Place 12: I Don't Know

Places I Go

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I begged and kneeled at the manager to allow me to take Baekhyun to my apartment. The doctor said that it would be better if he’s discharged because he must always walk around and not remain stagnant on the bed. I thought that since all s are overseas, he doesn’t have anyone back at their dorm except his manager. So I talked to his manager and after a long series of debate, he just gave up. But there’s another problem.

 

“No, I’m not coming with you”, said the stubborn guy in front of me. I thought I’m done convincing people to take him home then there’s this guy. I swear to God, Baekhyun!

 

“WHYYYY?”, I frustratingly asked.

 

“A girl taking me to her house is a ridiculous idea. I should be the one taking you home. I’m not helpless. I’m still a man”

 

“But you’re a man whose got a huge bandage on your head for being knocked out by pretty lights!”

 

“It sounds bad when you say it that way. Anyways, you’ll never sway my decision. I’d rather be a hospital zombie than be a prideless man”

 

“Are you serious? You drive me crazy, Baekhyun. Ugh!”

 

“I know. Maybe there’s a way for me to consider it.”

 

That took my attention. I sat beside him on his bed.

 

“Call my name.”

“Baekhyun.”

“No, my other name.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Nevermind, wait.” I took out my phone and searched for Baek’s famous nicknames. I said it all one-by-one.

“Bian Buo Xian”. He shook his head

“Bacon?”. Still a no.

“RapByun?”. He smiled a bit but still not the one.

“Just tell me! What is it?”, I exploded at him.

 

“If I told you a clue, you’ll get it right away. I’m not easy.”

“It’s easy for me to punch you in the face.”

 

He took me by the waist then pulled me close to his face.

 

“You’re gonna hurt this face, huh?”, he pouted at me. I backed away but he pulled my face to his making me kiss him.

 

“Yah! What’s that for?”

 

“Punishment for not remembering my nickname, Taengoo-yah”, he said with a cutesy voice. This kid! It took me a few seconds to realise what name he wants to hear. No, I won’t call him that again. It’s cringy af.

 

“Can you stop?”, I told him.

“No. Not until I heard what I want to hear”.

“I’ll just send it to you by telepathy”. I placed my index fingers to my head and closed my eyes hoping he’ll just drop it.

“Omo (Oh dear). I’m not receiving anything. It seems like the telepathic communications office is closed today. Eotteokkaji? (what to do?)”, he said teasingly.

 

I heaved a defeated sigh. I took all my will-power in the world to say one word.

 

“Bae-baekoong”, he gave me a contented smile and hugged me onwards.

“That’s right Taengoo!!!”, I smiled at this man-child I call my boyfriend.

 

“What about my proposition? Will you let me take care of you at my house?”, I hopefully asked.

 

“It’s still a big NO”, he answered. That’s it. I won’t play with him anymore.

 

“Don’t talk to me”, I told him as I left the room.

 

The reason why I want him to live at my house for a while is because I want to spend more time with him. His birthday passed with him inside an operating room. I got something planned but he’s being persistent.

 

My manager readied the car outside. I’m supposed to be preparing for my next album but I spent my days at the hospital with him. The studio called me earlier to record so I decided to head there now.

 

I sang songs about heartbreak and since that midget broke my heart today, I got to sing it perfectly. Feeling satisfied about my song, I headed behind the glass to sit for awhile. My producer explained a few things about the effect he’s going to use to improve the ambience of my voice and make it more suitable to the raw instrumentals. I listened to her absent-mindedly. I don’t really care what she’ll do to the song. I just miss him already. I might’ve called him a “man-child” but he’s “my man-child”.

 

The female in front of me took out her phone to receive a call. She headed out of the studio and left me here on the couch. Once again, I enjoyed the silence around the small studio. I thought of ways I could to celebrate his forgotten birthday and how I could bring back our old flame.

 

I stopped brainstorming because it's stressing me out. Instead, I thought about his nickname, Baekoong. I used to shorten it to just “Kkung” because that's what my heart does when he's around. It goes “kkung kkung, kkung kkung”

 

Eew! What's with all that cringy stuff, Kim Taeyeon?

 

Then I thought about his puppy eyes, square smile, soft hair, plump lips that bite people when bored, slender hands and how he tends to eat his fingers. He has weird mannerisms like that. Oh, I almost forgot, he’s a huge Byuntae (“ert” and btw that's a real word. it just happens that his surname and my first name is there but I wouldn't argue if you think that it's not just a coincidence).

 

The producer is taking too long on her call but I let her be. It must be important and besides, I like being here. I closed my eyes to sleep.

 

She opened the door and sat beside me. I pretended that I’m sleeping so she would just continue everything next time.

 

My eyes cracked open as I felt someone kiss me. I looked at the person. It turns out that Baekhyun came here. He must’ve left the hospital earlier. I shouted at him… again.

 

“Who said you could steal kisses all the chances you could get? Gosh, I thought you're the producer-nim who left earlier.”

 

“Sorry. I couldn't resist. You were sleeping with your mouth open. Hahahaha! What were you dreaming about? Were you dreaming about me?”

 

“Absolutely not! Who said you could talk to me. Stop talking to me. I don't want to see you. Scram!”

 

“I wanna take you somewhere. Get up.”

“...”

“Oh come on! Don't be mad anymore. Let me make it up to you. Let's go.”

 

He pulled me but I'm not letting him take me. He suddenly lifted me off my feet. He carried me, bridal style. It won't be too obvious that he came from the hospital if the the bandage by the back of his head isn't evident.

 

I struggled to get off because first, he shouldn't tire himself up and second, I'm currently working.

 

“Stay still! I'm not that strong, okay? Stop moving!”

“Let me go! I'm still recording. I mustn't get out of this room.”

“Don't worry about that. She left already.”

“What are you talking about? She was just here.”

“She's here 15 minutes ago. And if you try to scream, the whole company will notice. Just trust me, okay?”

“Well, I don't have much of a choice, do I?”

“Good girl. Now, fix my hat for me.”

 

I pressed his hat over his head properly. I hid on his chest as he took me outside to the parking lot. He clicked on his car key to locate it. He finally put me down in front of his white Audi R8.

 

He opened the car door for me and I went in feeling worried because I'm the one always driving. It's different in this case, I hope I won't end up having a bandage on my head too.

 

“Don't worry. I quickly got my license after that night. I can drive. You can slap me later if we didn't reach our destination.”

 

He started the car without me knowing where we'll go.

 

 

A/N

What the hell happened to "angry CEO who wants his company to be squeaky clean"? Well, he disappeared for being busy. The news didn't catch so much attention compared to last time anyways.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe.

PS. I'm super addicted to crack videos these days