Chapter 2

Is this fate?

It was raining like hell when she got off from works at 5pm. Yoojin curses at herself for forgetting to brings her umbrella. She should've have accept the invitation from her workmates for a dinner. She could just brush away her nosy coworkers and awkward chat they will be having. She won't mind a couple of drinks but Mr Jung, the assistant manager would get nasty when he drunk. That's why she's been avoiding to have dinner with them after work.

When there is no sign for the rain to stop pouring, she decides to just run as fast as she can towards the mart nearby. She have to buy a new umbrella and heads home faster to set herself a warm bowl of chicken soup. Her stomach just would not stop growling.

She was disappointed when she couldn't find any umbrella. She could just runs toward the bus stop as it is much closer compared to the subway. But her stomach wouldn't allows that. She couldn't wastes 45 minutes of her time in agony by taking the bus with growling stomach.

She found a small restaurant right next to the mart where they sell the best spicy mixed noodle in the world as they claimed it on their window panel. "Auntie, one bowl of spicy mixed noodle please." She ordered as she sat near the corner at back.

She glanced at the mirror near the washing stand and saw how messy does she looks. Her hair was drenched wet with her eyes were smeared with washed mascara. She looks horrible. She sighed but didn't bother to fix herself.

When her noodle arrived, she does not waste any minutes and slurping the noodle deliciously. Suddenly, a man sits in front of her with a bowl of noodle on his hand. She stares at him and her eyes blinking rapidly. She glanced around and saw a few empty tables nearby her. And she glanced back at him with questioning eyes.

"Excuse me. I see an empty table over there. If you wouldn't mind, I'd kind of want to be alone." Yoojin said politely to him. When he stares back at her stoically, she puts down her chopstick and lightly tapped her hand on the table. "Look. Do I know you from somewhere because I don't remember putting you on my list of friends." She snides at him with irritated voice.

"This is sad. I recognize you even when you look like that." He said grinning while pointing at her face. She's almost snapped before she remembers how messy and hideous she is right now. Her face blushed and feels hot.

"You doesn't seem to be a boring dull woman. You are hell one of amusing woman I have ever met." He continued with a short chuckles. "The world is really against you huh?"

"You! You're the one with that stupid poodle right?" She asked with her eyes wide open. He lightly nodded his head and laugh at her. "Is my misery amuses you mister?" She stares at him furiously.

"Yongguk. Bang Yongguk. You should put my name on your list now." He said with a wide grin on his face.