Place 6: Province

Places I Go

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

My alarm didn’t ring its annoying sound this morning because it’s Thursday and it’s my short time off work for a while. Finally, after all those consecutive weeks working, I get to rest and sleep for 12 hours. I checked my phone for news. The first thing that popped into the site is about me.

 

“Girls’ Generation Taeyeon liked EXO Baekhyun’s photo”

 

Shiiiiiiii~ I liked his photo on instagram?! What? When? My head is spinning. I still can’t think properly. Wait, how did this happen? Did someone hacked my account? What am I gonna do now?

 

I have to trace back the memories I have last night. I started talking to myself like the idiot I am. My internal monologue:

 

What did I do?

I was with Tifanny.

 

No, before that.  

I’m looking at my instagram notifications.

 

Step-by-step.

I opened a notification of a fan who tagged my account to a photo. Then, I saw a picture of Baekhyun.

I stared at it.

 

Wait what? What’s wrong with you? Why tf... Nevermind, go on.

Someone rang the doorbell I was so surprised that I dropped my phone. I caught it and squeezed it.

 

Oh dear, that’s what my stupid little finger did. It touched the screen.

 

How am I going to explain this to the CEO? He’s not going to accept that as an accident! What’s wrong with you Kim Taeyeon?

 

I heard a knock on the door.

 

“Taeyeon? Are you awake? You should get ready early to fetch your gifts for Seohyun later. Taeyeon?” my manager told me through the door.

“Yes, oppa. I’ll be there in a minute”.

 

I got up straight and headed to the bathroom wondering what will happen to me as I step out of my house. The paparazzi people might follow me again. Moreover, I’m going to need a very good way to convince everyone of my innocence without looking like a total idiot.

 

I dressed up well because I’ll head straight to the theater to watch Seohyun’s new play later. She’s an amazing actress by the way. She grew up so well with us. She’s finally reaching her high point in her career after 9 years with Girls’ Generation. Now, I’m heading to one of her shows feeling like a proud mom.

 

My manager drove me to the province to buy her favorite treat, goguma or sweet potatoes as others call it. I selected it myself and picked the best sweet potatoes for her. After buying her gogumas, I went to the nearest flower shop and bought her congratulatory flowers.

 

I hope she’ll like my gifts.

 

As I was heading to the car, I started feeling the fresh air against my face. It’s pretty nice to be here because I didn’t get much attention. When you’re on stage, the amount of attention paid on me is too much. That’s why it’s becoming tiring for me. It’s agitating, scary, and takes too much energy from me. I needed time away from attention.

 

I ate my lunch by myself which is pretty enjoyable by the way, at an almost empty pasta restaurant. There’s not much people and I wore a face mask to be unrecognizable. My manager stayed at the car because I want this time for myself. It’s very seldom for me to eat peacefully by myself without being obligated to talk with someone. It’s not that I don’t like talking. I just need a little time for myself and be free for once. I want to forget the fact that my boss will probably call me sooner or later for my clumsiness.

 

My manager fetched me from the restaurant and headed to the Theater in Seoul where Seohyun would perform.

 

I walked into the wide stadium and seated at the in the middle of the 5th row. The spotlight descended into the middle.

 

The show finally began.

 

 

A/N

This is not as long as the other chapters but something's important here. Read the next chapter. Baekyeon interaction might be still a little far but don't worry. They'll meet someday. Subscribe and leave a comment.

For those who are interested in making a cover, comment down too, okay?