Place 5: EXO Dorm's Living Room

Places I Go

 

Baekhyun POV

 

I thought about the call before I sleeped. My brain kept thinking of possibilities why that call occurred. The longer I think about it, the happier I get. I betrayed my feelings for quite a long time now. That call made me feel warm inside just like the sun is bursting from my heart. I wonder if she still feels the same.

 

She must’ve been so flustered right now. Her cheeks must’ve been blushing like how she used to during those times she forgot her phone at home when it’s actually in her hand, when she used salt instead of sugar for my coffee or when she kissed me awkwardly for the first time...

 

Oh how I missed that little clumsy kid.

 

I can’t protect her or remind her to be careful now but I know that she’s doing okay. I don’t need to be her manager to know what she’s doing these days because everybody knows that she’s been working non-stop. She released a lot of songs since her solo debut. I’m also busy myself since the world tour started and those consecutive songs that my group and our sub-unit released. Working helped me move-on. I can tell that it’s the same to her too.

 

I woke up to the smell of rain. It’s not raining hard. In fact, there’s the sun shining through my window. I smiled, thinking that this might be something like a sign that there’s a good day ahead.

 

I turn on our dorm tv. The morning news came up.

 

“The slight rain will end after a few days. And the clouds that carried the rain will move out of our country. Now for the local news--”

 

I went to the kitchen and found Kyungsoo cooking something for breakfast.

“Kyungsoo, what are you cooking?”, I said.

“Eung, Baekhyun, you woke up early today. I think you won’t be doing anything this morning, right?”, he asked.

 

I approached him closer and saw that he’s cooking an American breakfast for this morning. He made sunny-side up eggs, hotdogs, and bacon. I’m getting the feeling that this day is totally mine.

 

“Yes and but I’ll be going in the afternoon” I replied.

 

Kai entered the kitchen too with his half-opened eyes.

 

“Kai! Good Morning!”, I said.

“What are you cooking, Dyo-ah”, he said while he nodded at me.

“I’m not finished yet. I’ll be serving it soon.”

 

When I approached the living room, the members are all sitting in a semi-circle. I automatically knew what this means.

 

We’ll have a serious talk.

 

We usually have this every time there’s an issue that affects the group as a whole like that time when we all fought because of schedule conflicts and personal problems. I hate it when this happens.

 

They already sat quietly so I joined them without asking. As I sat beside Kyungsoo. Our leader, Joonmyeon, immediately stood up to the front.

 

“Okay, everyone. It’s been a while since the last talk which is really nice.  I’m always hoping that these talks would end well so let’s do this one at a time. Let’s hear each other out. No need to rush. We have all morning.” Joonmyeon announced.

 

“Hyung, there’s nothing wrong, right? I don’t like this talks”, Kai replied.

 

“I think you’re not aware of the news online these days. We’re being bashed a lot more than ever. Our group is gaining a heap of anti-fans for various reasons besides Lay’s absence to a lot of our music show performances. I know that we can’t solve that one but we need to do something about these issues not just because our CEO asked us to but because our public image is getting affected big time.”

 

“Are you sure that’s it? I mean this talk isn’t starting until someone says the real issue. Come on, tell us.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Okay, it’s our SNS accounts. Actually, we’re not the ones who made the mistake but I just thought that it should be explained properly.” Suho replied.

 

“Is it Baekhyun’s?” Chen asked.

 

“What? Wh-what did I do now?” I said.

 

“It’s all over the internet. It’s already trending on search sites. Your ex liked your photo.”

 

I checked my phone and headed to the news page. It's the eagle-eyed fans again. How do they even do that? It's not easy to update yourself with whatever activities an account with lots of followers have. Trust me, I know.

 

Wow, amazing how universe do things. This blew up just last night. Universe, tell me what to do now…

 

“Did you two go back together? Did you meet her anytime this week?” Chanyeol asked.

“I didn’t and I wouldn’t. I told you all before that I won’t date anyone ‘till I settled down from work.” I told them.

“Don’t lie to us. Didn’t you contact her or anything?” Kai asked.

 

I paused for a while but I told them that she didn’t exactly contacted me. Tifanny sunbae accidentally called me from Taeyeon’s phone.

 

“That means that she still have your number. Why?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I don’t know”

 

“Okay, here’s what we’re sure that’s going to happen. Our CEO will call you and will try to keep the press off of it. We’ll avoid every question regarding this and you’ll stay away from her until the news disappear.” Suho said.

 

“But hyung, isn’t this the best time to talk to her? I mean… I really need to know. I deserve to know. I know that it's been 3 years but I want things to be cleared out for me and her” I replied.

 

“Baekhyun, I know that you and Taeyeon sunbae didn’t end well but the efforts of moving on from this situation took a lot from not just you but everyone around you. We wouldn’t like to risk it, right? Let’s just stick to this plan until it cools off, okay?”

 

“Okay”

 

 

A/N

Poor Baekhyun... Subscribe, comment...