see him. It’s just been a tiring day. Seeing him will charge my batteries.


My manager helped me with my bag as I entered the door but the whole house is empty. All the lights are off. He’s not here.


I started to panic. I quickly took out my phone. I didn’t receive a call or message from him throughout the day. Where could he be?


I called him. I called him again. I called him once more. He’s not picking up. I almost forgot that my manager’s still here. He looked at me worriedly.


“Noona, calm down. No one knows this place. Wherever he is, he took himself there. He can take care of himself”, he said. I just couldn’t shake the feeling that there’s something wrong. If he’s to leave then he could’ve sent me a text but I got nothing. The last time I saw him is this morning before I left.


I just remembered that he's with his manager earlier. I called his manager next. After a few rings, he answered.


“Hello?”
“Oppa, do you know where Baek is right now? He’s not home”.
“He’s with me”. I sighed in relief. “He left a note by your table lamp”, he said before hanging up the short call.


I searched for the note.


Taengoo,
I won't return for a few days. I'm really sorry for not telling you beforehand. Don't worry about me. Take care. I love you XOXO
~Baekoong ♥


It's only been two days since we live together. I'm not gonna stand idly by. I motioned to my manager to follow me going out.


“Where to?”
“EXO’s dorm”


I'm extremely tired. The travel time to that place is an hour drive but my eyes were open throughout the ride, thinking about how I should beat him up for disappearing like that. Because of that idiot, I became this crazy lady.


I clutched my hand on the package I’m gonna give to him as a gift. It's a scrapbook of our pictures and memories. I made it despite the busy days since we got back. I allocated a lot of time for this. He’s been my light during the past few days. He’s just been away from me for a few hours but I already feel lost. I don't think I'll be able to live a day without him from now on. I sound like an overly-attached girlfriend, don't I?


After an hour of my internal reflection, we finally reached the their dorm. This is the exactly the 12th time I’ve ever been here. I don't want to reminisce the previous times I was here. I'll be more and more embarrassed of myself.


I knocked on the door loudly for so long. He finally answered the goddamn door.


“Calm down, woman”, he said scratching his half-opened eyes. His hair is a mess. He’s wearing pajamas. He was sleeping but I couldn't care less.


Without his permission, I quickly entered his dorm bumping his shoulder. He slowly closed the door and faced me with a blank expression.


“Why aren't you home earlier?”, I impatiently asked. I may be angry but I need to hear his side in this first.
“Come on, Tae! My clock says it’s 0:04. I’m not gonna do this right now” he said like a whining annoying kid. He must be so pissed at me for waking him up. He hates that.


Before I could talk again, he put his palm over my mouth. He dragged me somewhere and unless they changed rooms, this path is to his and Chanyeol’s room.


He threw me to his bed lazily and laid beside me. He turned off his bedside lamp and put his blanket over us. He slept.


“Baek, what is happening? Please, explain t--” I was interrupted by the sleepy midget beside me.


“Shhh~ shut up before I change my mind”, he said softly while pointing at the other bed opposite us. I don't wanna sleep on someone else's bed! Unless it's Baek’s of course.
“But--”
“Nah-ah-ah”, he placed his arm behind my head and hugged my petite body. I'm so tired too so I just dropped it and slept comfortably hugging him back.


The moonlight shone from his window towards us. It was nice and warm midnight.


I woke up to the sun’s shine on his room. He’s not here. I stood up and ran around his dorm, not finding him anywhere. I went to each of s’ rooms, the kitchen, playroom, living room, balcony, parking lot, everywhere. Why is this house so big anyways? For God's sake Baek, stop vanishing!


When my legs got tired, I returned to his room and he’s there, all dressed up with his hair still wet. Oh, Taeyeon! Maybe the reason your boyfriend’s stupid is because you're also one. I forgot to check his own bathroom. Gosh!


“Hey, why are you sweating? Did you run? What's with the slamming doors?”, he asked while drying his hair.
“Uhm, let me help you with that”, I took his hairdryer. I successfully changed the subject. I can't deal with embarrassment right now.


While I was his hair to dry, I noticed the small stitch by his scalp. It worries me to see him like this. I know that he’s still a person like me who can't get all the freedom we want due to our chosen job but as a person who can't stand being helpless, I understand his position. That's why he left. He went here yesterday because he wants to perform again. He wants to stop choosing himself. That's the primary instinct of us, idols. I stopped the hairdryer and sat beside him.


“Are you sure you want to get back there? You still have a valid excuse to refuse”, I said looking at him.


“I'm not refusing or accepting anything. I want to go back there on my own. My members and fans are rooting for me. My little wound won't stop me”, he sincerely replied.


I just nodded at him. “Okay. Can you wait for me so we could go together? I have activities too”
“Sure. By the way, my manager said you’ll have a tour after your promotions”


I stayed silent for a while. I feel awful that I forgot to tell him about that. I don't wanna leave now that I have a reason not to. If we stay apart for too long, we'll eventually break again. I don't like that to happen. I can't go back to my old life.


“I’m really sorry for not telling you this sooner but I haven't confirmed that yet with our sajangnim. I still don't know, Baek. It's pretty scary to be alone. And frankly, there's another thing I'm afraid of”, I said. He gave me a worried look.
“What? Why?”
“I fear that after being away from each other, after some time, sooner or later, we will…”, I can't stop the tears.
“No, no, no. Don't even think about it. That wouldn't be a problem. We’ll be okay. I know it”, he assuringly said.
“But we won't see each other. My promotion's in a week and after that our boss will certainly find a way to send me somewhere for concerts and activities. We’ll be countries away from each other”, I held his hand tight.
“It's okay. It's better that both of us have something to do than just one of the us. The other would get bored sick. We're both strong. As you said, we could do this”.
“Did you know when you left yesterday, I almost had a heart attack. I was so worried. Don't do that again, okay? Inform me of anything from now on, okay?”
“I didn't contact you because you were busy. I forgot to call you before I slept. I'm sorry. I'll reach out to you more often. I promise”


He drew small circles behind my hand using his thumb. He placed his left hand on my cheek then kissed my worries away. I'm thankful that we could fix things quickly like this.


For that moment, I don't wanna leave that place. I don't want to leave his side.

 

A/N

Hello! I made a cover but it's too simple and it . I'm sorry. That'll be my temporary cover. For now, enjoy the following chapters. Please subscribe and comment(≧▽≦)