Place 8: The Waiting Room

Places I Go

 

Taeyeon POV  

 

I saw him. He even bowed at me. He’s at the leftmost seat on the row below mine. My ex is just 3 meters away from me. I bet he knows that I accidentally put us both in trouble. I must immediately go behind stage to give my presents to Seohyun. I must leave this theater as fast as possible.

 

The show finally finished. I hurriedly ran on the heels to Seohyun’s waiting room. I opened her door and went quickly inside without looking back.  

 

“Eonnie! You made it! Thank you so much! Why are you panting? Is something wrong?” she asked with concern.  

“Nothing, I just need to give this to you and leave early. Sorry I can’t stay for long I’m leaving, okay? Congratulations on your play and I hope you’ll thrive more on you career. Fighting! Bye!” I hastily said.

 

Before she could bid goodbye, I left the room. I have to run up the hall again to reach the exit.

 

This is the time the way out of this place feels too far away. I walked so fast, almost like a run. I was almost there. But somebody covered my mouth and grabbed me to the room by the hall.

I’ve experienced kidnapping before and it’s not so pleasant. The room is so dark and the kidnapper is still covering my mouth as I scream for help.

 

“Shush... Shush... It’s me”, he said in a calm voice.

 

That voice is not just familiar. His voice is practically etched to my brain.

 

He softly took his hands off me and leaned his head down.

 

“What exactly are you doing?”, I asked as I calmed down. He lifted his head and started talking.   “I’m really sorry about dragging you here without notice. I just escaped from Sehun’s sight. I don’t have all the time before he starts looking for me.”  

 

He looked straight at me. His eyes are still the same, attractive, captivating… infatuating. His gaze makes me want to stay in this room forever and be with him. I suddenly felt like I ran a thousand steps because my heart’s beating like crazy.  

 

“Why did you drag me here? We should avoid each other. You shouldn’t even come near me. You should-- can you please let go my hand.” I firmly said.

 

He probably didn’t notice that he have my left hand pinned by the side of my head to the door. I know what my feelings are telling me but this is wrong. My, not my, our feelings are irrelevant when it comes to our job.  

 

He then let go off me and started smirking softly.  

 

“What’s that smirk all about?”, I curiously asked.  

“Maybe I just missed you so much”. That just slipped out of his mouth.

What? Really? His statement didn’t help my heart calm down one bit.  

 

After a few seconds of awkward silence, it finally came.  

“No, no, no. I didn’t mean it that way! I just thought that I don’t see you much and sunbaenims at the company are worried for you. If they were to see you again, they would say the same... Right?”  

 

I raised an eyebrow.  

 

“Anyways, I think I deserve an explanation to why I’m in trouble for that issue you made.”  

 

Shi~ I almost forgot about that. I need to at least make him believe to what really happened without making him suspect otherwise.  

 

“It was all an accident. I dropped my phone and accidentally liked that photo.”  

Are you kidding me? Is that convincing for you, Taeyeon?!  

 

“Wow, is that it? Are you going to give that statement to our boss?”, he retorted while laughing.  His smile is just~

“Yah Baekhyun! Stop teasing me! You probably didn’t notice but I’m still your senior. You must respect me, okay? And why are you speaking formally to me? We’re not… that close anymore”, I hesitatingly said.  

 

He leaned closer to my face.  

 

“Is this close enough?”  

 

My whole body is overriding. I can’t move. Stop playing with my head, Baek. I might die.  

 

“Look at you!” he said while laughing his heart out.

 

He backed away after having a good look on my hilarious face as my knees felt being weak. He must know that these kind of feelings are unhealthy for me. I slowly fell.

He caught me by the waist before fully hitting the ground. He slowly let me down.  

 

“Sorry...”  

“I know.”  

“Maybe I should go now.”  

 

I know well that whatever I’m currently doing is crazy but I still did something crazier.

I held unto his jacket. I looked at him once more.  

 

“Stay for a bit more”. Dammit.  

“Okay.”, he willingly said.

 

He sat next to me and held my hand. I was supposed to let go but I needed the warmth of his hand to calm me down. I leaned the back of my head to his chest, feeling his heartbeat on the same pace as mine.

 

I finally felt like there’s someone for me.

 

 

A/N


Sorry for this terrible writing. I'll be better. I wrote this last year at school actually. It's our summer vacation so I continued it. I promise that the following chapters will be better. Comment, subscribe!!!