Place 13: Our House

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV

 

It’s a peaceful evening here at the roads of Seoul. Me and Taeyeon are riding my car to a place I arranged myself. It's makes me feel proud to do things like this for us. I'm want to show her that I’m a man that's capable of providing everything she needs. That's why I took time preparing something for us both. I know she’ll love it.

 

“Baek, where are we going?”, she asked me for the nth time but I won't spoil the surprise of course.

 

“We’re going somewhere down the road, somewhere over the rainbow, somewhere only we know”, I jokingly said.

 

“Those are songs, Baek. Aish, nevermind”, she looked away. I stopped before the traffic red traffic light.

 

“I told you to trust me, right? Do you trust me?”

“Yes, I do”

“Then just enjoy the ride. We’ll get there before you know it”

“But we’re in a neighborhood. Are we visiting someone? Are we meeting your parents?”

“No. Instead of asking me useless questions, tell me, is my driving okay?”

“Yes, you are beyond expectation to be honest. You're prone to mistakes and accidents but you're careful now. But don't change the subject”

 

A few more minutes later, we arrived at a beautiful two-story house.

 

“This is a pretty house”, Taeyeon said with an approving face. I mentally high fived myself for impressing Taeyeon more than several times in one day. I took her in front of the gate. She looked at me as I search for my key.

 

“Taengoo, this house is not just any house anyone can enter. The only ones who could enter are me--”, I paused as I took her hand to give the other key.

 

“And you’, I said with a huge grin. She looked at the key on her hand then back at me.

 

“Are you joking?”, she asked while obviously doubting me… again. My grin turned into a frown.

 

“I’m not! Taengoo-ah, I bought this house for us. Can't you see? I want to share it with you. Now, can we please enter the damn house. This is our home now”, I frustratingly told her.

 

“I was kidding, you idiot”, she said as she laughed and ruffled my hair. I pouted at her for making a joke like that. She began to open the gate using her key. She entered the house but I just stood there outside being the annoyed “idiot” I am.

 

She looked back at me laughing. She walked towards me and interlocked her fingers with mine. It felt so nice and warm.

 

“Aww, my koongie is mad”, she said cutely. Damn Tae, you know how to push my buttons well. She kissed me on my cheek. I slowly smiled as she dragged me in.

 

The front door opened to a fully-furnished living room. It already has a tv, surround speakers, small book case carpet, couch, coffee table and aesthetic decorations around. The lights are fancy too.

 

There's an L-shaped kitchen at the left side of the living room and the stairs at the right. On the second floor, there's another living room but with a few additions like a computer and an arcade game machine. There's the bedroom by the left side too.

 

“How did you manage to get these done while being in the hospital?”, she asked.

“I did this before me and my members started practicing for our tour. I want to have my own house so here it is”, I said as we took a sit after a short tour around the house.

“That's why your manager doesn't want you to stay at my apartment. I actually thought that you’ll live at your dorm with no one else”

“Why would I? You're here”

“Yes, I am Koongie!”, she pinched my cheeks.

 

“What's with the cutesy stuff all of the sudden? Where’s my all so serious Taeyeon?”, I pinched her face back.

“I don't know. I'm hungry.”

“Then let's eat.”

 

That night went by happily. We ate food together, watched tv, slept and woke up in each other's arms. Today's a better day, I thought to myself.

 

Taeyeon served pancakes on the table. D.O.’s pancakes are good but pancakes are PERFECT when your ideal wife made them. I ate the pancakes in delight as she smiled at me.

 

Someone rang the doorbell. I stood up to answer the door. It's my manager.

 

We entered the house and he greeted Taeyeon but he gave me a serious look. I excused myself to talk to Taeyeon for a bit.

 

“Hey what’s wrong?”, she asked.

“I don't know too. Can you give us a few minutes? I think this is important”, I worriedly said.

“Okay, I have to go out anyways”

“Really? Why?”

“I have work to do, remember? My van will be here later”

“Okay”, I nodded as I give her a quick peck on the lips. She headed upstairs to clean up.

 

I approached my manager. He’s still giving me that disapproving look.

 

“What? Hyung, stop staring at me like that”, I consciously said.

“Whatever. Have you received any calls from your members lately?”

 

Now that I thought about it, it all seems like a blur except for my memories with Taeyeon. If I did, it must’ve slipped off my mind. His question made me check my phone. I got surprised by the amount of messages from our group chat, my members and there are miscalls too. My head felt like spinning.

 

“Welcome back to reality, EXO’s Baekhyun. I'm here to remind you that you won't be staying in dream land like you expected. You have to continue your activities as soon as possible. You're lucky they still don't know about you and her yet but you're missing out too much. You should get ready to go back in.”

 

He tried to explain everything calmly to me. He told me that everyone in the group are worried about me because I haven't been answering their texts and calls. They only know what's happening through our manager. I'm so stupid. I feel like a selfish bastard right now.

 

“Tell me when you're ready to take a rushed practice for you to be able to perform for the next two months because if not, people will search for you and if you're not careful enough, they will find you.”

“But hyung, I don't want to leave her now--”

“Haven’t she told you? She's leaving too. She'll be having concerts outside the country after her album release. That's why she'll be working everyday from now on. She'll be leaving sooner than you.”

 

I was taken aback by all these things I found out today. When my manager left, the first thing I did is to open all the messages my members sent.

 

Sehunnie: Hyung, are you okay? We're doing well. I hope you do too.

Rap Yoda: Byun Baekhyun!!! Where are you? Why haven't you responded to my texts? We're so worried right now. Please, reply asap.

Unicorn: Baekhyun-ah, I know you're not feeling well right now. I wish my healing powers could reach you through our phones. Saranghae!

Leader Hyung: Take care of you health always Baekhyun-ah. We might not be there but we're praying for you. I hope we could see you soon.

JjongBabo: My vocal chords feel like crap now. You should feel guilty for our vocalists. We need you here. Please, get well.

Satansoo: If you won't reply immediately, I'll fly there and take your life by my own hands.

Xiu: I miss you so much Byun…

Jongin: You have some explaining to do. Hyung, please, come back as soon as you're okay.


How could I forget these guys? I touched my stitched wound at the back of my head, just above my neck. It doesn't sting as much as the past week. I feel like I should really put my head back in the game.

 

 

A/N

How will they survive the most common problem among idolxidol couples? I have no idea.

Anyways, comment and subscribe to motivate me to write more.