Place 9: At The "Meteor Shower" (유성우석)

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV

 

A few days passed by quickly. Nothing special is happening. It's as if I'm living in a black and white world. It’s the same activity everyday: waking up early, working, then going back to bed to have a 4-hour sleep. Everything seems monotone to me.

 

The last time some color went to life is the 5-minute moment with Taeyeon in that waiting room by the exit door of the whole theater. Still, the first one who left is her. It's the for the best.

 

The first concert we’re going to do is, of course, here in Korea but we'll leave right after the said two-day event.

 

“Ding-ding--ding-ding--ding-ding…”

 

My phone started humming the intro of our song called “Monster”. It's been my ringtone for a while now.

I picked up the phone. It’s Heechul hyung.

 

Baekhyun: Heechul Hyung!

Heechul: Yah Byun, Suho said you're leaving in a few days?

Baekhyun: Yes hyung, we’re going on tour for a few months.

Heechul: Wow, that's gonna be so tiring but I bet you could still take down all of Asia.

Baekhyun: Says the guy who used to do 28 concerts in a year. You already did that. No one beats Super Junior hyungdeul.

Heechul: Ayy, stop it. Let's just meet before you leave. You could bring your friends too.

Baekhyun: Alright, same place?

Heechul: Yes, 8 pm.

Baekhyun: Okay Hyung.

Heechul: I’ll catch you guys later, bye!

Baekhyun: Bye

 

This is going to be fun. I'm going to bring Chen and Chanyeol since they’re the only ones who are free tonight.

 

The day went by so me and the guys started driving to a reserved place for us. It's a small but a nice meat restaurant called “Meteor Shower” or Yuseongu. That's where we go everytime we want to hang out with just us and the bros. The word “just” is actually an understatement because we're usually more than 10 going here. That's another reason why we reserve the whole place.

 

Of course, Heechul brought Leeteuk, another Super Junior member. They met us giving our customed handshakes which is pretty childish but awesome. They're already grilling the meat we’re going to eat which smelled really good by the way and a lot of plates are already surrounding the grill on the table.

 

I think this meeting is originally for the Kyuhyun Line (also Kyuhyun’s group of friends which consists of SJ Kyuhyun, DBSK Changmin, SHINee Minho, EXO Suho, CNBlue Jonghyun, Infinite Sunggyu) because almost everyone is here. Suho hyung is busy today for his variety shows and Changmin Hyung is still yet to be discharged from the ARMY training so they're not able to come with us today but man, this crowd feels great already.

 

Heechul hyung started the conversation while taking a bite of Korea’s Premium beef.

 

Heechul: Hey everyone! EXO is gonna have a 3-month hiatus on our parties.

Jonghyun: What? Why?

Sunggyu: They're going to have their world tour.

Minho: Ahhh! That's right. They just ended their promotions. They even won trophies during the recent music shows.

Leeteuk: Ehh, I thought we’re here to have fun. Stop talking about work. Everyone's tired already.

Heechul: That's true. Our little guys here are going to leave the country in a few days. Give them a break.

Chen: That's not necessary hyung.

Chanyeol: I miss the food here. Uwah I could eat this my whole life.

 

Minho noticed that I wasn't talking so much so he started putting me in the hot seat.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, is there something new on your life? I heard a few rumors about you.”, Minho said.

I didn't wanna reply harshly so I chose my words well.

“Yes, the rumors are true. I’m currently working on my next single under the Station.”, I replied evading the worst possible topic.

“That's not the rumor I heard.” Minho said.

Then Chanyeol rashly  asked right after Minho.

“What did you hear Hyung?”

God dammit Chanyeol! I mentally cursed at him

“I think there's something he should tell us too” Kyuhyun added.

“Hey, back off. He would tell us willingly if it's ok but it's not so don't pressure the kid, okay?”

 

If it weren't for Heechul I’d probably be leaving now. He’s the closest friend to me besides my members and I'm glad he feels the same way.

He used to protect me and Taeyeon during those days we're together. He’s the closest to being an older brother, father even, to me.

 

Kyuhyun saved the conversation by asking Leeteuk something instead.

 

Kyuhyun: Leeteuk Hyung, what are you up to these days? You must be seeing someone now without telling us.

Leeteuk: Trust me, I’d love to. I'm in my thirties for God's sake. But it seems like no one's interested. The last I was in a relationship was in a fake one on tv.

Kyuhyun: What a shame… Somebody date this pitiful guy, please!

 

The whole place was bursting of the sounds of men laughing and shouting. Time went by and the guys left one-by-one.

 

I want to leave early but Chanyeol and Chen decided to stay a bit more so I just closed my eyes and rested on the table while they talk.

 

Heechul: … went to a cafe with Kyunghoonie then someone approached us asking for a picture. I started to nod and paused eating to get ready but then the person gave me the camera to take a picture of them. I was shocked because I thought she knew me. Am I that unpopular? I think I’ve worked enough for the past decade, right?

Chanyeol: Hahahaha! Hyung that person must’ve mistaken you as his manager.

Chen: Maybe she likes old style of music.

Heechul: Still, it hurt my pride.

Leeteuk: …

Heechul: Are you okay? (To Leeteuk)

Leeteuk: I just noticed Baekhyun’s already deep sleeping.

Chen: No, hyung. This guy wakes up as soon as we poke him.

Heechul: How’s everything by the way? The internet’s been full of those articles of him again.

Chanyeol: It’s okay. This happened a lot of times for the past 3 years. I think this won’t be as big as it were.

Chen: We’re busy as well. We’ll get over it in time. We’ll just try not to open our SNS accounts for a few days.

Heechul: Poor guy. He’s done nothing wrong yet he’s getting that treatment from people. That explains why he’s been so quiet. He must’ve felt guilty too that he’s not doing good enough

Chen: Don’t worry hyung. He’s stronger now.

Leeteuk: I wish he is. He’s really a good guy. Don't let him fall easily, ok?

Heechul: Why are you suddenly talking like that?

Leeteuk: Nothing. It's just that he managed to protect her more than I did.

Heechul: Who? Taeyeon? Are you still not over her?

Leeteuk: Please. It's been almost 8 years. I’ve dated ladies after her. I just think that they're good together but a lot of things hold them back.

 

They think that I’m asleep but I'm secretly listening to their conversation. What he said is true or maybe I’m afraid to choose for my own.

 

I’m tired of writing and erasing, being unable to find an answer.

 

After another session of conversations between them, Chen and Chanyeol patted me in the back to wake up for us to go back to our dorm.

 

I stood up and approached Leeteuk to ask him something.

 

 

A/N

I'm a bit of a fan of the Kyuhyun line. They're the most perfect (super superlatives cuz why not) group of friends ever. I saw "Exciting India". They're all so cute. Btw, I'm not sure if Taeyeon and Leeteuk really dated but I'd rather believe that they didn't. Leeteuk said in Radio Star that the bunny ear rings are just a coincidence.

I also used a "My Answer" by EXO reference here. Comment if you love this song and also subscribe for more Lay, Kai, and Sehun body rolls