Place 4: My Apartment

Places I Go

 

Taeyeon POV

 

I came back from a variety show filming. My head hurts from all the spinning I did during a game and I thank God I could rest my aching head against my comfortable head rest.

 

After I did my evening routine, I went straight to my bed then checked my SNS (social networking site) accounts. I usually check my SNS just to see the things they search about me but it's mostly pointless, actually because there's always senseless stuff like what idols wear, the best kind of milk tea, ridiculous rumors, fancams and it circulates around the world even if it's, like I said, pointless. But if I don't check it every day, I would miss a lot around. It might be pointless but if you have millions of followers, things like what’s your nail polish color becomes valuable. My job is not so awesome.

 

I check my notifications only once a day because there's a lot of it and I can't check it all. I saw a notification that tagged me to a picture of a guy then I wondered who it was so I clicked on it. I was astounded.

 

His skin is perfect as always. His eyes stood out most even without his thick eyeliner he wears. He didn't wear anything special, just a simple pure white shirt that boys wear when they're at home.

 

It was Baekhyun's recent selfie reposted by a fan account. I stared at it too long. Then I looked away and thought "why am I staring at the photo?". That's weird.

 

DING!

 

Someone rang on my apartment's doorbell. I was so surprised I almost drop my phone. I caught it then squeezed it. I wish whoever that person is would not do that again. Who would even be awake at this hour?

 

I ran to the door and peeked through the hole to see who it is. It's Tiffany, one of my members and my bestest friend. I was a bit pissed but I opened the door for her then hugged her.

 

"Hi! Sorry for the late-night visit." she said.

I replied, "No, it's okay. I just wish that you'd call before you come here."

"I'm also sorry for that."

 

We went to my table and we shared a bowl of salad that she got yesterday from Seohyun, our youngest member. She's the best at making healthy food. While we eat, Tiffany talked about her day and her personal problems just like every time we meet.

 

"Do you still have that shirt I borrowed you last month? The linen pink shirt?", asked Tiffany.

"Yes I do, but I'm gonna need to look for it in my closet.", I said.

"It's ok, but while I wait, may I borrow your phone? Just for fun, I probably know everyone in your contact list anyway."

"No way. You won't."

"I already have it haha!"

 

She waved my phone in front of me . How did she even got my phone?

 

"Dammit. Whatever, just don't do anything stupid. Wait for me while I look for your shirt, okay?"

 

I left the table to look for the shirt. I used her shirt when I forgot to bring another one during a dance practice last month. She always lend me her stuff willingly. She's caring that way.

 

I thought of the reasons why she wanted my phone. Does she want to see my pictures? I take 5-10 pictures everyday and it's nothing special at all. Does she want to know who I call most? I call my mom and family these days and some work colleagues for reasons but I tell her everything and so does she to me. I stopped thinking then headed back to the table.

 

When I came back, she's called someone on my phone.

 

"Hi! I'm using Tae's phone. This is Tifanny by the way. So you are a Sun's emoji on her contacts. Who are you?"

 

OH MY GOD! She contacted him!

 

 

Baekhyun POV

 

Who would call me at this time at night? My palms started sweating and ears feel hot. Please, don't be Lee Sooman (SM Ent. CEO).

 

It took all my courage to pick up my phone. It's an unknown number. What if it's another of those crazy sasaeng fans (stalker fans)? Chanyeol changed his phone and all his numbers and passwords because of a bad phone call. I've never been scared of a phone call ever. I felt like living a horror movie.

 

I clicked the 'answer' button.

"H-hello?", I managed.

 

"Hi! I'm using Tae's phone. This is Tifanny by the way. So you are a Sun's emoji on her contacts. Who are you?", the caller said.

 

Taeyeon?! My ex still has my phone number?!

 

A lot of questions struck my mind but there's something I'm mostly curious about: Why?

 

I don't know how to react properly.

 

"Hello? Are you there? Who are y-", blurted the speaker of my phone.

 

I suddenly heard a muffled reprimanding voice that must’ve been Taeyeon’s.

 

“Hello? Hello?”, they hang the phone up leaving me confused.

 

The call ended like that.

 

Taeyeon POV

 

Tifanny called the emoji on my phone. The good thing is that I found the shirt so fast and I was on my way to her. My automatic response is to get my phone away from her.

 

“Yah! Are you crazy?” I shouted at her. I took the phone and stared at the little sun I save his name as on my phone. I still have his number for some reason. Maybe because deleting it means nothing. I memorized his phone number by heart. After looking at it for a second, I immediately hang up the call. I don’t want to stare at it for too long. It brings back memories.

 

“I was curious! Come on, you can’t be that angry”, she replied.

“Don’t do that again, okay? I saved the number as an emoji for a reason”

“Woah, your ears are gushing red. Ahahaha! Can’t you at least tell me who it is? It can’t be a secret boyfriend, right? You can’t be dating someone now, can you?”

 

I don’t know if I should tell her or not. We share almost everything to each other. She’s been open to me every time she’s not okay. I can tell her this but that is if I’m fine with it. But I don't think that I am right now.

 

“That contact isn’t worth anything of your time so just forget it.”, I told her.

“If it’s not worth it, then why did you hang it up faster than how Sunny drinks a bottle of soju? Why did you react that way? I’m really really curious now. You can’t blame me.”, Tifanny said.

 

“You know what, you don’t need to know. I’m going to delete it right now”.

 

I deleted Baekhyun’s number in one tap.

 

“See? It’s really nothing.” I said.

 

“Okay, but if there’s someone bothering you, you must tell me. Don’t carry this by yourself. You have your best friend right here.”

 

“Thank you”.

 

 

A/N

Secrets... I'm still looking for cover makers out there. Please comment down if you can make a cover for this story. I'd really appreciate it if you subscribe and comment about this story. Happy reading!