Place 3: My Room

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV

 

I was resting in our car after a day-long dance practice. I'm so tired and exhausted as if 90% of my soul was taken away from my body. It made me easily fall into a deep sleep.

 

My mind faded to an empty stage with no one but me at the center of the spotlight. It's too dark so I can't see the audience clearly. But since it's a stage and I'm holding a microphone, my automatic response is to sing no matter if I see my audience or not.

 

I sang the first part of the song "Beautiful".

 

¶ Hello, you came to me
Giving me your shy scent

In my hazy dream
You were shining, dazzling

With a fluttering heart, without knowing
I went to you, step by step
And I stayed by your side ¶

 

As I was singing, flashes of weird inanimate objects and places came into my mind:

 

my phone

fully-packed theater seats

our company hall

two cups of coffee

the night scenery from my room’s window

 

I'm fully aware that this is just a dream because besides the fact that these flashes of things are non-sensical, the whole place is peculiar. All the stages I’ve performed on has people in it and this is just a complete opposite of what I and my members experience. This place is too calm and serene even if it’s dark.

 

This is too quiet and nice. I'm not used to this kind of feeling.

 

As I ended the song, there was someone who clapped for me. Someone, only one who applauded to the song I just sang. I want to know who it is but I can't see anyone beyond the stage.

 

Then a female figure walked towards the elevated platform I'm standing on. I heard her distorted voice.

 

...Baekhyun, yah! Byun Baekhyun!

 

My eyes opened slowly. Then a huge face of Kim Junmyeon aka Suho, our group leader, appeared in front of me. He startled me to death.

 

"Wah! Suho Hyung (older brother/friend)! Why do you have to go so near me? You're so scary!"

 

"We have to get out of the car and sleep at our proper beds. You can't treat the car seat like that and drool all over it while you sleep."

 

I reached for my mouth. "I didn't drool!", I yelled as I lift myself off the car.

 

We walked to our dorm then got ready to sleep. We need to sleep early because we have lots of activities to do tomorrow.

 

As I sat on my bed, a person peeked through my bedroom door.

 

"Do you have an extra facial cream by your stash? Mine had ran out.", said Xiumin, the oldest amongst all of us 9 members.

 

"I think I have an extra face cream here somewhere."

 

I looked at my table drawer. I realized that it's been so long since I've touched my table. I saw my old stuff then the facial cream. I gave it to Xiumin.

 

"Thanks." He said and I nodded my head as a reply.

 

I got back to my table. There are pens, old notes where I used to jot down my reminders, face creams, moisturizers, polaroids, and my diary. I completely forgot about these things. I didn't even realize these are still here.

 

These pens had dried up its ink. These notes are mostly motivations to get me through my day. It says 'FIGHTING!' a lot, 'You can do it!', 'You'll do a good job', etc. The face creams and moisturizers are from my members. I just remembered that the face cream I gave to Xiumin is actually a gift from him. I smiled.

 

I saw my polaroid camera. I have a lot of pleasant memories from it. I never thought of these memories as a bad thing like what others think it is. They say that being with her is a mistake. Having these memories of her is a mistake.

 

But these memories made me what I am today, a stronger person.

 

I really wish I could turn back the time and change the realities I could.

 

I still can't digest the feeling of her absence. I really wish Taeyeon's here. These pens are hers. She hand-written these notes for me. The pictures from these polaroids are full of colors because of her. She's always everywhere but by my side.

 

A tear almost dropped off my eye but I managed to bring back a smile. I mustn't cry now.

 

She's happy.

 

I tell myself that everyday.

 

I want to sleep again but I can't shake off these feelings. I shouldn't have touched this drawer. I need another distraction.

 

I reached for my phone hoping that someone's still awake and willing to talk to me. I looked at my contacts. There's a lot of people I've never contacted on my phone ever. I may disturb them but I need to bother someone until I sleep.

 

I decided to check my Instagram account. A lot of my fans liked and commented on my photos. I searched for my own hashtag: #Baekhyun.

 

These pictures, edits, and fanarts are so cute and creatIve. My fans are amazing and talented too. I'm so lucky to have them but having a fanbase like this is not so easy. Large fandom means both more supporters and more haters.

 

I scrolled down 'till I found an interesting photo.

 

"OMG! Taeyeon liked a Baekhyun selfie!!!! My OTP is back! #Baekhyun #Taeyeon #Baekyeon @baekhyunnie_exo @taengoo", says the caption.

 

What?

 

I read the caption again just in case I’m hallucinating. This is so unbelievable.

 

It's real…

 

She liked a photo of mine. She still looks at me through the screen. There it is, the false hope that there's still a chance for us. My cheeks are heating up.

 

Without me knowing, a light smirk crept up in my face. When I realized it, I stopped smiling.

 

JEONGSINCHARYEO! (snap out of it)

 

I’m probably one of the top searches on the internet as of now. That's a scary thought because that means she is too. Ugh, damn the bashers! People are just so mean when they’re anonymous.

 

She liked a selfie from a fan account. It 's not a big deal. I musn't be! or else…

What am I gonna do now? I stood up and circle around my small room.

 

Then my phone rang.

 

 

A/N

This is getting more and more interesting, isn't it? Omo, who called our baby? Find out on the next chapter. Please subscribe and comment. It'll help me alot. Thank you so much guys!!!